G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OEM Nav Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OEM Nav Install

Hello everyone. I have a 2007 coupe with every option except for nav and RAS and I really want to install a factory navigation unit. I know this topic has been talked about many times about how expensive it is and that there are better units for cheaper but being as though are cars being older im sure that wrecked ones are becoming easier to come by. So my question is wouldnt it be simple/functional/and inexpensive to take the navigation system out of a wrecked g coupe and install it into mine? So far I know I would need the head unit,wiring harness, center dash console, and the piece that takes up my second glovebox. Thanks in advanced guys.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Its almost not worth it go to the OEM Nav route, because you will spend about the same amount of money (or more) vs a newer Double-Din DVD/Nav Touch screen.

You can find the OEM Nav/Radio unit on Ebay for around $350. (I found one at that price when mine went out). Install was another $350 at the Infiniti dealer. But you would need to source the Nav DVD player that goes on the top glove box and have that installed. I don't know how much that costs, but I would Imagine another $400-700 depending where you get it.

When I went to Bestbuy to look at Double-Din Decks, you can find some for $300 for the unit itself. They were going to charge me about $550 for the install, so overall a Total of $850 for a basic (JVC or Sony) DD unit with a modern Nav and bluetooth.

Its up to you though, and its you money and your car. I already have the factory Nav unit that came with the car so I only really had to replace the screen that didn't work on mine. I spent about $700 to get everything in factory working condition, vs about $850 (or more) if you want an aftermarket DVD/Nav system. But remember that the OEM Nav is outdated and does not have Bluetooth/Touchscreen/DVD functionality.

So for the money, value, and functionality, you are better off going with an aftermarket unit IMO.

Last edited by Justice06RR; 12-26-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
Its almost not worth it go to the OEM Nav route, because you will spend about the same amount of money (or more) vs a newer Double-Din DVD/Nav Touch screen.

You can find the OEM Nav/Radio unit on Ebay for around $350. (I found one at that price when mine went out). Install was another $350 at the Infiniti dealer. But you would need to source the Nav DVD player that goes on the top glove box and have that installed. I don't know how much that costs, but I would Imagine another $400-700 depending where you get it.

When I went to Bestbuy to look at Double-Din Decks, you can find some for $300 for the unit itself. They were going to charge me about $550 for the install, so overall a Total of $850 for a basic (JVC or Sony) DD unit with a modern Nav and bluetooth.

Its up to you though, and its you money and your car. I already have the factory Nav unit that came with the car so I only really had to replace the screen that didn't work on mine. I spent about $700 to get everything in factory working condition, vs about $850 (or more) if you want an aftermarket DVD/Nav system. But remember that the OEM Nav is outdated and does not have Bluetooth/Touchscreen/DVD functionality.

So for the money, value, and functionality, you are better off going with an aftermarket unit IMO.
Thanks im actually thinking of trying a different route that another member showed me. The installation alone of wire harness for nav unit is more intense than I want to do. Lol

Old 12-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Or you can do what i did. I pretty much mounted my nexus 7 tablet on my dash cubby holder. I also got me a bluetooth odb scanner and the torque app to make a "Driver Info Center" to show my MPGs, digital speedometer, coolant temp, fuel remaining, etc. I bought a pac aux interface and use my tablet for music streaming with spotify and pandora. I also have 32gb of music and movie storage ( if needed for long trips for passenger). Total= 300 if you buy everything new. Used, cost me 125 total. Heres an pic, if you want info, pm me.