G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Interior Lights Dont Work with doors!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Interior Lights Dont Work with doors!

Hey guys!

So my 03 G35 Coupe dome light do NOT work when the doors are open, either side. Switch is in DOOR position.

Both doors so, clearly the door switch is fine. Lights are new LED's - doesnt work. Halogens dont either. Work when pressed for MAP light feature. Checked fuses inside, fusible link in battery area. did a battery disconnect to hopefully reset the BCM - no avail. Any ideas guys?? I really need these things to work. Theyre so super bright and I loved them when they did work! Lol.

Thanks!

Mike

Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
BCM is probably fried, I had the same issue last winter, BCM reset did not work, I ended up buying a used one on ebay for like 80 bucks and had the shop swap it for me, that solved the issue, then I had to have my keys reprogrammed and the remotestart reset

Old 05-17-2017, 04:00 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
You know there is a switch on the dome light cluster that lets you choose how the lights are actuated, right? I'm assuming you've played around with that?

If you have an electrical multimeter, use it to check if you're getting any power to the sockets on the dome lights. This will allow you to eliminate all of your bulbs as a contributing factor.

The dome light switch could be messed up... possibly not making contact anymore due to wear or rust from moisture getting into the area... particularly if you've ever had a leaky sunroof, or possibly a rodent chewed through the wires going to the assembly.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know there is a switch on the dome light cluster that lets you choose how the lights are actuated, right? I'm assuming you've played around with that?
I went a few days wondering why the heck aren't my lights working, when I first got my G. Easy fix, and was about to offer the same advice. OP Check the switch. Start cheap then work your way up if you have too.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by five6viiate
Switch is in DOOR position.
Per his original post, I think he's got that covered.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanY
Per his original post, I think he's got that covered.
Thanks... I get irritated when I take the time to write a post and include all the information I am able to and people don't take the time to read the damn thing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.