G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Installed my Carbon Fiber G-tube...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj Cyntex
Does the small red air filter change it's performance in any way?
Probably not much. FYI, This is may not meet emmision standards.. I think the hose is for positive crancase ventalation.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:15 PM
JWT Pop Charger & Z-Tube COMBO

what's everyone's opinion of the JWT Pop Charger & Z-Tube COMBO? Is the combo worth it? Or would I be better off with just the z tube?

Old 02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Topvega
what's everyone's opinion of the JWT Pop Charger & Z-Tube COMBO? Is the combo worth it? Or would I be better off with just the z tube?
Don't know for fact, but it sure sounds & feels like better performance above 4K. for me, I like it.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:37 PM
What's the different between z tube/ pop charger and cold air intake?

Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Is this something I can install myself? I've done a CAI, so this must be easy compared to that.

Old 02-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you pick your nose and flick it on a wall? Then yes you can put in the pop charger...

Old 02-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Have any of you guys that have installed a z tube/pop charger/cai had issues with your dealer trying to void your warranty? The dealer where I got mine seem to be hard azzes.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:12 AM
I've just installed a UR carbon tube in my G today and I have two questions.

I didn't have the small red filter but only a normal connection for the air hose as in the regular Z-tube. Is it a different model or did UR change the design of the tube?

After install (with Stillen CAI) I hear an annoying whistling/squealing sound at mid open throttle. It disappears at WOT. Anyone experienced it? Is it a matter of the CAI, the tube or some connection is not tight?

BTW, now the sound above 4500rpm is

Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie23
I didn't have the small red filter but only a normal connection for the air hose as in the regular Z-tube. Is it a different model or did UR change the design of the tube?
Can you post a pic? They might have changed it...I'm not sure.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Red Filter

Eddie,

I installed the Carbon Fiber intake tube this weekend as well. However, mine was shipped with the red filter. There are two versions of this tube (1) for G35 and (2) for 350z. I ordered the one specifically for G35. Im not sure which one you ordered though. I would just call them up, and they can ship it out to you if you did not get it.

The CF tube that was shipped to me did not have an opening for the hose to connect to. Therefore. I just slapped the red filter on the end of the hose.

As far as sound, I do not have a whistling sound. The CF tube is not as loud as my friends Z tube. It just looks cooler. It is loud after 4500 rpms and a little throatier in the beginning. As far as performance, I can feel a little more oomph down low.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:26 AM
I am considering one of these to put on my G.. However, i might not be interested in the Carbon Fiber anymore since it doesn't produce the nice whistling sound that i like to hear. BTW, where did you guys purchase this from? the cheapest i've seen it for was $130!

Eddie23, did you purchase the one for the Z or G35?

Old 03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
I installed the Carbon Fiber intake tube this weekend as well. However, mine was shipped with the red filter. There are two versions of this tube (1) for G35 and (2) for 350z. I ordered the one specifically for G35. Im not sure which one you ordered though.
I've got the tube for the G. I didnn't know at first if they differ but the guys at performance nissan parts asked me whether it should be the one for the Z or the one for the G. And I ordered the one for the G. It doesn't have the red filter but has an identical opening for the air hose as the stock Z-tube has.
Have the pictures on my laptop so I will post it in the afternoon (German afternoon )

However, i might not be interested in the Carbon Fiber anymore since it doesn't produce the nice whistling sound that i like to hear.
I have the whistling sound with my carbon tube but it's damn annoying especially that you can hear it only at a certain throttle position and after that (when you press the gass further) it dissapears. It's very high pitched. Hate it. Does any of you have such thing?

Old 03-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Loooks very nice if they had that out when i bought my z-tube i would have gotten this =(

Old 03-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I have the one specifically for the G on my car.

However, if you are interested in the one for the Z..I have that one too. I bought both for some reason. I got the Z one from Grubbs, and they won't let me return it. So if you are interested in the one for the Z, I can sell it for $120 shipped. It comes with the tube, red breather filter, and 2 attachment rubber units.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like I may have been sent the one for the Z, as mine came with the little red breather filter. I never really noticed any significant change in drivability when I stuck one of these crankcase breather filters on my '97 Mitsu. GSX, but is there anything to worry about with the G, in terms of drivability with the breaher filter? Doesn't seem like it, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed my Carbon Fiber G-tube...