G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just Sold My G, Audi Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Went from a g coupe to a b8.5 s4 and never been more happy. I was the complete opposite. I had several issues with the g and so far none with the Audi. If you are worried about reliability and maintenance costs look into cpo and audi care well worth the piece of mind. Also roam around audizine that forum helped me a ton.

The following 2 users liked this post by DG_coupe:
BAAG35 (06-26-2015), WhosUrBuddiee (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 12:57 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
wut
Haha yuuuup

Old 06-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
I've have an Audi S5 and the G35.

Quick comparison:

2010 Audi S5, 354 hp 4.2L V8 with Quattro and Prestige package.
S5 has better traction, seats, interior, paint, styling, wheels, engine sound, transmission, sound system, handling, power, brakes, exhaust, gauges, navigation, shifter, paddle shifters, headlights, tail lights, HVAC system, engine bay looks/layout, sunroof size, features, key less start, and pretty much everything about the car is better than the G35. Even the trunk will open up all the way, not just a crack when you hit the button. A thousand more compliments, comments, and looks compared to the G35. Even the Nappa Silk leather on the seats, made by Recaro, is much better quality and feel.. and no rip on the drivers seat like almost every G (that hasn't been repaired).

Test drove an A5, A4, and even an S4, and they didn't do anything for me. I'm a sport coupe guy. You should test drive an S5 before you make a decision.

Downside, gets a little less average mpg (21 compared to 23 in my G) and costs about 3 times as much as the G, so it should be a lot better at everything. Parts are high, service is high, reliability is lower than the G. Even a steering wheel for the S5 is a couple thousand dollars. It's ridiculous.

V8 sounds great, but the supercharged V6 S5s is much more mod friendly and can put out over 400 awhp with a stage 2 tune, pulley, and CAI.

I like the TT, but seems a little too small. The new TTS looks nice, though, just wish it was a tad bigger.

Take a look at a Cayman S, they are awesome as well.

I love the G though. It's nice to have a spare car and I don't get as mad when I take a rock to the windshield driving down our busted interstates.

Last edited by Hatchman; 06-26-2015 at 09:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BAAG35 (06-27-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman
I like the TT, but seems a little too small. The new TTS looks nice, though, just wish it was a tad bigger.

Take a look at a Cayenne S, they are awesome as well.

I love the G though. It's nice to have a spare car and I don't get as mad when I take a rock to the windshield driving down our busted interstates.
The main problem with the TTS is that you are required to turn in your man card to buy one. The TT requires the Catelyn Jenner surgery prior to ownership.

The Cayenne is a SUV, btw.

I defiantly agree with having a beater. Takes alot of hassle from DDing a performance car and makes you appreciate it more.

The following users liked this post:
DG_coupe (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
No more Nissan products and no Audi's, looking for a '14 Corvette Z06 with less than 5K miles and the right color. Then I'll sell SLICK with her extra OE parts (trunklid/grille/cats) if I can find someone qualified...Gary

Old 06-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
The main problem with the TTS is that you are required to turn in your man card to buy one. The TT requires the Catelyn Jenner surgery prior to ownership.

The Cayenne is a SUV, btw.

I defiantly agree with having a beater. Takes alot of hassle from DDing a performance car and makes you appreciate it more.
Sorry, meant to say Cayman S, I'll have another coffee. Thanks for the catch!

TTS is a go kart, but it's just too small. My wife really likes it, which reinforces the "girl car" persona.

Agree, after DDing the G, though it is nice for a ten year old car, the Audi has the "wow" factor when I get around to driving it, which is about once or twice a month.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
No more Nissan products and no Audi's, looking for a '14 Corvette Z06 with less than 5K miles and the right color. Then I'll sell SLICK with her extra OE parts (trunklid/grille/cats) if I can find someone qualified...Gary
Don't forget to shave your head bald, get some muscle shirts and tank tops, and an obnoxiously thick gold necklace.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Don't forget to shave your head bald, get some muscle shirts and tank tops, and an obnoxiously thick gold necklace.
Hatchman, what a comedian! I already drive a Vette which belongs to my wife, haven't noticed her head being shaved although she does wear gold frequently!
Gary

Old 06-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Im leaning toward a supercharged s5 as my next car, with the rs5 body mods, damn that bitch is sexy!!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Hatchman, what a comedian! I already drive a Vette which belongs to my wife, haven't noticed her head being shaved although she does wear gold frequently!
Gary
I actually prefer my women hairless.... below the neck anyway.

I do like the look of the new Stingrays. And they should bring the price of the older model down. Good time to buy.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Reconsidered, we can't have two, two seat'er cars! So my wife will have to trade her Vette in for a newer model and I'll have to continue to hear, "Beautiful Car" every where I drive SLICK.
Gary

Old 07-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPI Results

Welp, I just received the pre-purchase inspection for the TTS and have to walk away. For a dealer maintained car that is still under warranty, it is in terrible condition. Too bad as I really wanted the car.
To top it off, the seller wants me to give him the PPI report (that I paid for) for free. I can understand him wanting to see what the issues are but he isn't willing to reimburse me for the information.
The seller of the TTS did not have any documents so (for my own peace of mind) I did all of the legwork, sourced & paid for all maintenance records, PPI & Carfax reports.
Am I crazy or shouldn't it be the seller's responsibility to provide all maintenance records, PPI & Carfax reports? This is what I have done in the past and I know the buyer appreciates it.
My time & $250 +/- later, I guess it could have been worse - I could have actually bought a money pit.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
G for life bruh

Old 07-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I was close to getting an S5 but wow that motor does not make decent enough power for my tastes lol
yeah they v8/V6T's only only make about 330 which is pretty much the same as a G37..

Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Rattpack boi
yeah they v8/V6T's only only make about 330 which is pretty much the same as a G37..
It's just a matter of chipping the S5 and it will walk the 37s all day long with ease.
On my way back on the I5 it was me and my g37 friend who has some minor mods. An S5 appeared from no where and I gave my friend the heads up to go and take him. Normally on the quarter he has no problem but this guy walked him with ease. So don't underestimate them so much. My friends 37 is also no joke too. He himself has the basic bolt one and a tune

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Sold My G, Audi Anyone?