G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Key program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key program

Ok so I went to start my car but my positive connection was loose so I tightened it but the my key wouldn't start the car. Checked it with a computer and it said the keys need reprogramming. Took it to Nissan in Warner Robins and they're trying to tell me a computer is bad and that it needs to be replaced. The computer they're trying to sell me is $589 can I just get new keys or what? I feel like the dealership is trying to **** me. Car is a 2006 g35 coupe

Old 04-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm afraid there's a loose nut behind the wheel. Just kidding, I'm more curious about the loose battery connection on the positive side. Seems like I've read that there is a proper sequence when hooking up battery post - negative post last maybe. Hopefully you didn't let the smoke out of your computer. Then again, I'm always a little suspicious of the stealerships trying to bend me over. I guess I'd make sure the battery was good and pull power for a few minutes and try rebooting the system. And I'd try that several times before I gave up. Nothing to lose...

Old 04-03-2016, 01:01 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
the first thing I'd check is the chip inside the key it self.
I recently reprogrammed one key and the chip would just not hold the memory. It would start the car right after programming, but would not there after. I replaced a chip I had in a spare key (from different G) and once programmed that one it worked fine.

Main unit that is responsible for your chip key is the immobilizer unit on the ignition lock. It does talk to the computer in the car, but they do not have to match to each other (don't have to be from the same vehicle).
So computer is the third and least vulnerable stage in starting the car. First is the chip in the key, second is immobilizer unit it self and third is the computer.
First two are cheap to replace, you can replace immobilizer with a used unit if the chip in the key does not fix the problem.

Program process is very simple, you can do it your self.
You'll need:
Nissan Datascan software $50 http://www.nissandatascan.com/
OBDII cable $6-$12 (check under Supported Adaptors tab on nissandatascan website for adapter links) http://www.obdinnovations.com/vag-kk...nterface-cable
Laptop with USB port
And you need to know your Immobilizer pin to enter into the nissandatascan to program the key.
This website can calculate the pin from BCM(body control module (computer)) or IMMU (immobilizer unit) serial number.

All in all it should cost you less to do it all your self than have dealership do it for you.
You don't even need to purchase a new key from dealer, you can just buy a chip by itself, or 10 of them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-PC...tW5udL&vxp=mtr

The following users liked this post:
ErikNYC (10-29-2016)
Old 11-23-2017, 08:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
BCM PIN decoder

I need to reprogram my keys. I have the Datascan software and license and a VAG KKL cable. How can I get the PIN from the BCM? I've seen free apps that are clearly spam / scams, $500 apps to do it, etc.

Help?

Old 11-23-2017, 08:18 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
To reprogram the BCM with the key transponders you need Consult-II which is the software the dealership uses. I'm not aware of any 3rd party software that can write changes to the BCM EPROM.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:22 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Actually it appears you CAN get the PIN number without the dealership, google "Nissan Supercode". I still think you're going to run into issues unless you also download a copy of Consult-II to a laptop (totally doable though).

The following users liked this post:
raygun (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Actually it appears you CAN get the PIN number without the dealership, google "Nissan Supercode". I still think you're going to run into issues unless you also download a copy of Consult-II to a laptop (totally doable though).
Thanks - I’ll update here after I try this. Heading up to the shop today to see what I can see. My “friend” with the Consult-II flaked, was probably full of it to start with. The DataScan guys were quite confident that I could reprogram the keys with this thing. We’ll see how it goes.

Alternatively, if anyone wants a black ‘06 6MT, 112k, currently located near Durant, Oklahoma (yay), PM me. Comes with a blown rev-up (thrown rod, heads *might* be ok), a non-rev JDM from an ‘05 350Z. And the tires are new-ish. (As in, they had about 2000 miles on them before the engine blew two years ago.)

I used to love this car. My Solstice is faster - amazingly enough - but it’s so modified that the dealers and local shops refuse to work on it. Which is fine, because every time I let someone else work on one of my cars, they mess something up. And the G35 has a back seat. I can barely carry a passenger in the Solstice if I have any cargo like, say, a backpack. Shrug.

(Belated) Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Thanks, as always, for your input.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Since I promised to update and don’t want Googlers to have to sift through threads:

I reprogrammed the keys using Nissan DataScan. Found a website that’d decode the BCM 5-digit “encrypted” code to the four-digit PIN required by the software. Cheap, easy, worked great.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:49 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Just to confirm this was the full suite NDS for a windows-based OS and not the mobile Android version of NDS yes?

Old 01-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Just to confirm this was the full suite NDS for a windows-based OS and not the mobile Android version of NDS yes?
Yep. Laptop + OBD2 cable (ELM interface won't work for this one) + NDS.

AlsoL technically, you're reprogramming the BCM and/or ECM, not the keys.