G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Overheating !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 03:51 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=WadeRosenberg;7045365]
Originally Posted by Siciliang35

Can you provide step by step for example on your bleeding method.

I ended just walking home with the car parked at a family member house i was so pissed.

Ive been trying ti bleed for weeks and no change. Lower radiator hose cold, and no heat.

I dont think im bleeding it correctly.

Here is what u do.

1. Pour coolant in spill free funnel
2. Turn car on
3. Heat on high full blast
4. Rev a few times
5.I let it run (i can see air bubbles in funnel)
6. But then funnel overflows with coolant
7. I turn car off and Back to Square 1

You have to either park on a up hill or jack the front up . Just Google the step by step or check my started threads. I went thru that sht too.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by WadeRosenberg
I drive a 03 g35.

Couple weeks ago i was driving and car was fine until the bearings in my Fan Pulley bracket when out and caused my fan to come of and (destroyed) my radiator.

I replaced
1. Fan
2. Pulley bracket
3. Radiator

But i was still getting overheating and my Car heat was NOT hot neither. I also noticed my lower radiator hose does NOT get Hot but ONLY the top radiator hose gets hot .

So i decided to replace the Thermostat.

After i replaced my thermostat i was still getting overhearting.

I think i may have air pockets?

Any step by step procedures to get air pockets out.
Ever time i look up bleeding instructions for g35 they are all different methods.

I also purchased leslie spill free funnel.

Can anyone help
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/447961-overheating-after-thermostat-replace.html

The following users liked this post:
shurur (12-26-2021)
Old 02-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siciliang35
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/447961-overheating-after-thermostat-replace.html

I ended up taking to my mechanic, he determined that its NOT a blown head gasket, but he thinks i have a faulty (Water Pump) he said its not circulating the Hot water which is why my lower hose isnt getting Hot nor the heat.

So with that beibg said said i will purchase a water pump soon and get back with results.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:57 AM
i had the same issue, its air pockets in the system, i went and bought the yellow funnel at O'Reilly and put it on a hill, took me about 3 tries before it stopped overheating. i did replace the thermostat with an autozone one and still had the same issue. and yes my bottom hose was not warm at all. So went and bought a nissan oem one and redid everything with the funnel, let it run for a couple mins and no issues since than. our cars are a pain in the *** when it comes to the air bubbles. that funnel was $35 so comes in handy when issues like this arise.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:03 PM
Received 168 Likes on 148 Posts
I ended up taking to my mechanic, he determined that its NOT a blown head gasket, but he thinks i have a faulty (Water Pump) he said its not circulating the Hot water which is why my lower hose isnt getting Hot nor the heat.

So with that beibg said said i will purchase a water pump soon and get back with results.
I find that hard to believe the water pump is driven by the timing chain. So, unless the propellers are rusted to nothing then I don't think it's your water pump (sounds like they want to make a 500 profit). I had a faulty water pump on my G and it was only faulty because of the bad bearings. If you had bad bearings you would know trust me.

I would say you probably just have a crap load of air in the system. I've bled my car about three or four times and every time it has taken at least 1.5-2 hours on a good day.

This is how I do it:

1. Fill the radiator up.
2. Fill the reservoir as much as I can
3. Keep the spill free funnel attached
4. Turn heat on blast
5. Rev engine between 2500-3000 RPM for a few seconds
6. Repeat step 5 two or three more times
7. Turn off car
8. Squeeze hoses
9. Feel top hose and bottom hose
10. Do steps 5 - 9 again several times
11. At this point I always still have freezing cold air in the cabin.
12. Check the hoses for temperature
13. If they feel about right to me, I know it's circulating in the engine. It's just the heater core that has the bubbles.
14. Take the car out on the highway and drive really fast. It get's all the remaining bubbles out.
15. Top off reservoir next day or two.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
I find that hard to believe the water pump is driven by the timing chain. So, unless the propellers are rusted to nothing then I don't think it's your water pump (sounds like they want to make a 500 profit). I had a faulty water pump on my G and it was only faulty because of the bad bearings. If you had bad bearings you would know trust me.

I would say you probably just have a crap load of air in the system. I've blded my car about three or four times and every time it has taken at least 1.5-2 hours on a good day.

This is how I do it:

1. Fill the radiator up.
2. Fill the reservoir as much as I can
3. Keep the spill free funnel attached
4. Turn heat on blast
5. Rev engine between 2500-3000 RPM for a few seconds
6. Repeat step 5 two or three more times
7. Turn off car
8. Squeeze hoses
9. Feel top hose and bottom hose
10. Do steps 5 - 9 again several times
11. At this point I always still have freezing cold air in the cabin.
12. Check the hoses for temperature
13. If they feel about right to me, I know it's circulating in the engine. It's just the heater core that has the bubbles.
14. Take the car out on the highway and drive really fast. It get's all the remaining bubbles out.
15. Top off reservoir next day or two.
This morning i got up, parked it on a incline hill and while i had the funnel on i rev it a few times. What i noticed was that Today while reving i felt Hot\Warm heat coming from vents. As i stopped Revving the Heat cooled back down to blowing cool air. I turned car off after reving for about 60 sec " On and Off" and parked it. I will try again in about an hour

Old 02-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
I drive a 03 g35.

