G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

what rims? And muffler delete? 350z shocks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what rims? And muffler delete? 350z shocks?

What are some nice rims for the sedan? I painted the factory ones black which made them look almost aftermarket and i feel really helped the look but I need nicer. I love bmw cars anyone ever put factory bmw rims on an infiniti or do they not bolt? Whats a good looking rim?

And muffler delete i see under the like rear seat is a 2nd muffler and then the other muffler under the bumper. I want to remove the rear muffler and make it just a pipe with the stock exhaust tip so it looks factory but nicer sound. Driving normal in an auto it can't be that loud right? A shop said $100 to do which is ok price i think. How loud is that? What about if i had the mid muffler also removed?

And i want it lowered but all the spring kits are like 2-3 inch drops and i seen something about 350 z shocks lowering it just 1 inch which would be perfect anyone know about 350z shocks on g35 and mines the X awd. And is it just springs or whole shocks?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't help you much in other areas but as far as the muffler delete, many people say it's ghetto fabulous and makes your car tacky-- WRONG.
I absolutely LOVE it, i've heard other exhaust in person and they sound pretty similar. As far as drone goes, there is some when you're in auto and accel pretty slowly but afterwards, it's a nice mellow grumble from there. It's loud when you want it to be but I like to be loud all the time, so I always get on it when I want. I personally didn't feel much of a shift in power ( even though i'm craving more at this point), so don't be worried about power loss in the lower rpm's. All-in-all, I think you'll love and to be honest, the G has such a nice tone to it that you'd have to be on a mission to make it sound like complete **** to mess anything up..

Have fun and hope this helps.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Use the search box. Most of your questions can be found there.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I will answer the questions as they are written. 1. There are literally thousands to choose from, maybe insert a pic of what you are into. 2. What BMW? There are hundreds of BMW cars manufactured. 3. I think Volks are good looking rims. 4. It is loud and ridiculous, aside from the fact that you will lose HP from it. You might impress some children, but that's about it. 5. The more you remove from the stock exhaust the more you will lose. Just fork out the money and get an actual cat back. 6. There are spring kits that lower anywhere from <1" to >3"....look around. 7. Yes, 350z springs "can" fit the 35. What specific springs are you looking at? 8. Is what just springs or the whole shock? You can get one or the other or both. I hope I answered all your questions.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by G35freaks
I will answer the questions as they are written. 1. There are literally thousands to choose from, maybe insert a pic of what you are into. 2. What BMW? There are hundreds of BMW cars manufactured. 3. I think Volks are good looking rims. 4. It is loud and ridiculous, aside from the fact that you will lose HP from it. You might impress some children, but that's about it. 5. The more you remove from the stock exhaust the more you will lose. Just fork out the money and get an actual cat back. 6. There are spring kits that lower anywhere from <1" to >3"....look around. 7. Yes, 350z springs "can" fit the 35. What specific springs are you looking at? 8. Is what just springs or the whole shock? You can get one or the other or both. I hope I answered all your questions.
Anyone considering our favorite Ghetto mod muffler delete, wouldn't be looking for Volk or BMW wheels seriously! G35 '06 coupe 19" wheels are the best addition for first gen sedans! They're normally available from our Marketplace under Private Classified.
All of his questions can be answered by doing a simple SEARCH! For all you new members remember Search is your friend. There isn't a question you can think of that
hasn't already been answered.
Gary

Old 05-02-2017, 12:37 PM
^^ valid point

Old 05-03-2017, 12:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's entirely your opinion and I beg to disagree on it being "ridiculous" and trying to "impress children". You're deluded thinking you HAVE to spin upwards of $800 for a good exhaust when something like that will suit most people's needs.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Ok, thanks.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
I'm amazed at this newbie's level of knowledge on quality exhausts, because $800 is so much money for a used, research developed exhaust.

OP this car is not a Civic. People don't buy **** exhausts just because they want a sound change from stock. Leave your car alone. You can't make it sound better for under $800.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
I'm amazed at this newbie's level of knowledge on quality exhausts, because $800 is so much money for a used, research developed exhaust.

OP this car is not a Civic. People don't buy **** exhausts just because they want a sound change from stock. Leave your car alone. You can't make it sound better for under $800.

I live you Urban. But you are wrong on this one. You can go to a Muffler shop and have them fab up a custom exhaust for less than 800.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:20 PM
^^^I don't know a lot about exhausts, but I doubt a muffler shop will match the quality of the engineering and R&D that goes into this stuff that most companies put out.

Will it work, sure...But will it have the same gains, prob not.

I had a Jeep fitted with a custom exhaust from a local muffler shop......It worked, but that's about it. I would never make that mistake again.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:58 PM
^^^I don't know a lot about exhausts, but I doubt a muffler shop will match the quality of the engineering and R&D that goes into this stuff that most companies put out.

Will it work, sure...But will it have the same gains, prob not.

I had a Jeep fitted with a custom exhaust from a local muffler shop......It worked, but that's about it. I would never make that mistake again.

I don't know what muffler shop you go to that don't have anything more than just pipes lol.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:21 PM
No idea what that means

....Ohhhh after reading three times I get it. Yes, most muffler shops have pipes.

Last edited by G35freaks; 05-03-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:42 PM
No idea what that means

....Ohhhh after reading three times I get it. Yes, most muffler shops have pipes.
So all your muffler shop has is pipes? Then I suggest you move out of BFE and get a decent and creditable shop to manufacture something.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
I don't know what muffler shop you go to that don't have anything more than just pipes lol.
Originally Posted by 03G35C6MT
So all your muffler shop has is pipes? Then I suggest you move out of BFE and get a decent and creditable shop to manufacture something.
Name:  Englishmf_zps6iff5vtf.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  103.9 KB

He never said he got only pipes as a custom exhaust, not sure where that came from. Also if it were me before I gave someone **** I'd make sure I used proper language, syntax, spelling, grammar etc. Your posts make you look like the fool, the exact opposite result that you were expecting so:

Name:  wtf-not-the-reaction-youd-be-hoping-for-demotivational-poster-1250769688_zpskuepatuw.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  25.0 KB

Last edited by Blue Dream; 05-03-2017 at 07:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.