G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I'm Getting My Car Soon!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm Getting My Car Soon!!!

Hey yall, i just made a purchase on my car. 2005 6MT Black on Stone with Premium and Aero Kit with Spoiler. They didnt have the one i wanted at the dealer, but they did find one in Vermont. They found one with XM radio, but i didn't want it. I got the Clear Bra for free so i'm concerned about paying extra for satelite radio.So it should be here around Wednesday. I'm so happy! I'll post pictures as soon as i get a hold of a digi cam. Those who have the 2005 6MT's, please tell me how you like it.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on your soon to arrive G. You're in for a treat.

Sat - Radio isn't an expensive option, if I were you I'd take it just to get the car I wanted. I believe that 2 months of free Sat usage is included in your purchace, and who knows you may like it.

C.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by DeStreGa5
Hey yall, i just made a purchase on my car. 2005 6MT Black on Stone with Premium and Aero Kit with Spoiler. They didnt have the one i wanted at the dealer, but they did find one in Vermont. They found one with XM radio, but i didn't want it. I got the Clear Bra for free so i'm concerned about paying extra for satelite radio.So it should be here around Wednesday. I'm so happy! I'll post pictures as soon as i get a hold of a digi cam. Those who have the 2005 6MT's, please tell me how you like it.

i just drove mine home from the dealer (and posted some pics about 5 minutes ago)... this is a fantastic car... i drove it almost two hours to my house (no local dealer, only regional) along interstates and back roads...

initial impressions:
--the best "lines" of any coupe anywhere near this class of auto
--interior very nice; i'm not going to niggle about level of "finish" vs. a lexus, acura, audi, etc.; bottom line, layout is very pleasing to the eye and logically arranged
--so far, the Bose stereo is more than adequate for my needs; lots of complaints on this forum re: the sound system; after cycling through various CDs in my collection i feel it's definitely better than the Bose Symphony in the 03 Audi A4 that i just traded in (much better bass and highs)
--the dual climate control is nifty; worked efficiently w/o intrusive fan noise
--the gearbox is quite good; it will take a few days for me to make it work as my A4's did, but from the get-go, the shifter action already seems relatively tighter and more direct than the Audi's (classically characterized as "rubbery"); the only thing that made me furrow my brow a bit was a "hang up" of the shifter a few times when i'd go into 5th gear; it's as if the gate has a small overhang and the shifter rod is getting hung up before it slips in place; we'll see if this lasts; the clutch take-up and effort is fine; i'll need a few spins around town before i'm ultrasmooth on my launches...
--i love the ride; i do hear the tires if the road has imperfections, but i did not find it to be intrusive or distracting; the quality of the ride is firm, but NOT at all harsh (my honda s2000, now THAT was harsh)
--i did not get navi, so can't comment on that...

all in all, this is probably the happiest i've been with a car right off the bat, and i've driven/owned quite a few... enjoy, my friend

Old 02-19-2005, 06:59 PM
ya i think its either 2 or 3 months i forgot. but its better getting the clear bra for freen than the XM radio. Clear Bra is $700 and the XM is $400.

BTW, they have 3 new M's at my dealer to test drive but not for sale. they're so nice and my salesman said i could test drive it, but i was too scared too. such a nice car though.

Last edited by DeStreGa5; 02-20-2005 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:30 AM
well they got my car late. monday to be exact, instead of last wednesday. i was in the hospital since last tuesday and i got out this wednesday so it doesn't really matter that they got it late. anyways, i went yesterday to go see my car and to practice manual a little. man this car is awesome and i love it. i'm leaving it there till saturday so they can tint it. i took some pics with my regular cam and the roll didn't finish. i didn't want to take all the pics inside the Infiniti garage because the lighting wasn't so great, so i'm gonna wait till saturday to finish taking the pics and develop them. i'll try to get a digi cam on saturday as well and make my car domain site.

if anyone can, help me find a diy for changing out the clearance light bulbs, fog light bulbs, and clear corners. (or if the clear corners come with good instructions, please say so) i'm thinking of buying the clear corners and Stillen license plate bracket from Performance Nissan Parts. - feedback on these parts and this site would be great.

Thanks For The Great Site!

P.S. - I suck at using the Search feature.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
i ordered my K&N filter and Stillen license plate bracket from Performance Nissan Parts (www.performancenissanparts.com) and had no issues whatsoever. great site and speedy delivery! i highly recommend them. i've also head good things about Grubbs Infiniti - www.grubbsinfiniti.com.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:41 AM
how long did it take for the delivery? i also see that you have clear corners. where do you get them from and do they come with good instructions?

Old 03-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I love my 6MT, but it is a garage king. Had it since September 2003 ('04 model), but only driven it 4500 miles...........yeh, I know

Old 03-05-2005, 10:44 AM
man i cant wait to get my G but trying to find one down here in Mississippi is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!!! hopefully soon.....