G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

04 g35 coupe 18 inch oem rear wheels don't fit with out spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 g35 coupe 18 inch oem rear wheels don't fit with out spacers

hey need some info i have 04 g35 cuope and i took it to the shop today to remove the spacers that were on the car from the previous owner the front came off fine but when he took the rears off the the center hub thing was to big and wouldn't let the rim go on. The tire guy told me the rim is maybe from a older model but i told him they should still fit. anybody know what the problem could be. only way i can use the rear rims are with spacers.

Last edited by ajigga; 05-28-2015 at 01:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Picture of rims??

For OEM rims to not fit makes me wonder if they are OEM. They could be OEM off another Nissan product

Old 05-28-2015, 11:40 AM
this is blowing my mind these have to be oem wheels. I think the previous owner changed the rear hub. That's all I can think of that happend.

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Picture of rims??

For OEM rims to not fit makes me wonder if they are OEM. They could be OEM off another Nissan product

Old 05-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by ajigga
this is blowing my mind these have to be oem wheels. I think the previous owner changed the rear hub. That's all I can think of that happend.

Those are def OEM wheels.

I'm going to guess that the original owner added spacers to push the wheels out. In the back, he added hub rings to the OEM rims to fit on the hub-centric spacer. Since you are removing the spacers, you would need to also remove the hub ring installed in the OEM rims.

This is all a gyuess however. Would need to take wheel off and have a peek at what is going on to verify.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 05-28-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:35 PM
These are hub rings. They install on the inside of the OEM rim and are used when sliding onto hubs that are slightl undersized....like a spacer.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Good subjection... Dude those wheels seen better days....

Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
These are hub rings. They install on the inside of the OEM rim and are used when sliding onto hubs that are slightl undersized....like a spacer.

Hey thanks it could be that but if I recall I remember not seen a black or plastic ring around the hub on the rim just metal on the hub of the rim. But on Saturday or Sunday I might take the rim off again and check it again. If anything I'll snap some pics and show u what I'm talking about thanks again!!

Old 05-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Take pics of everything. back of rim, hub of axle shaft, rotors, brakes, etc etc.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Measure the hub.

There is a visual inspection that is pretty accurate.

It it's not 66.1mm, it is not stock. Check for the hub ring.

They do make spacers that convert from one size to another. Those look like stock OEM wheels, so they should be 66.1mm.

Not sure why someone would change the rear hubs, and then have to go with a "two size" adapter spacer to make it work...

And those wheels need help. Mine are pretty rough, but at least they are clean.

Also, car looks better with the spacers on, so why are you removing them anyway? Even better, why take it to a shop to remove them? Buy a floor jack, and with a tire iron(that comes with the car) is the only tool you need. You could have bought a cheap floor jack with what the shop charged you to take the spacers off.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Measure the hub.

There is a visual inspection that is pretty accurate.

It it's not 66.1mm, it is not stock. Check for the hub ring.

They do make spacers that convert from one size to another. Those look like stock OEM wheels, so they should be 66.1mm.

Not sure why someone would change the rear hubs, and then have to go with a "two size" adapter spacer to make it work...

And those wheels need help. Mine are pretty rough, but at least they are clean.

Also, car looks better with the spacers on, so why are you removing them anyway? Even better, why take it to a shop to remove them? Buy a floor jack, and with a tire iron(that comes with the car) is the only tool you need. You could have bought a cheap floor jack with what the shop charged you to take the spacers off.
Thanks for the info I will take them off this weekend and see what size the hub are I don't know why somebody would change the hubs maybe they wanted some rims to fit who knows. I love the way they looked with the spacers but I just don't think it's safe for some reason and the lugs that the last owner put on were aluminum and striped the stud. But I think I'm just gonna leave the rears on. And ur right about the DIY but I was doing the front brakes anyways. Yea rims got really dirty cuz I used some 10wd40 to remove old plasit dip from the rims I think the old owner hit to many curbs because of the rims sticking out from the the spacers cuz the are all scuffed up thanks for the info I'll keep u guys posted