G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pre Turbo Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pre Turbo Installation

I have a 2005 G35 coupe 6 speed manual.

I am looking into doing performance upgrades on my new G35 including a twin turbo kit, aftermarket coil over suspension kit, aftermarket break system, ect. But I do not want to install the kit then a month later fry my engine. So I am wanting advise on what internal engine upgrades I should do to my engine. I am only 22 and still learning my way around and through the engine, so i am seeking on advise on what I should do in order me to do what I want to.

So if i could get a list of parts and any advice for adding twin turbos and what brand of turbo I should consider buying, I would greatly appreciate it. This is my hobby and I really want to do this, and the first step is learning the parts I need and what it is going to cost me, then the next step is figuring out how I can afford it.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:51 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up Use the search engine

Hello, use the search engine for build threads or progression threads. Their are a lot of guys on this forum with FI (forced induction) builds and they have posted their build list, how to's and don'ts. As far as suspension, their are a lot of manufacturers to choose from depending on your use. Always remember, speed cost money. How fast do you want to spend. Good luck with your build.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Going FI is not cheap... and if you're wondering what its going to cost you for all this, you probably wont even be able to afford it. You really cant cheap out when you go FI.. especially twins. You'll be looking at roughly 10k+ for all your parts depending if you purchase them used or new. Also, if you're going for twins and you'll be running past 5 psi and 350+ to the wheels, than you're definitely going to be needing to have forged internals which is going to cost you even more money and more time. Good luck

Old 04-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I am currently working toward the same goals. For internals my understanding is the primary upgrade is the connecting rods you will want to go with a good forged H or I beam style rod. Depending on how much HP you want low compression pistons would also be a good idea either 8.5:1 or 9.5:1 depending on psi. The rest of the block is pretty staught and would only need replacing for 550+ whp.

To get you start what I have focused on is exhaust I have hks cat back and berk test pipes. I will not be doing the headers given they will change with the turbos. I also am getting a kinetix racing intake manifold. There is really no need to change out the rest of the intake as it will also change with the turbos.

For suspension tein is popular, I am thinking BC racing but I would look for specs more than brand aka 9k/10k or whatever your preference is.

Most important things I can tell you are always work toward your goal (don't buy stuff you will take off later), do your research it is always cheaper to get it right the first time.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
To go twin turbo, your looking at 20k easily. Unless you can do all the work yourself, then it will be about 1/2 that.