G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Magnaflow x-pipe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Magnaflow x-pipe.

Okay roast me now. But I ordered the HKS replica exhaust and a magnaflow x-pipe. I love the sound it makes and it is cheap. Where do I install that x-pipe on here? I have tried looking at other threads and found one that showed it but I would like second opinions.

Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow x-pipe.-xpipe.jpg  
Old 04-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Magnaflows x-pipe was intended to replace the HKS crossover which was defective, and it's much more effective! Search! The crossover on your replica s/b removed and the x-pipe installed. Only a muffler shop should do this because measurements must be exact!
Gary

Old 04-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Magnaflows x-pipe was intended to replace the HKS crossover which was defective, and it's much more effective! Search! The crossover on your replica s/b removed and the x-pipe installed. Only a muffler shop should do this because measurements must be exact!
Gary
Thanks Gary. Is the picture I posted the correct place as to where it needs to be installed at to reduce the drone and give it that more 'throaty' sound?

Old 04-05-2017, 02:17 PM
In the pic you posted shows the crossover pipe (short pipe between the two front pipe's) that's where the x-pipe goes replacing the crossover! The pipes behind the resonators must be shortened so everything lines up! Took my muffler guy an hour and he didn't even write anything down, just measured...Gary

Old 04-06-2017, 09:10 AM
In the pic you posted shows the crossover pipe (short pipe between the two front pipe's) that's where the x-pipe goes replacing the crossover! The pipes behind the resonators must be shortened so everything lines up! Took my muffler guy an hour and he didn't even write anything down, just measured...Gary

One more question for you that I cant seem to find. The 6 or 8 inch extension pipes. Should I put them in between the cats and the y pipe, or the y pipe and the mid pipe?

Old 04-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
One more question for you that I cant seem to find. The 6 or 8 inch extension pipes. Should I put them in between the cats and the y pipe, or the y pipe and the mid pipe?
If you ordered the replica for your G35, why do you think you need an extension? Extensions were only needed if you bought an exhaust system for the 350Z cars, they're too short for our G35 coupes! Also, you mentioned the Y-Pipe, the HKS and even the replica is a true "Cat-Back" system that eliminates the y-pipe! From your posts apparently you've been reading a lot, you need to read the articles again and separate what applies to you...Gary

Old 04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
If you ordered the replica for your G35, why do you think you need an extension? Extensions were only needed if you bought an exhaust system for the 350Z cars, they're too short for our G35 coupes! Also, you mentioned the Y-Pipe, the HKS and even the replica is a true "Cat-Back" system that eliminates the y-pipe! From your posts apparently you've been reading a lot, you need to read the articles again and separate what applies to you...Gary
These come with the extension pipes so this exhaust works for both 350's and G35's as advertised
Here is a picture of said exhaust. All I really need to know is if I should put them in front of the 'y-pipe' or whatever you would call it on this one and the cats or further back. I have heard many different things.

Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow x-pipe.-exhaust.jpg  
Old 04-06-2017, 01:04 PM
The extensions go behind the converters, but let whom ever installs the exhaust decide since installing the x-pipe will require cutting and welding! You did get the x-pipe and not the thing that looks like a muffler? Due to the issues with the HKS exhaust some members call the bulky muffler that has the x-pipe inside just that. Actually, x-pipe isn't much larger than your hand...confused yet?
Gary

Old 04-06-2017, 01:24 PM
The extensions go behind the converters, but let whom ever installs the exhaust decide since installing the x-pipe will require cutting and welding! You did get the x-pipe and not the thing that looks like a muffler? Due to the issues with the HKS exhaust some members call the bulky muffler that has the x-pipe inside just that. Actually, x-pipe isn't much larger than your hand...confused yet?
Gary
Lol I got the actual x-pipe. I am putting the exhaust on in my shop and then taking it to my buddy who has a muffler shop to put on the x-pipe.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
Lol I got the actual x-pipe. Good I am putting the exhaust on in my shop and then taking it to my buddy who has a muffler shop to put on the x-pipe. You're doing the job twice, most of the system needs to come off to insert the x-pipe!
Gary

Old 04-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Gary
I am only doing it once. My buddy is doing it once as well. This is my daily driver and its going to be a little big before the x-pipe comes in and I already have a awful exhaust leak at the flex pipes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.