G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

need help with gtr kit, left with a gap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 04:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Great words, man. Absolutely right. Have goals, work hard, fukc **** up.
Damn right man. Nothing is impossible to a willing mind. And beautiful car by the way.

The following users liked this post:
titolucas2010 (11-25-2015)
Old 11-24-2015, 06:35 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by davewes
Damn right man. Nothing is impossible to a willing mind. And beautiful car by the way.
Thank you; you too. It's all about that subtle touch.

As far as the comments (no dig here to you super aftermarket guys) about my car looking stock; that's the point. It's about that common G35 owner wondering 'why does that guys car look like mine..but better?'

I know my car looks fairly stock , but that secret touch is why it looks so clean. There's a lot of work that goes into making a clean look. For instance, my car is an 04, so the headlights and bumper are automatically not what it came with.

Tint is a HUGE improvement as well. The grill is new (chrome - not the common aftermarket black) so it doesn't look beat up. I've got a modest drop, with sport suspension upgrade and all spacers, bushings and camber kits to flush everything properly.

All in all, the point was to make it look like the car we all wanted from the factory, but simply wasn't offered due to laws, cost cuts, bad engineering and/or demographics.

OEM+ for the win. Haha

Frankieg35 (12-04-2015)
Old 11-24-2015, 06:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As far as the comments (no dig here to you super aftermarket guys) about my car looking stock; that's the point. It's about that common G35 owner wondering 'why does that guys car look like mine..but better?'

I know my car looks fairly stock , but that secret touch is why it looks so clean. There's a lot of work that goes into making a clean look. For instance, my car is an 04, so the headlights and bumper are automatically not what it came with.

Tint is a HUGE improvement as well. The grill is new (chrome - not the common aftermarket black) so it doesn't look beat up. I've got a modest drop, with sport suspension upgrade and all spacers, bushings and camber kits to flush everything properly.

All in all, the point was to make it look like the car we all wanted from the factory, but simply wasn't offered due to laws, cost cuts, bad engineering and/or demographics.

OEM+ for the win. Haha
Thanks man. I can't take any credit for it unfortunately. I bought it like that. It's what attracted me to the car. Went to look at a 5 series and walked away with a G35. Go figure right lol.

But back on topic. You're 100% right. OEM+ is that little bit of extra that turns heads and makes people say, "Damn, Why didn't the car come like that?" On a luxury car, subtle beats ostentatious any day of the week in my book. I rather have AMG then Mansory if that makes sense. Before the G, I had a 350Z I managed to wreck in spectacular fashion. My goals for that car appearance wise were much more aggressive than what I will do with the G in the future. The only appearance mod, besides tint, I'm going to do will be to add a HikkataDori trunk. I've got a thing for blended duck tails lol.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:02 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by davewes
Thanks man. I can't take any credit for it unfortunately. I bought it like that. It's what attracted me to the car. Went to look at a 5 series and walked away with a G35. Go figure right lol.

But back on topic. You're 100% right. OEM+ is that little bit of extra that turns heads and makes people say, "Damn, Why didn't the car come like that?" On a luxury car, subtle beats ostentatious any day of the week in my book. I rather have AMG then Mansory if that makes sense. Before the G, I had a 350Z I managed to wreck in spectacular fashion. My goals for that car appearance wise were much more aggressive than what I will do with the G in the future. The only appearance mod, besides tint, I'm going to do will be to add a HikkataDori trunk. I've got a thing for blended duck tails lol.
That's funny, I literally drove off the freeway one day after seeing a 95 c4 Corvette parked in a used car lot. I literally went to buy the vette based on getting excited by the sight of it from the freeway..then the G was parked next to it and I just..I just knew. Hahhaa, then I married it and had sex with it and we bought a house together. So gay.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by titolucas2010
Well I like it like this and since it's my car I guess it's fine right?
Everytime I see that rear bumper lolll

Old 11-24-2015, 08:05 AM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
damn u paid 800$ for lights? why not just get a retrofit with some sick *** projectors?

I thought the same. I did my retrofit for like 100.00 bucks lol #hobolife

Old 11-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
painted stock calipers doe

Old 11-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's true too. Slowly but surely.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:57 PM
JerseyTaylor , I looked at others and that was the best rear bumper in my opinion that would go with the front.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Chargespeed rear
/debate

Old 11-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by titolucas2010
JerseyTaylor , I looked at others and that was the best rear bumper in my opinion that would go with the front.
odd. i would think a gtr rear would go best with a gtr front

Old 11-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
need help with gtr kit, left with a gap

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
odd. i would think a gtr rear would go best with a gtr front
how about the whole GTR? Instead of just piecing it out

Old 11-24-2015, 11:11 PM

It looks straight to me

Old 11-25-2015, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,022 Likes on 939 Posts
Painter did a great job the OB matches up well.

titolucas2010 (11-25-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

OEM+ for the win. Haha
Clean car SR. Throw on some Skyline emblems on there and you're golden!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need help with gtr kit, left with a gap