G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer recommended Motul- any experiences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer recommended Motul- any experiences?

Called Infiniti of Yorkville (Toronto) and spoke to Jerry Liu. The guy was ultra helpful and very knowledgeable (they got their sh** together there). Anyhow, I asked him about synthetics for my coupe, and he actually highly recommended Motul. Now I know about Motul through my motorcycle experience, but never knew about their auto applications. He also did speak highly of Mobil 1.
Has anyone tried Motul for their G's. He said that a viscosity of 0W30 was the way to go, but I have routinely seen guys on this site using 5W30 (for Mobil 1). Let me know!

Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
I too am interested in Motul. The reports that I have been reading on www.bobistheoilguy.com appear to be very favorable but I cannot find any specific reports on the VQ. Here is the info from Motul's site on the 5w-30. Anyone have experience in the G with this?

8100 Eco-nergy 5W30

Fuel Economy Gasoline and Diesel lubricant
100% Synthetic

TYPE OF USE
Fuel Economy Engine Oil especially designed for recent engines, powered by turbo Diesel direct injection or gasoline engines, designed to use low friction and low HTHS (High Temperature High Shear) viscosity oil
Suitable for new technology engines powered with turbo Diesel or gasoline engines and catalytic converters, requiring fuel economy lubricants (ACEA A1/B1 or A5/B5 standards).
These oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Refer to the owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

PERFORMANCES
STANDARDS ACEA A5 / B5
APPROVALS API SL / CF
This 100% synthetic engine oil has been formulated, developed and tested according to the most recent technical requirements of petrol and diesel engines.
The new performance ACEA A5/B5 requests fuel economy and low emission performance for powerful engines : MOTUL 8100 Eco-nergy 5W-30 has synthetic base stocks and specific friction modifier molecules that provide an outstanding oil film resistance, reducing friction in the engine, maintaining the oil pressure, and generally decreasing the operating temperature.
MOTUL 8100 Eco-nergy 5W-30 provides outstanding lubricating properties such as wear and high temperature resistance and controlled oil consumption.
Anti-oxydation, Anti-wear, Anti-corrosion, Anti-foam properties.

RECOMENDATIONS
Drain interval : according to manufacturers’ recommendations and tune to your own use.
MOTUL 8100 Eco-nergy 5W-30 can be mixed with synthetic or mineral oils.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by smilepro
Called Infiniti of Yorkville (Toronto) and spoke to Jerry Liu. The guy was ultra helpful and very knowledgeable (they got their sh** together there). Anyhow, I asked him about synthetics for my coupe, and he actually highly recommended Motul. Now I know about Motul through my motorcycle experience, but never knew about their auto applications. He also did speak highly of Mobil 1.
Has anyone tried Motul for their G's. He said that a viscosity of 0W30 was the way to go, but I have routinely seen guys on this site using 5W30 (for Mobil 1). Let me know!

Like you, I know only of Motul used in my racebike. I used their 300V and liked it, but it costs A LOT (like $11 a quart), but have not tried it in a car. I have been using Mobil 1 in the G with good results. You really cannot beat Mobil 1 in autos IMO. Do a search and you will see that Mobil 1 is a favorite among many, same goes for the BMW forum, I use it in my BMW as well.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:44 AM
Sig
I think if i switch to a full synthetic i'll probably go with Amsoil.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:47 AM
I was told Amsoil would be the way to go for the diff., and that the gear oil should be left as is.