G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How do I remove the puck on the roof

Old 03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I remove the puck on the roof

Hey guys,

So I been looking into getting my roof vinyl wrapped gloss black, I have a 2005 IP and the white on black would look great in my opinion. I just got the car a week ago, got the tints done, ordered the tail light tints, GTR style so it doesn't block the lights. And now I am looking to buy the gloss black vinyl wrap. The issue I've encountered is that my car has the black puck on the roof, seems to be the antenna for sat radio.

Anyways, I've been looking on how to remove it but I can't find it. Does anyone know any easier way around it to getting it wrapped? Or any instructions on how to remove it so I can tuck the wrap under it? I attatched a picture of what the puck looks like, it's a picture I've found on Google since I don't feel like going out to take a picture of it.

Attached Thumbnails How do I remove the puck on the roof-img_5550.png  
Old 03-11-2017, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Looks just like a satellite hookup man. Just wrap the antenna also.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
That is the antenna unit for the dealer-installed satellite kit. There is a satellite install TSB that will show you how it is installed. To remove, reverse installation.

Unfortunately, IIRC there will be a hole in your roof left behind.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:32 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^No hole on the sedan and I'd bet the coupe is the same. It's held on by double sided tape so just follow the debadging removal procedure (Goo Be Gone or WD40 to loosen the glue then run fishing line under the puck gently) and you should be good. It might leave ghosting in the paint though, I took mine off at little over 100K miles and the paint underneath was distinctly darker than the rest of the car. No amount of buffing or massaging the paint made a difference which it can at times.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
^^No hole on the sedan and I'd bet the coupe is the same.
That is correct; I just looked at my copy of the install directions. My copy is for the 2006 sedan. The title is "SATELLITE RADIO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS" if you want to google around for it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.