Couple weeks ago i was driving and car was fine until the bearings in my Fan Pulley bracket when out and caused my fan to come of and (destroyed) my radiator.

I replaced
1. Fan
2. Pulley bracket
3. Radiator

But i was still getting overheating and my Car heat was NOT hot neither. I also noticed my lower radiator hose does NOT get Hot but ONLY the top radiator hose gets hot .

So i decided to replace the Thermostat.

After i replaced my thermostat i was still getting overhearting.

I think i may have air pockets?

Any step by step procedures to get air pockets out.
Ever time i look up bleeding instructions for g35 they are all different methods.

I also purchased leslie spill free funnel.

Can anyone help
Have you followed the overheating troubleshooting steps in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2003/co.pdf

See page CO-6

With a 2003 vehicle it could probably use a new water pump, fans, hoses, belts, and a new radiator cap, and a pressure test.

Good luck

Telcoman

Old 02-22-2016, 02:24 PM
This morning i got up, parked it on a incline hill and while i had the funnel on i rev it a few times. What i noticed was that Today while reving i felt Hot\Warm heat coming from vents. As i stopped Revving the Heat cooled back down to blowing cool air. I turned car off after reving for about 60 sec " On and Off" and parked it. I will try again in about an hour
Keep burping the cooling system. Your getting heat becuase its working

Old 02-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Just curious is there a special tool\machine the dealer uses to bleed air from cooling system.

There is no way they manually service there cars. I have a hard time believing that dealer goes threw all this spill free funnel ****.

I gave up and will take it to a professional foreign shop this weekend. Quoted 69.99$ not bad as i expected

Old 02-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Received 168 Likes on 148 Posts
Just curious is there a special tool\machine the dealer uses to bleed air from cooling system.

There is no way they manually service there cars. I have a hard time believing that dealer goes threw all this spill free funnel ****.

I gave up and will take it to a professional foreign shop this weekend. Quoted 69.99$ not bad as i expected
I purchased one of these:
Amazon.com: UVIEW 550500 AirLift II Economy Cooling System Refiller: Automotive Amazon.com: UVIEW 550500 AirLift II Economy Cooling System Refiller: Automotive

But, I haven't had a chance to use it though. I seen videos of it and it looks like my burping days are over though.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
I purchased one of these: Amazon.com: UVIEW 550500 AirLift II Economy Cooling System Refiller: Automotive

But, I haven't had a chance to use it though. I seen videos of it and it looks like my burping days are over though.

THANK YOU.

Omg why havent anyone been post this tool/product.
This is what i been searching for all alone.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
The key to filling a G35 cooling system after a drain without getting any bubbles in it is to fill it very slowly with the front end slightly raised. Once the radiator is full, burp the system by running it with the heater on and radiator cap off and try to bounce the front end a bit to get out bubbles. I usually will sit in the car and watch the radiator through the windshield via the gap between my open hood and dash to make sure it's not bubbling over and shut it off just before it gets to that point. Do this a few times with the overflow reservoir full and you should be good.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Exclamation

OK so i took the car to the shop and dropped it off at 10:00am, Shop told me they will call me when its ready. 7:00pm comes along and still no phone call so i decide to go to the Shop myself.

Spoke to the machanic who was working on car and he stated that He bleed it 3 times and still couldnt get it too stop overheating. He stated fopr some reason your car is not circulating the coolant properly. He stated that he is going to have to Keep it overnight and let it sit to finish getting air pockets out.

I called this morning for an update he stated Car ready, Not overheating but your not getting Heat while idling, only when on the accelerator.

He stated that it not a blown head gasket, neither do he thinks its bad water pump, he stated im not having any symptoms ofbad water pump.

ANY REASON WHY IM NOT GETTING ANY HEAT AT IDLE BUT ONLY WHILE DRIVING. ??????!!!!

IM so ready to sell this car.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
No heat usually means there is air still in the system. I squeezed all of the coolant hoses to help get the air out when the car was running.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Ok so i picked the car up and after driving for about 15min the car temperature gauge began to rise...... Again. I parked it and punched the **** out of it out of frustration.

While driving heat was blowing hard and hot while accelerating but when idling or off gas the heat cooled back down.

The only thing i can think of is a faulty watet pump.

Should i let car sit overnight with radiator cap off?

Should i continue to just try to manually burp it as i been doing for last 3 weeks?

When taking funnel off do i immediately put radiator capp back on.?

I really dont know what the issue is?
Still overheating and heat not working properly.

BTW i took the car to MIDAS not the dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Overheating !!!!!!!