G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How can I repair this scratch?

  #1  
Old 06-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How can I repair this scratch?



So I scratched getting out of my driveway and i see this. I'm pretty sure it went through the paint. Is there any way to get it looking back to normal.
 
  #2  
Old 06-17-2015, 09:36 PM
DigitalDeviant's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 787
Received 103 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylerttn View Post


So I scratched getting out of my driveway and i see this. I'm pretty sure it went through the paint. Is there any way to get it looking back to normal.
That's the urethane showing. Take it to a shop and have them fix it or attempt it yourself and get color matching touch up paint from the dealer
 
  #3  
Old 06-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant View Post
That's the urethane showing. Take it to a shop and have them fix it or attempt it yourself and get color matching touch up paint from the dealer
Thanks for you help!
 
  #4  
Old 06-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 295
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylerttn View Post


So I scratched getting out of my driveway and i see this. I'm pretty sure it went through the paint. Is there any way to get it looking back to normal.
It looks like the front of the car hard to tell, put a lip on that baby and cover it up, or just sand the scratch a little and touch it up, in a few days you will learn to live with it. If it is the back, consider putting the stock mud guards and cover it up, or just touch it up and don't look at it when you walk by.
 
  #5  
Old 06-17-2015, 09:55 PM
tha_ape's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 154
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 6MT Coupe
Touch up paint.

Seriously, I'm **** about my car and that kind of thing... just happens.
 
  #6  
Old 06-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wuzz-upp View Post
It looks like the front of the car hard to tell, put a lip on that baby and cover it up, or just sand the scratch a little and touch it up, in a few days you will learn to live with it. If it is the back, consider putting the stock mud guards and cover it up, or just touch it up and don't look at it when you walk by.
It's in the front. I'll probably just touch it up. Do you think it is worth going to a body shop?
 
  #7  
Old 06-17-2015, 11:47 PM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,803
Likes: 0
Received 713 Likes on 606 Posts
Plastikote makes great touch up kits and it comes with all coats and tools for like $20. My IP (3 stage) kit has helped me fix a few bad scratches and it looks great.
 
  #8  
Old 06-18-2015, 12:01 AM
gary c's Avatar
SLICK
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 19,381
Received 1,099 Likes on 979 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
Plastikote makes great touch up kits and it comes with all coats and tools for like $20. My IP (3 stage) kit has helped me fix a few bad scratches and it looks great.
Or you could go to the dealership and buy some touch up paint which will come very, very close to matching your paint. Body shop might charge you God know what for that little scratch, touch up paint should get 'er done!
Gary
 
  #9  
Old 06-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
Or you could go to the dealership and buy some touch up paint which will come very, very close to matching your paint. Body shop might charge you God know what for that little scratch, touch up paint should get 'er done!
Gary
Thanks Ima go to the dealership this weekend and buy some touch up.
 
  #10  
Old 06-18-2015, 02:16 AM
SimplyMatt's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like everyone else said. just clean up the area and get it smooth and throw some touch up on it. automotivetouchup has a good color match if you decide not to go thru the dealer.
 
  #11  
Old 06-18-2015, 09:01 AM
WhosUrBuddiee's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Neverland
Posts: 14,494
Received 986 Likes on 721 Posts
That cant be fixed.

Either cover it with touch up paint or repaint it.
 
  #12  
Old 06-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
Or you could go to the dealership and buy some touch up paint which will come very, very close to matching your paint. Body shop might charge you God know what for that little scratch, touch up paint should get 'er done!
Gary
Hey Gary by any chance do you know where to get an oem sport bumper because I can never seem to find one.
 
  #13  
Old 06-19-2015, 12:56 PM
gary c's Avatar
SLICK
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 19,381
Received 1,099 Likes on 979 Posts
Boneyard Search!

Originally Posted by Tylerttn View Post
Hey Gary by any chance do you know where to get an oem sport bumper because I can never seem to find one.
I helped my son-in-law find a drivers side mirror for his '04 sedan at our local Nissan/Infiniti wrecking yard. (boneyard) Visit your Infiniti dealership parts department and get a part number and then contact your local boneyard, you'll have the information for them to find the bumper you're looking for. If they don't have it, there's a nation wide website where they can locate one.
Gary
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Marlin84
Wheels & Tires
33
05-24-2019 12:55 PM
davizzle
Media Share G35 Coupe V35
18
12-13-2015 12:47 PM
BfloG35
Audio/Video/Electronics
2
10-16-2015 05:22 PM
dcsbh1
Brakes & Suspension
0
10-01-2015 03:15 PM
vQFamily
The G-Spot
3
09-30-2015 01:17 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How can I repair this scratch?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: