G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hit a WALL of WATER!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:04 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face Hit a WALL of WATER!

Going home and I see this VAN in front of me slowing down...well I start to slow down and too late...i hit a big wall of water (so-cal flood) as high as the top of my front bumper. My girlfriend who was behind me saw this huge splash up (higher than the car) and me bulldoze right through it. Totally freaked me out but the car didn't stutter or lose traction. Got home, checked out the engine bay and saw that it was dry. Also checked to see if there were damages and saw none. What a car!

Old 02-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i HATE all the rain these days! just saw another flash flood warning on TV. i havent washed my car in a week (a record), my friends are totally stunned

Old 02-23-2005, 02:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kyosho
i HATE all the rain these days! just saw another flash flood warning on TV. i havent washed my car in a week (a record), my friends are totally stunned
well someone has to clean the roads

Old 02-23-2005, 03:35 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
must sucks to live in so cal. traffic with flooded freeways..

nice and sunny in nor cal today

Old 02-23-2005, 03:41 AM
hahaha im laughin cause its actually sunny in rainy vancouver rite now and im hearin about all this rain in cali :P

Old 02-23-2005, 10:18 AM
wow someone is in Vancouver too!!! Gotta love the weather right now in rainy vancouver

Old 02-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by EZZ
Going home and I see this VAN in front of me slowing down...well I start to slow down and too late...i hit a big wall of water (so-cal flood) as high as the top of my front bumper. My girlfriend who was behind me saw this huge splash up (higher than the car) and me bulldoze right through it. Totally freaked me out but the car didn't stutter or lose traction. Got home, checked out the engine bay and saw that it was dry. Also checked to see if there were damages and saw none. What a car!
wow, im surprised that your air filter didnt get soaked!

Old 02-23-2005, 11:29 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35R1
wow, im surprised that your air filter didnt get soaked!
Me too. I think I hit it hard enough so that the water splashed away from the car and it was right next to the beginning of an uphill so as soon as the water splashed away, I was climbing above the water. Nonetheless, I got lucky...the car worked like a charm this morning.

BTW, what will happen if the air filter gets wet? (hydrolock?). Does anyone know a G with hydrolock on stock intake?

Old 02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
If you had a CAI you'd be a goner for sure!

Old 02-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm beginning to think that I don't live in the desert anymore. Here in Vegas we have surpassed our yearly average for rainfall...and it's only February. For a town that is supposed to have 350+ sunny days a year, this is nuts. I bet we have only had 10 truly sunny days in the past month and a half. I'm moving to Seattle...

Old 02-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang... Didn't wash your G in a Week... Oh no... Even if it's raining in the islands... I'm out there washing... Especially after driving in the rain... It's a most to wash and jack up the G and wipe the pipes... hahahaha... joking about jacking up the car... If i had a lift... I would definitely be doing it... I'm a clean car freak...

Old 02-23-2005, 02:08 PM
MyG37 Administrator

So if you did hydrolock with stock air box etc.. Would you assume Infiniti would cover that?

Old 02-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Depends on the dealership. I remember about 8 months ago when FL was having all of the rain and hurricanes, the Tampa dealership had 6 or 8 G's with stock intakes experience hydro-lock. It is much less common, however it still happens and will continue to happen until we can figure out how to make compressible water.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by EZZ
I feel you. Lots of flooded areas on the interstate freeways (10, 60, 5 and 2) in the southern california region... I had my share with these floods and major hydroplaning with major Takumi's Blinding Attack drift action.

Most importantly, I was cruising at 1 am with noone around... I could have hit someone while the car fishtailed. Now, I cruise around 45 mph in heavy rain and on slippery roads.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I garaged the b***h this week and whenever it rains due to the thin layer of water on the freeways here in SoCal as well as the damn potholes/sinkholes that arise. Imm give the city a week or so to fix the main big ones...don't wanna damage my rims..some of these potholes you guys won't believe it, but almost half of my OEM 19's can fall into if I drove into it....holes so big that even SUV's go around them!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hit a WALL of WATER!