G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Should I fix my totaled G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Should I fix my totaled G?

http://imgur.com/a/Txh5t

Long story short, lady ran a red and hit me. Her insurance is covering 50% since I only had liability and its my word vs hers. Im getting about $4000 from her insurance if I do the buyback to fix my car.

My body shop the car is fixable and hes a good friend so im pretty much trusting his word. Told me my frame is bent, need a new radiator support, both front fenders, front bumper, and the passenger headlight.

Do you guys think itd be okay to drive again once this thing is fixed? My G really meant alot to me and I actually want to keep it, body shop told me its really up to me if I want to fix it up

Old 01-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
No!

Say goodby

Why would you want to drive a vehicle with a bent frame?

Use the $4k towards another vehicle

Telcoman

Old 01-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by telcoman
No!

Say goodby

Why would you want to drive a vehicle with a bent frame?

Use the $4k towards another vehicle

Telcoman
Car means alot to me haha, was my first car and I put so much work into her

Old 01-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Poor IP, how much will u get if you declare total?

No frame damage is good, I say take whatever $$ and get another IP!

Old 01-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by deeliciousqueen
Poor IP, how much will u get if you declare total?

No frame damage is good, I say take whatever $$ and get another IP!
Im only getting 50% because its my word vs the ladies.. which I had a dash cam man!

Adjuster told me If I total it, I get 4100, if I buy back I get 3500ish to fix her up. Im really leaning towards fixing her up, my body shop said its fixable and will run like nothing happened

Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
How much will body shop charge to fix everything? will $$ be enough to cover all the costs that you don't need to pay out of pocket?

Sounds like you are leaning more towards restoring back the car, just remember that you been warned here. Weigh in the pros n cons, car will have salvage title & will probably have no resale value anymore. Do what please you and goodluck.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by deeliciousqueen
How much will body shop charge to fix everything? will $$ be enough to cover all the costs that you don't need to pay out of pocket?

Sounds like you are leaning more towards restoring back the car, just remember that you been warned here. Weigh in the pros n cons, car will have salvage title & will probably have no resale value anymore. Do what please you and goodluck.
I never planned on selling it tbh, has too much sentimental value personally. Adjuster apparently told me it wont have a salvage title as well because its an older yeared car (2003)? Not entirely sure if thats true... my only concern is my safety and if itll drive properly again.

Was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation basically lol

Old 01-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Ive seen worst
One of my g35s was totaled for having the frame bent
Luckily my uncle has a frame machine so it was a easy fix
The frame does get a little weak tho

If it was my car i would fix it.
It LOOKS like youll need the rebar, radiator support maybe fenders and maybe the tabs to the headlights broke.

But there will always be people who will hate fixing/ owning a salvaged car:x

Old 01-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789
Ive seen worst
One of my g35s was totaled for having the frame bent
Luckily my uncle has a frame machine so it was a easy fix
The frame does get a little weak tho

If it was my car i would fix it.
It LOOKS like youll need the rebar, radiator support maybe fenders and maybe the tabs to the headlights broke.

But there will always be people who will hate fixing/ owning a salvaged car:x
Glad to hear, I personally dont mind fixing it as long as itll be safe to drive again.. car also wont be branded salvage either, I just read up on the laws in NYC. The body shop owner is actually a good friend of mine so I believe ill be in good hands as well, he told me my first step is to get him the rad support & fenders too haha.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Oy. So sad.

As long as you are not tracking it and putting the frame to a lot of stress, you should be fine if indeed your friend is capable and has a frame machine at disposal. But a bent frame will be weaker.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I'd just get another clean G. Sometimes you dig into repairs and find out they are worse than originally anticipated. Once you buy it out, you're kinda stuck with having to fix it or the responsibility of getting rid of it.

If you just take the money and run, you don't have to worry about any headaches other than finding a new car (which can be fun).

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (01-19-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
I'd just get another clean G. Sometimes you dig into repairs and find out they are worse than originally anticipated. Once you buy it out, you're kinda stuck with having to fix it or the responsibility of getting rid of it.

If you just take the money and run, you don't have to worry about any headaches other than finding a new car (which can be fun).
The problem with that is I have sooooo much mods on this car, I really dont have the time to find oem everything to replace it onto the car so I can sell my parts. If im not mistaking, the insurance wont take my car stripped off my trunk, rear bumper, exhaust, tails, coils, sway bars, etc

Old 01-18-2017, 03:24 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by g35fnatic
The problem with that is I have sooooo much mods on this car, I really dont have the time to find oem everything to replace it onto the car so I can sell my parts. If im not mistaking, the insurance wont take my car stripped off my trunk, rear bumper, exhaust, tails, coils, sway bars, etc
They won't let you strip off parts on the car but If you have the OEM parts for the stuff you've upgraded (rims, bumpers, etc), they might let you swap those back on as long as you didn't have the upgrades insured on your policy, although I doubt the wrecking yard where it's being held would allow you to do it there. Chances are the insurance company won't want you doing anything to it though. Sometimes you can negotiate the value of the car though if you can come up with some valid reasons or proof why it's worth more than they valued it at.

How many miles do you have on that car?

Old 01-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
They won't let you strip off parts on the car but If you have the OEM parts for the stuff you've upgraded (rims, bumpers, etc), they might let you swap those back on as long as you didn't have the upgrades insured on your policy, although I doubt the wrecking yard where it's being held would allow you to do it there. Chances are the insurance company won't want you doing anything to it though. Sometimes you can negotiate the value of the car though if you can come up with some valid reasons or proof why it's worth more than they valued it at.

How many miles do you have on that car?
yeah, I don't got my stock stuff anymore to swap it unfortunately. I even have my full motordyne exhaust + art pipes on their, really don't want to lose that either. The car just hit 100k miles

Old 01-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Ill ship you my stock exhaust and pay for your shipping

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.