G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

F@#k you! P1084 ses code. Tune up nightmare.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F@#k you! P1084 ses code. Tune up nightmare.

Well fellas, I decided to do my tune up since my car hit 80k recently. I had new iridium spark plugs sitting in a cabinet for a while and it was time for a air filter recharge.

So I started off with the spark plugs, they were easy to change but on the driver side the two plugs further back are easy to get switched up when reconnecting. So get the new plugs in, put everything back together and car wouldn't start, I moved some wires around and started the car but there was a **** load of misfire. So I knew the plugs were backwards, I took it apart and got the wiring right and started the car up, cool no problems.

So then I proceeded to take apart the intake and clean out the throttle body. Like a dummy I DID NOT disconnect the negative battery cable or the throttle body plug. So I get in there and move the throttle body butterflys like crazy and I'm spraying the cleaner and wiping it down the inside of the throttlebody. cool no big deal, i'm cleaning away. So I finish up and clean the air filter, and the MAF sensor. The next day I put everything back together. Happy as can be and started the car up. I already had a SES light from my O2 sensor not being happy with the HF cats.

So anyways I start the car, let it warm up and take off. And instantly I notice a big loss in power after 3000 rpms til about 6500 rpms. also idle is way off. So I start panicing and think **** what did I not connect right. I start looking at things, try to do the idle reset like 100 times and nope still high idle and loss of power. So I go searching and see people have issues with TB after moving butterflys. So I'm getting ready to buy a new TB, but I for whatever reason decide to but a OBDII scanner. And got a code of P1084 and the SES code for the cats. I decided to install the anti fouler for the O2 sensor. So the anti fouler fixed the Code for that O2 sensor. but still had the P1084 code. So I look that up and sure enough its a EVT position sensor bank 2. Well I go looking around and find the location of that sensor and part number.

I head over to Nissan for the part and get it. I changed out the part last night, put everything back together. I also cleaned all the electrical connectors with proper cleaner. Reset the ecu and fired up the car. I let the car warm up and idle was back to normal, I did some hard driving on the freeway with the scanner plugged in, and no codes came up. It was a pretty awesome feeling.

So anyways, let this be a warning to all of you get a OBD II scanner, Its so worth it, or even the cipher cable (I didn't because I don't have a laptop to hook it up to). I almost bought a new TB because I thought that was the problem. Scanner led me to something else and that fixed the issue.

Car drives really strong again! I am in love with this car again.

Last edited by jdmeg21; 05-20-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: fixing grammatical errors
The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (05-20-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
was it the angled sensor at the back of the engine? I got the same problem.Changed both sensors on the drivers side and the cranksensor and still have the light on