G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Motordyne Longtube Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Motordyne Longtube Headers

So motordyne just released their long tube Headers for the 370z the g35 one should be released soon guys

Thoughts ???

Old 08-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
WHAT! Shut yo mouth.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they must have raised their prices since you posted lol, its like 1900 dollars now

Old 08-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kenneth Tran
they must have raised their prices since you posted lol, its like 1900 dollars now
From what I'm understanding it's 4 different package options however they are not ceramic coated

$1,889 LT-XYZ Complete set
- $1,269 LT-XYZ with Straight Pipes
- $1,360 LT-XYZ with Helmholtz Resonator
- $1,494 LT-XYZ with HFC'S

Old 08-04-2016, 11:55 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
All I can say is if Tony designed it it's the **** and worth every penny he charges for them. That man has my complete respect for the invaluable presence he has on this forum. Almost makes me want to keep the G and try his new headers when they are released.

For those of you who are newer and don't know much about Tony and his company Motordyne Engineering here's a brief rundown. He's a retired rocket scientist that has had a love for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles for a long, long time. He and his wife drive cars from both companies last time I checked and he spends hundreds of hours (if not more) in R&D for any of the products he designs and manufactures. By the time he releases something you can count on the fact that that part will do exactly what he says it will. I added an XYZ pipe, MD resonated mid pipe and the MD VQ exhaust on my sedan a few years back and on the dyno gained almost 15 each hp/tq w/o adding any other mods or adjustment to my tune. Mad respect for MD!!

Old 08-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
All I can say is if Tony designed it it's the **** and worth every penny he charges for them. That man has my complete respect for the invaluable presence he has on this forum. Almost makes me want to keep the G and try his new headers when they are released.

For those of you who are newer and don't know much about Tony and his company Motordyne Engineering here's a brief rundown. He's a retired rocket scientist that has had a love for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles for a long, long time. He and his wife drive cars from both companies last time I checked and he spends hundreds of hours (if not more) in R&D for any of the products he designs and manufactures. By the time he releases something you can count on the fact that that part will do exactly what he says it will. I added an XYZ pipe, MD resonated mid pipe and the MD VQ exhaust on my sedan a few years back and on the dyno gained almost 15 each hp/tq w/o adding any other mods or adjustment to my tune. Mad respect for MD!!

I think the motordyne products are hands down the best for vq platforms I've been waiting for the long tube headers for 2 years now so I'm excited for the VQ version

I love my tdx2 and Art test pipe combo

Old 08-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Tony for years had made the best spacers and exhaust systems for our VQ motors! Before jumping on this one you need to ask yourself what are the RHP gains along with if you reside in Ca. will any further modifications case me to have issues with the smog police?
Gary

Old 08-05-2016, 10:52 AM
The Motordyne LT-XYZ is here! The Motordyne LT-XYZ is a fully optimized header that offers the best power, sound, and emissions for your 370Z.

A stepped header design utilizing interchangeable modules, the Motordyne LT-XYZ utilizes a straight pipe, a side branch resonator, or catalytic converter. This modularity offers functional advantages not previously seen in any other headers for this platform. With supplied V-band clamps, different modules can be easily changed out within minutes.

This is a beta release and the fitment of this system has only been done on the 370z thus far. It may fit other models such as the G37, but until that is done we cannot guarantee fitment just yet.

(Direct link to the LT-XYZ):

http://motordyneusa.com/shop/370z-lt-xyz-complete-set/

(Here is the first independent dyno comparison of the ART pipes against the LT-XYZ). Baseline is with ART pipes tuned.

LT-XYZ installed makes 16 HP
LT-XYZ retuned makes 25 HP.

https://youtu.be/zcLMeQUyh0U

(Some FAQ'S):

1)Will the original ART Pipes work on the LT-XYZ?
A: No. All attachments are proprietary to the LT-XYZ.

2)Do you guys offer a discount for the beta units or do these fit other VQ's?
A: The pricing is already discounted and set at beta pricing. If you install the beta system and it does not fit you are guaranteed your money back. The item must have been mounted for fitment only and the engine cannot be started etc. rendering them used.

3) Will these fit the HR and VQ35DE?
A: We do not know. The LT-XYZ can be test fitted on other vehicles. This first release is for beta testing and fitment. Money back guaranteed as long as the car is not started with the part on if fitment is off.

4) What is Beta pricing?
A: Pricing will increase following the Beta Phase.
- $1,889 LT-XYZ Complete set

Old 08-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Since you'll have to remove the cats to run these, for those of us that get sniffed every few years. You won't pass emissions. Although, they look great, a 50 state legal system would have been better.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Albanian122
The Motordyne LT-XYZ is here! The Motordyne LT-XYZ is a fully optimized header that offers the best power, sound, and emissions for your 370Z.

A stepped header design utilizing interchangeable modules, the Motordyne LT-XYZ utilizes a straight pipe, a side branch resonator, or catalytic converter. This modularity offers functional advantages not previously seen in any other headers for this platform. With supplied V-band clamps, different modules can be easily changed out within minutes.

This is a beta release and the fitment of this system has only been done on the 370z thus far. It may fit other models such as the G37, but until that is done we cannot guarantee fitment just yet.

(Direct link to the LT-XYZ):

http://motordyneusa.com/shop/370z-lt-xyz-complete-set/

(Here is the first independent dyno comparison of the ART pipes against the LT-XYZ). Baseline is with ART pipes tuned.

LT-XYZ installed makes 16 HP
LT-XYZ retuned makes 25 HP.

https://youtu.be/zcLMeQUyh0U

(Some FAQ'S):

1)Will the original ART Pipes work on the LT-XYZ?
A: No. All attachments are proprietary to the LT-XYZ.

2)Do you guys offer a discount for the beta units or do these fit other VQ's?
A: The pricing is already discounted and set at beta pricing. If you install the beta system and it does not fit you are guaranteed your money back. The item must have been mounted for fitment only and the engine cannot be started etc. rendering them used.

3) Will these fit the HR and VQ35DE?
A: We do not know. The LT-XYZ can be test fitted on other vehicles. This first release is for beta testing and fitment. Money back guaranteed as long as the car is not started with the part on if fitment is off.

4) What is Beta pricing?
A: Pricing will increase following the Beta Phase.
- $1,889 LT-XYZ Complete set

im just dying to hear how it'll sound paired with a MD exhaust lol.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM
SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
G35 ones will be in stock with us by the end of the month to early next month

Old 08-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
G35 ones will be in stock with us by the end of the month to early next month
group buy? Price break?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
Since you'll have to remove the cats to run these, for those of us that get sniffed every few years. You won't pass emissions. Although, they look great, a 50 state legal system would have been better.
You won't pass emissions even with the HFC's section?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Tony for years had made the best spacers and exhaust systems for our VQ motors! Before jumping on this one you need to ask yourself what are the RHP gains along with if you reside in Ca. will any further modifications case me to have issues with the smog police?
Gary
Independent dyno by Dynosty made 25 hp on top of a tune already with Art Pipes.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had headers on my 02 Max and had to run an O2 sim to pass inspection. You will fail the visual check when they would notice no "pre-cats" unless you knew the mechanic and he'd do you a favor. However, each state is different.

Headers were the best bolt on for the VQ in that iteration (pretty much 10-15hp across the full band) not sure about the G/Z.

Edit the O2 sim was a dual band for a 3000gt if I remember correctly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Longtube Headers