G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2007 G35 coupe AT manual mode not shifting at times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35 coupe AT manual mode not shifting at times

Hey guys, maybe someone can weigh in on this one.

I usually prefer to go on manual mode on my 07 G35 coupe. I've had this issue for a while now where sometimes when I push the lever forward to shift up, the upshift does not happen. Downshifts work pretty much all the time as expected. But the upshifts are very spotty at times. If I keep fiddling with the shifter, eventually upshifts start working. Initially I thought it happened mostly when it was cold, but now even in quite warm weather the same thing happens. I have no trouble on automatic transmission mode.

Could this be as simple as something to do with a switch at the shift gate? Doesn't look like something major in the transmission to me (at least I hope so). Anyone else came through this scenario?

Old 05-17-2017, 05:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
My car's had an issue with the MM 3 or 4 times in the 8 years I've owned it. Would move the shift **** over to play with the gears and nada. It wouldn't last very long and I really don't remember when or why it started acting normally again. I just chalked it up to a computer glitch or something and moved on.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Doesn't sound like anything too serious, when was the last time you did a drain/fill on your AT? Living in Ca. and a warm area, I change mine once a year. You might also let your AT shift itself for a while, it's possible your AT doesn't like how you shift!
Gary

Old 05-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drain n fill trans fluid according to the service schedule. Actually a little sooner. Not every year though coz I don't put on a lot of miles on this. At 136k now n did the fluid change around 120k. I am mostly on AT anyway, so it shudnt feel bad about it :P N I am sure my shift points are good (i shift at least around 4k rpm)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.