G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Test driving an M3 tommorrow!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rudeboy
ILLG35 your car rocks man I was just gonna do the CSL conversion before I wrecked my M3. I feel bad again, damn you j/k nice car man.

Yea man, this is nothing haha! Now is where it gets real crazy, i had an interview with Bimmer Magazine with me and my crew Eurowerkz, hopefully i will be in the upcoming spring issue once all of my stuff gets done and finished with my sponsors! I got 4-5 sponsors already and am doing something that i will be the first on the east coast with and 3rd in the US besides for the companies acars already haha, plus im getting the kit they dont even have on the market with boost raised up 2 bars haha *hint*...

Old 02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iLLG35
Yea man, this is nothing haha! Now is where it gets real crazy, i had an interview with Bimmer Magazine with me and my crew Eurowerkz, hopefully i will be in the upcoming spring issue once all of my stuff gets done and finished with my sponsors! I got 4-5 sponsors already and am doing something that i will be the first on the east coast with and 3rd in the US besides for the companies acars already haha, plus im getting the kit they dont even have on the market with boost raised up 2 bars haha *hint*...
uuuhhh Martin, 2 bars...

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Well just got back from the bmw dealer and did NOT test drive the M3. First the sales guy was a dick. Second he said that I have to be 21 to test drive the M3, because it is to powerful and I might get into a crash. Then my dad says he will drive it and the sales guy says ok, and goes to get the keys and says that the M3's they have are sold and he can't drive it. I am so pissed off .

Old 02-15-2005, 05:41 PM
My buddy who was at the oldest 20, possibly 19 got to test drive one. It was me, him, another friend and the salesman. The salesman let him get on it too--very nice ride.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by 04G35Coupe
Well just got back from the bmw dealer and did NOT test drive the M3. First the sales guy was a dick. Second he said that I have to be 21 to test drive the M3, because it is to powerful and I might get into a crash. Then my dad says he will drive it and the sales guy says ok, and goes to get the keys and says that the M3's they have are sold and he can't drive it. I am so pissed off .
Yeah...those BMW sales guy have some attitude, never did like working with them. BMW dealerships seems to hire similar personalities, oh well.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Test Drive M3

New 3 series is coming out next year; looks great. A little bigger; better ride and more power. As usual with BMW, the 4 door will come out first.

Fred

03 Coupe; 5AT; Diamond Graphite/Graphite;
Premium & Performance Packs, with Chrome OEM Wheels;
Partly Debadged; Aluminum Pedals; Z-Tube K & N Filter;
Fujitsubo Exhaust with Y Pipe

Old 02-15-2005, 07:15 PM
I am not a big fan of the new 3-series design. I like the power increase the 3-series recieved.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:09 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by neffster
uuuhhh Martin, 2 bars...

HAHA that's what im afraid off Neffy, dont worry though, we're both in the same boat Anyway the AA SC has been in numerous magazines, the 5.5 psi kit puts out 450 hp and 340 or so torque, the 6.5 psi kit is pushing out over 500 BHP and 450+ at the wheels and its reliable, check out www.e46psi.com

Old 02-15-2005, 08:21 PM
thats BS

i've test driven the M3 a few times, and had no problem, the sales guy even let me test drive both the 6MT and SMG.

the only one time was this BMW sales being an *** and wanted a 10k deposit before letting me test drive one. and he kept on trying to sell me the used demo they had.... but then my ex works at that dealership... maybe thats why lol

btw that reminded me a few years back when i went with my dad to check out the IS300. Lexus did not serve us at all. we were standing around for 30 minutes, and no one approached us. the dealership was quiet and empty at the time, sales were just playing solitare on their computer!

got pissed and walked over the mercedes next doors and the sales basically walked out to greet us.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Between a Boxster S and an M3, I would definitely pick the M3. Unless you need a drop top.

But you should seriously consider the C6 - I can guarantee you will have a lot more fun with it than either of those other cars. At least test drive it. You get a lot more car, and it'll cost you about $10k less out the door than an M3 or a Boxster S, while easily smoking both in acceleration AND handling.

Do you like to mod? Use the $10k you saved on the C6, and mod it. There are endless mod possibilities with a C6 (not so with an M3 or Boxster). $10k worth of mods to a C6, and you're in the low 11's easily, with some money left over for some suspension goodies (not that it needs much). $10k on a BMW or Porsche will barely buy you a decent exhaust and intake system

Something to think about.

