G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

"I don't have time to change my oil" - STAHP IT.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah... That's a great deal... I'm bringing my own oil but still..

Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Me for an easy example, my dealership comes to my office, picks my car up, leaves a loaner, does all maintenance (more than just oil change btw) and hand washes/detail/waxes, then delivers it back to me at a time and location of my choice. I get it all done without ever stepping foot out of my office.
Does your dealership serve you lemonade while you take a ****, and wipe your *** for you afterward as well?

Sounds like a good deal, where do I sign up?

Old 05-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
It takes me about 20-30 min to change mine, mostly because I like to let it drip for about 15 min. Yes the filter is a pain, it drips all over you (my Frontier is worse), but the money you save and you get a quick look under the car to see if anything is loose or amiss.

I flat out ASTOUNDS me how many young men don't even know how to check the oil in their cars! (we'll leave the BMW ****** out of this as some of there engines are sealed)

My second care was a Fiat 850 spider and my forth was an MGB and BOTH of them had how to lubricate, adjust and do most maintenance on the cars IN THE OWNERS MANUAL! You were EXPECTED to be able to work on your car when you bought it.

Now most women and a LOT of men don't even know where to add a quart. Thank God I raised a Country Girl that changes her own oil, does her own brakes and takes care of her car.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by dEnbOy.GFM
Does your dealership serve you lemonade while you take a ****, and wipe your *** for you afterward as well?

Sounds like a good deal, where do I sign up?
They might if I ask.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
What if its a smart for two? That's almost a disability. Haha

Can I prepare everything first? Or do I have to start when I start breaking out the tools?

I.e. can I lay out all the tools before I start the clock?
Yes you can prep everything. But the time spent prepping still counts. It is part of the process.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Well that means my current oil change has taken me 8 months and counting since I haven't disposed of the oil yet.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Well that means my current oil change has taken me 8 months and counting since I haven't disposed of the oil yet.
That is much longer than 5 minutes.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:09 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonlex99
Royal purple oil and oil filter. And $15 to my friend at his shop. $15 well worth not not messing with oil or the clean up... Now I changed my upper control arm a few days back. Did it my self. Thought that the price I was quoted was a bit on the high side. Stopped by the store picked up a 12 pack and got some quality time with my 4 year old son in the garage... Good old times... So to your poin. Most folks here can change oil, but most choose not to. Oil is messy...
Your 4 year old drinks beer,

Old 05-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I don`t have the tools, skill sets, or desire. I go to Canadian Tire or Cosco, buy oil and filter and drop my G off at my dealer. I trust them and they have the know how. I drink a good latte, read or watch the news, maybe look at the new or used cars, pay for their expertise and say thinks and leave. The service manager has always treated my very well, give the car a wash and vacuum. Remembers to dry the car. I have no complaints. Not everyone want to change their oil. I don`t feel less than a Man because of it. To each their own.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Let's not simplify things here too much. Takes me 5 mins just to roll out the jack and jackstands to lift the car up.

Plus ever do an oil change outside when it's 5 degrees out? I couldn't do it in 5 mins if i wanted to then!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadianBird
I don`t have the tools, skill sets, or desire. I go to Canadian Tire or Cosco, buy oil and filter and drop my G off at my dealer. I trust them and they have the know how. I drink a good latte, read or watch the news, maybe look at the new or used cars, pay for their expertise and say thinks and leave. The service manager has always treated my very well, give the car a wash and vacuum. Remembers to dry the car. I have no complaints. Not everyone want to change their oil. I don`t feel less than a Man because of it. To each their own.
Exactly.

Everyone is free to do it or not if they choose to. Judging or looking down on someone just because they don't change their own oil or not is unnecessary.

Sure it saves you money and it's good for you to do your own maintenance. But if someone gets their maintenance done properly and routinely at the dealer, there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Let's not simplify things here too much. Takes me 5 mins just to roll out the jack and jackstands to lift the car up.

Plus ever do an oil change outside when it's 5 degrees out? I couldn't do it in 5 mins if i wanted to then!
+1. I hate doing oil changes in the summer or winter (extreme temps). I'd rather pay someone $10 to do it.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by cpufreak3
+1. I hate doing oil changes in the summer or winter (extreme temps). I'd rather pay someone $10 to do it.
Same here with regard to hating winter oil changes. I still do them myself but it's a pain in the *** trying to get a nice weather weekend where I can actually even do it. Half the time the driveway is full of ice and I cant get my vehicle on the ramps or its just too damn cold out and you lose feeling in your hands trying to work out there and end up with a headache from laying on the cold ground too long. Then in the hottest times of the summer you sweat like a pig and mosquitoes and biting flies feast on you while you're working on it while also trying not to get sunburned.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadianBird
Your 4 year old drinks beer,
No! juice for the little one...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "I don't have time to change my oil" - STAHP IT.