G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just Bought a 2005 G35 Coupe 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just Bought a 2005 G35 Coupe 6MT

Sale is final.. well sortta, need to fill out the papers tomorrow morning and pick up my brand new G35 Coupe 6MT =) i had to make a new thread sorry lol but you guys probably still remember how it was the day before you recieved your order or your visit to the dealer. Anyways the guy at Montclair Infiniti was very cool.. pretty much one of the only honest sales man i talked to.. everyone else either told me "i do not go into prices on the phone.." or "come down and we'll talk" when i asked for a model im interested in.. too bad all the dealers are around 20miles away and they probably dont even have the one.. o well they missed out.

By tomorrow 11:00am I'll offically have my G35 Coupe =D. PICTURES TOMORROW! even though it looks just like any ol plain coupe =( lol but yeah god damn it feels like xmas

eh.. and HELP! I mentioned the front plate thing on a previous post.. #$*# its already there =( how bad is it? anything to cover it up? help..

Also a thanks =) to everyone thats helped me in my previous post! it helped alot. Next month i'll be purchasing the premier membership and be alot more active.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet! I gotta wait until May 5th for mine. I'm curious about the front plate thing.. do you know how it is attached? Is it screwed in? Do they drill holes? Maybe ya can check when ya get it tomorrow and let me know!

congrats!

Old 02-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by G35_newbie_2005
Sweet! I gotta wait until May 5th for mine. I'm curious about the front plate thing.. do you know how it is attached? Is it screwed in? Do they drill holes? Maybe ya can check when ya get it tomorrow and let me know!

congrats!
tell your dealer right now that you dont want the plates on, your sales guy not just anyone.. because he is selling the car to you he'll go bend some rules for you. and then call again the week before its delivered to make sure..

they are two holes drilled in =(

Old 02-25-2005, 11:07 PM
OH! Thanks! I will do that! Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-25-2005, 11:13 PM
DJM
Thats too bad to here about the holes in your front bumper. I made sure when I ordered my 2004.5 from Infiniti of Riverside, NOT to touch anything on the car, ESPECIALLY the front bumper and license plate. They said no problem, and that they won't touch it. I arrived at the dealer literally a couple of hours after the car arrived off the truck. It was sweet.
If I were you, I would demmand that they get you a new bumper. IMO, the plate on the front looks ugly and takes away from the areo dynamics of the car. My 0.02 though.
Congrats on the car though and welcome to the club!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 12:21 AM
OK guys, I just sent an e-mail to my salesman at Crest in Plano. I'll let you know what he says about not putting decals or drilling holes in my new car, and will post his reply. (grin)

Old 02-26-2005, 12:29 AM
The license plate frame comes off very easy. Yes it does leave two small holes. But go to Home Depot or Lowe's or OSH and get two small plastic plugs that match your paint color. The towing hitch opening plug is in your glove box and matches the paint perfectly and fits with a nice little pop.

You will LOVE your new "G" and probably wash it at least every week and polish it until the paint comes off just to be near it.

HAVE FUN!!

Old 02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
oh really? If it's that easy, maybe I shouldn't have been so gruff with my salesman

hehehe..

is it possible to attach the license plate with something that doesn't require drilling? aftermarket or something?

Thanks for the info everyone!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
oh really? If it's that easy, maybe I shouldn't have been so gruff with my salesman

hehehe..

is it possible to attach the license plate with something that doesn't require drilling? aftermarket or something?

Thanks for the info everyone!
yeah they have a holder that just clips onto your bumper.. i'm sure someone will post a link soon or just do a search =)

o hell yeah about the washing.. lol i went out and got a wheel brush, applicator pad, sponge, some microfiber towels, tire swipes.. stoners, meguiar's gold class, still need a wax... onlything im missing is a buffer and shop vac =|

damn i cant sleep lol its 3:30am... 8HOURS AWAY!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:02 AM
OK guys, I just sent an e-mail to my salesman at Crest in Plano. I'll let you know what he says about not putting decals or drilling holes in my new car, and will post his reply. (grin)
I got mine from crest too.. all I did was I mentioned that I dont want the front plates installed and he said no problems and said also that most people dont want it on.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
one hour and 30min to go! lol this is like counting down for xmas when i was 6

Old 02-26-2005, 01:36 PM
dude don't install the front plate it looks terrible -.,-

Old 02-27-2005, 05:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
AHHHH, lol no pics sorry i spent the whole day driving around.. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! i did a nice 200mile trip.. i LOVE how quiet it is inside.. i can be going 40mph then 80mph and the noise level will be about the same. and the shifter is very short and i like.. only thing is getting people to the back seat is a pain in the *** but i wont be having too many people back there anyways..

on the free way we just got out of a jam and this accord was keeping up with me then he guns it and i stay in 5th gear all the way to 4k RPM then shifted to 6 and went to 4k again then stopped.. its the pure thought of him gunning his car with the peddle all the way down while i still have 3,000 more RPMs with the biggest smile on my face.. hope he didnt think he kept up with a G lol.. i know its nothing much but its just the pure thought =) i set the shift light at 3.8k for the first 400-500miles for what i think is a good break-in..

sorry, gona give her a wash tomorrow (i think) and get some pics.. its 3am now so i cant take any.. too many damn fingure prints on my car.. question: how do u guys close your trunk without leaving a fingure print? i just using my jacket sleeve

and I LOVE THIS CAR

Old 02-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
pictures, like i promised

Old 02-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Very Sexy!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Bought a 2005 G35 Coupe 6MT