G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Planning on buying this G, Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning on buying this G, Thoughts?

So at 17, I was finally able to afford buying an 03 G35 sedan ($3500), I wanted a coupe but did not have enough saved up. Fast forward to a year and half later, I have saved up enough to put down a down payment, on a coupe. I found this 2005 Ivory pearl G35 Coupe 6 Speed MT, premium package, double din with navigation system installed, really good service records and 110,000 miles for $7,999, I will put a $4000 down payment. My sedan is now at 170,000 so I want to part ways with it. I have another check coming in for another 4000 soon so paying for it is not a problem. I just want thoughts on pricing and the car.

Attached Thumbnails Planning on buying this G, Thoughts?-1629529-0-large.jpg   Planning on buying this G, Thoughts?-1629529-2-large.jpg  
Old 02-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I personally don't like white leather interiors because they show dirt and can sometimes pick up color from people's new jeans or other clothing that are prone to color leaching.

Do some research on oil consumption issues with '05 and '06 6MT G35's too. You could potentially be buying someone elses problem by getting a 6MT from those years with high mileage.

Also.... those rims aren't the stock 6MT rims from '05 '06. They look like the stock 17" rims from an '03-'04 G35 coupe with the auto tranny. '05 and '06 6MT G35 Coupes should have 19" rims when stock.

Last edited by partyman66; 02-22-2017 at 02:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 02:53 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Cool bro, not talking **** but keep your finances to your self. Know one cares if you can/cannot afford what it is what you want.. if you feel the deal is right then buy it!! But like posted above, do your research.!! Soo much info on this site and the net.. Daily driver Gs can be costly for some, especially if you want to 'mod' it and be all cool and what not... Researching more about your purchase will help you dramatically...

Old 02-22-2017, 08:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyke420
Cool bro, not talking **** but keep your finances to your self. Know one cares if you can/cannot afford what it is what you want.. if you feel the deal is right then buy it!! But like posted above, do your research.!! Soo much info on this site and the net.. Daily driver Gs can be costly for some, especially if you want to 'mod' it and be all cool and what not... Researching more about your purchase will help you dramatically...
I am pretty sure, he wasn't putting that in there just to be putting it in there. He was stating that thats all the money he had saved up. Which plays a factor on many of things like repairs for example. He is just wanting some insight. Not some guy coming up out of the gate being a dick.

On a side note. Ask them to do their multipoint inspections. Ask for a full report. Drive it around a few times. Maybe even take it to a mechanic buddy to check it out. see if he sees something the dealership didn't. Buying these cars can be difficult. But all in all. Your biggest problem to look out for is pretty much oil consumption and if a manual then also syncros. But with that you can always do a cd009 swap. I hope this helps just a little.

Oh BTW I do like the car. I was actually looking at one just like that. But I went with my Black one due to financial reasons.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
I am pretty sure, he wasn't putting that in there just to be putting it in there. He was stating that thats all the money he had saved up. Which plays a factor on many of things like repairs for example. He is just wanting some insight. Not some guy coming up out of the gate being a dick.

On a side note. Ask them to do their multipoint inspections. Ask for a full report. Drive it around a few times. Maybe even take it to a mechanic buddy to check it out. see if he sees something the dealership didn't. Buying these cars can be difficult. But all in all. Your biggest problem to look out for is pretty much oil consumption and if a manual then also syncros. But with that you can always do a cd009 swap. I hope this helps just a little.

Oh BTW I do like the car. I was actually looking at one just like that. But I went with my Black one due to financial reasons.
I mean I'm not a newbie to the G's, I had my sedan for a year and a half, and majority of the time spent my time on the forums about it, I been looking for a coupe for half year now. None of which convinced me enough as this one. I found an all black one but has service light on, they claim they'll fix it if I commit to buying it, but I don't trust it.

The white one however, has service records, and Dealer just took it to infiniti dealer for full tune up and regular maintenance, the dealer also offers some warranty on it. As far as maintenance goes, I'm not too worried about it, and the rims do not bother me as I have a set of 20" I have on my sedan going on there. I just wanted to check in to see if it was a fair price to pay for it.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Sorry in advance a lot of people on the forums tend to be *******s considering information on this page was relevant maybe in 2012

anyways personally price is too high for the car I would consider it maybe at around 5k if you can talk down the price buy it

The following users liked this post:
carl0s_23 (02-22-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 02:07 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by carl0s_23
I'm not too worried about it, and the rims do not bother me as I have a set of 20" I have on my sedan going on there. I just wanted to check in to see if it was a fair price to pay for it.
You should be a little concerned about the rims because it begs the question of what the story is as to why they are even on there to begin with. Those rims did not come stock with any of the 6-speed manual G35 Coupes of any year. It makes me wonder... was the car in an accident or some other incident in which the original rims were destroyed, and the previous owner cheaped out and bought whatever he/she could find as replacements? Did they swap out the stock automatic transmission for a 6MT (in which case you could be buying a Frankenstein car)?

