G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP KEY WONT TURN!!!! 06 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front side of key. is this key normal?

Attached Thumbnails HELP KEY WONT TURN!!!! 06 G35x-infiniti-key-front.jpg   HELP KEY WONT TURN!!!! 06 G35x-infiniti-key.jpg  
Old 04-30-2017, 10:23 PM
pull key in and out 6 times in 10 secs would that help or only hurt? That's how you set the elec controle thing so i saw on youtube.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Also while we are trying to get this key problem solved how can I unlock the steering wheel since it got locked after the key was already locked. We got the windows fixed that's 1 down 2 more problems top go.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:09 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperMariosBro
Also while we are trying to get this key problem solved how can I unlock the steering wheel since it got locked after the key was already locked. We got the windows fixed that's 1 down 2 more problems top go.
The steering wheel will get unlocked when you are able to turn the key. Buy powdered graphite and use it in the lock. That's always the first thing to do when a lock has a problem. You can even grind down the head of a pencil and use that since it's graphite and works just as well if you can grind it fine enough or use a sharp knife to scrape dust off the sides of the graphite from that pencil.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
If you have an automatic transmission there's a little panel at the top left of the shifter trim. Pop the panel off and push down to click a little button that will release the steering wheel. Then put the panel back on and you should be good to go there. As mentioned above the key belongs in an electronic fob, you should go back to the guy that sold you the car and ask him for it. It's BS he sold the vehicle w/o it.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
If you have an automatic transmission there's a little panel at the top left of the shifter trim. Pop the panel off and push down to click a little button that will release the steering wheel. Then put the panel back on and you should be good to go there. As mentioned above the key belongs in an electronic fob, you should go back to the guy that sold you the car and ask him for it. It's BS he sold the vehicle w/o it.
I can't go back to guy idk his number or location it was a craigslist sale we met at a location not house so you know, so no one could be robbed.. I am very confused about "fob" isn't fob just a remote? does my key pic look normal? it worked 10 20 times then stopped.

Im 2 secs away from trying to take the thing apart and removing the actual plastic switch off the back of the key tumbler the actual switch part and using a screwdriver i seen it done on youtube just now. Damn car.

It's auto. So it has a simple button under the cover behind the steering wheel? I'm going to go rip the dang thing apart in a few I don't have much choice.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
"Blue" the release button for shift lock?

Old 05-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
The steering wheel will get unlocked when you are able to turn the key. Buy powdered graphite and use it in the lock. That's always the first thing to do when a lock has a problem. You can even grind down the head of a pencil and use that since it's graphite and works just as well if you can grind it fine enough or use a sharp knife to scrape dust off the sides of the graphite from that pencil.
pencil lead dust on the key?

Old 05-01-2017, 01:02 PM
pencil lead dust on the key?
Yes. It's not lead in pencils as most people think... It's graphite. You'd be better off going to an auto parts store or hardware store and buying a cheap tube of powdered graphite, but if you're ever in a jam and need it immediately the pencil trick works.

Just make sure it's a black pencil and not a colored one. I'm not sure what they use in colored pencils.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:12 PM
whats the graphite do that would be kind of like sand paper in the lock? I thought i would want to lube it up? I seen a guy with a lock problem and his AAA insurance just used wd40 and fixed his switch which is why i tried it like 5 times.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:13 PM
what's the graphite do?

Old 05-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Also my cars not push button start i think someone said that. It's turn key start no start button.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
Also my cars not push button start i think someone said that. It's turn key start no start button.
If you had the fob, you wouldn't need to insert the key to start it. The fob sends a signal that allows you to start it. You have to still turn the switch though.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Can infiniti get me what i need the fob and key thing if i give them my vin numbers or what not? I was just trying to drill the damn key switch off and drill bit broke then rained on me so i said screw it ill have it towed lol.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM
whats the graphite do that would be kind of like sand paper in the lock? I thought i would want to lube it up? I seen a guy with a lock problem and his AAA insurance just used wd40 and fixed his switch which is why i tried it like 5 times.
The graphite is a lubricant for the lock. Graphite is soft and slippery (not grainy and coarse as you described with the sand reference) and it acts as a dry lubricant that does not attract dirt like a liquid does and won't gum up your lock internals. It's the recommended lubricant for any locking mechanism if you know anything about locks or do a little research. Talk to any locksmith and they'll tell you the same.

The difference in how smoothly a lock works before and after lubricating it with graphite is unbelievable. Try it sometime in your house locks... It's well worth it. I try to make it a point to lube up all the locks in my house and vehicles about once every year to year and a half whether they need it or not just to avoid potential problems... and I've never had any problems with that, even living in the North East where we get tons of snow and miserable cold weather for a good chunk of the year.

Story time....
About 3 months ago my girlfriend's apartment building had a sticky front door lock that had not been working right for weeks. The people downstairs from her used WD-40 on it and it would work better for a day or two, but then get sticky and difficult again. I showed them the pencil lead trick and the lock has been fine ever since. Needless to say, their mind was blown and they always call me MacGyver now whenever they see me in passing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.