Last edited by Z06ified; 02-15-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
slightly off topic.

the smeg heads at the local NISSAN dealership , I wont mention any names... ADMIRAL NISSAN. oh sorry was speaking out loud again. well its out there now !
anyways they refuse to let people test drive the 350z "since there is such a high demand" oh and whats the best price out the door you can do on the 350 " the sticker is the best price we can do, since they are in such high demand" . blow me and you can keep the car.

ppp

Old 02-16-2005, 01:00 AM
The c6 did cross my mind, but I am not a big fan of american muscle.
It would be nice to have a stock low-12s car.

I am telling u, reconsider the vette...it will change the way u think about a vette...

i hated the C5...but the C6 is soo refined in comparison..I can almost compare it to the 03-04 G in terms of interior quality and power, you just have to imagine..
I drove it and changed my mind from a G coupe to the C6...and now may be the Z06 which is going to be in the mid 11s and 3.5 s for 0-60 and as far as I know in the high 50s...something to think about.

Forget the M3 and boxster..they are nothing in comparison..I have test driven them, so letting u know..

cheers

Old 02-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Z06ified
Between a Boxster S and an M3, I would definitely pick the M3. Unless you need a drop top.

But you should seriously consider the C6 - I can guarantee you will have a lot more fun with it than either of those other cars. At least test drive it. You get a lot more car, and it'll cost you about $10k less out the door than an M3 or a Boxster S, while easily smoking both in acceleration AND handling.

Do you like to mod? Use the $10k you saved on the C6, and mod it. There are endless mod possibilities with a C6 (not so with an M3 or Boxster). $10k worth of mods to a C6, and you're in the low 11's easily, with some money left over for some suspension goodies (not that it needs much). $10k on a BMW or Porsche will barely buy you a decent exhaust and intake system

Something to think about.
i agree totally with the above. i owned a '01 c5 with a procharger and i never met a car on the road that could take me. that car was the most fun i ever had.... then i got married and lost her i am definitely purchasing another vette in a few years. i just hope they improved the overall quality... all the dealer visits were a pi$$ off! test drive one... and u'll understand the funfactor with one of those babies.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:40 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Wellll you guys are right and wrong! The C6 yes will beat the M3 and Boxter S bone stock in acceleration and handling but not by that much in comparison to the M3 guarenteed! Modding i know the C5/C6 can be modded alot more then an M3 and Boxter, but the M3 has came up in the world of modifying, dont believe me? Wait until you see my car in a month or two, yes it will be smoking C6's even modded and will be at supercar status guarenteed! BUT if you do what im doing to a Vette then hands down you will have one of the fastest cars ever

Old 02-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow, you have a lot of guarantees, don't you?

Originally Posted by iLLG35
The C6 yes will beat the M3 and Boxter S bone stock in acceleration and handling but not by that much in comparison to the M3 guarenteed!
The acceleration and handling differences are pretty substantial. I've raced M3's before in my '02 Z06 when it was stock, and it wasn't even close. The C6 is only slightly slower than the C5 Z06. The C6 doesn't handle quite as well as the C5 Z06, but that's almost entirely because of the tires.

We're talking about a mid 12's quarter mile car versus low to mid 13's car. A car that will pull 1G on the skidpad, versus low 0.90 G's. Nurburgring times sums up the performance differences very well: The best stock C6 time is 7:56, exactly matching the C5 Z06, the Porsche 996 Turbo, and the Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Stradale. The best E46 M3 (non CSL) time is 8:22. Not bad, but cars under 8 minutes are in a whole other league.

Modding i know the C5/C6 can be modded alot more then an M3 and Boxter, but the M3 has came up in the world of modifying, dont believe me?
The E36 M3, yes. The E46, NO. The E46 M3 has been in the states since 2001, and compare how many modification options, and ultimate power levels you can achieve to the C5 Z06, which was also introduced in 2001. Its not even a contest. Then compare aftermarket parts prices between the two cars - again, no contest. Look, the M3 is a nice car, but mod friendly it is NOT.

Wait until you see my car in a month or two, yes it will be smoking C6's even modded and will be at supercar status guarenteed!
I wish you luck with that endeavor. I hate to think how much money you are spending and will be spending to achieve that performance reliably out of an E46 M3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test driving an M3 tommorrow!!!