G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Electrical/Random Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Electrical/Random Issues

So - in a previous thread I had mentioned my "Cabin/Room Lights" were inop when either door was opened, however worked in MAP mode (by pressing them individually) Still true. I also noticed that my "Auto" headlights are ALWAYS on. Doesn't matter how bright it is outside. And my wiper washer motor appears to have taken a crap. So, my question is... the lighting issues - do these seem like BCM (Body Control Module) related?

I have an appointment with Flemington Infiniti (Flemington, NJ) to take care of two existing recalls and to do a diagnosis on whats causing these issues, quoted $65. I located a BCM for $55 which I will purchase used, should it turn out to be that.

I think the Wiper Washer pump is just shot. It doesn't make any sound whatsoever, but the wipers turn on as if it were working.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Old 05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Check to see if the washer pump is getting 12v at the harness connector when the the switch is engaged. That will tell you whether it's the pump or some sort of wiring issue. Washer pumps often seize up from lack of use and water deposits on the impeller - I'm not familiar with the G35 pump specifically but I've revived pumps on other vehicles by taking them apart and cleaning them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.