It just seems strange to me that it has those rims on it and I would want to know what happened to the stock ones and why those are not on it.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:40 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Don't buy this car
Enough said

Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
OP here's my .02 and no, I won't be a d!ck. You seem to be going about things the right way: doing your homework, making good decisions like researching potential cars, owning a G already even though it's a sedan to see what they're all about but best decision of all? Joining this forum lol. All kidding aside we are the premiere site on the web for all things G hands down.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the guys that say don't buy this one with a caveat. Do more homework on it, run an Autocheck report on it (I'm not a fan of CarFax at all) and delve deeper into it's past with a VIN search at your closest Infiniti dealership. The price is OK and 110K miles isn't really a lot for these cars f they've been maintained correctly. Also don't give up on a car with a SES light on either. You can buy a $20 OBD2 scanner off Amazon and download the TorquePro app for $3 and you'll be able to tell in moments what the issue is. A lot of the codes thrown are easy fixes so it's hard for me to imagine walking away from a good deal because the silly light is on.

Good luck with your search and let us know how it turns out.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
You should be a little concerned about the rims because it begs the question of what the story is as to why they are even on there to begin with. Those rims did not come stock with any of the 6-speed manual G35 Coupes of any year. It makes me wonder... was the car in an accident or some other incident in which the original rims were destroyed, and the previous owner cheaped out and bought whatever he/she could find as replacements? Did they swap out the stock automatic transmission for a 6MT (in which case you could be buying a Frankenstein car)?

It just seems strange to me that it has those rims on it and I would want to know what happened to the stock ones and why those are not on it.
The 19's were only for the sport, this 6MT should have came with the 7 spoke 18's I think.
But even still that was over 10 years ago so it could have been through a number of wheels. Aftermarket wheels go on, stocks get sold, next buyer prefers OEM a set of coupe wheels.

There was another prospective buyer the other day looking at a sport with sport steering wheel, bumper and wheels but the brembos were swapped for smaller brakes....

Old 02-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Do what you want, it is your own $$$. If it was me, I already bought it long time ago of course after researching the history.

I have an 06 IP coupe as well and I still love it 2 years later.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66

While the price does seem a little steep, it is a dealer so price for a dealer is decent in my area. As far as the carafe go, car seems clean no accidents at all reported, I tried calling infiniti but I went to voicemail, I will try again today. I ran the vin, and it does come up correctly as far as color, transmission, year, everything so no frankenstein car. As far as I know, not all the 2005 G's came with the 19" wheels, just the sport model did. Dealer does include warranty with the car, and just got fully serviced at the infiniti dealer.

Like I stated, I been on the market for a G for a while now, so I understand what they need, the different packages, what differentiates between models, major issues like oil consumption. etc. All in all I've done my homework before actually setting my eye on one. Being from a very reputable dealer in my area also eases my worries about any major issues with the car.

Anyways I appreciate all of your opinions, whether positive or negative they still help.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
int color is very important and the tan int is the ugliest and gets uglier as it ages. if thats something ur willing to sacrifice? i couldnt

Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright I was in a similar situation, but held out a bit more until I found a steady job that paid well.

What you need to keep in mind:
  • Never rush into buying a car.
  • Stay away from Salvage titles.
  • Stay away from a car that has been modded extensively (especially engine), as it's probably been beaten to hell.
  • Try to look for a car that has low miles, and few owners.
  • See if the seller will let you take it to a mechanic for a look-over.
  • Look at maintenance records and services.

With all that being said-- I did end up getting an 05' Coupe in Ivory Pearl with the Grey Interior. If it had beige, I would not have bought it. Also.. if I could do it over again, I would have went with an 06' for Bluetooth and rear lights.

Also keep an eye on what he has done as far as premium package / aero etc etc. Mine was fully loaded except I didn't have a wing on the back (dangit!!). Ehem, still looking for an IP wing fellas. Anyway, the stock sound system is meh, so it's okay if it doesn't have the upgraded BOSE system. Good luck!

Old 02-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by mjfenix
Alright I was in a similar situation, but held out a bit more until I found a steady job that paid well.

What you need to keep in mind:
  • Never rush into buying a car.
  • Stay away from Salvage titles.
  • Stay away from a car that has been modded extensively (especially engine), as it's probably been beaten to hell.
  • Try to look for a car that has low miles, and few owners.
  • See if the seller will let you take it to a mechanic for a look-over.
  • Look at maintenance records and services.

With all that being said-- I did end up getting an 05' Coupe in Ivory Pearl with the Grey Interior. If it had beige, I would not have bought it. Also.. if I could do it over again, I would have went with an 06' for Bluetooth and rear lights.

Also keep an eye on what he has done as far as premium package / aero etc etc. Mine was fully loaded except I didn't have a wing on the back (dangit!!). Ehem, still looking for an IP wing fellas. Anyway, the stock sound system is meh, so it's okay if it doesn't have the upgraded BOSE system. Good luck!
As far as the sound system, it has already been upgraded for a double din system, including GPS bluetooth and so on. The premium does claim to have the premium package, with heated seats, dual climate control, Bose system, and homelink. It also has the aero package with rear wind and side skirts. No sport wheel package, or sport tuned package.

For the Tan interior, I don't really mind it, I like to keep my car clean so leather always gets cleaned up the way it should, my sedan is also Tan interior. Again, I am not rushing into buying a G as I been looking for about 6 months for one, and I feel pretty good about this one. I will go down to the dealer tomorrow, and have it checked out. If it works out I'll drive it home, otherwise my search continues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.