reliablity - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

reliablity

Old 07-16-2017, 02:48 AM

reliablity

Im looking into a 2003 G35 and was wondering the reliability is on this year and model. The owner says everything under the hood is good but it also has 152K miles on it. What should i look out for with this milage and model? And is it worth the buy?
Old 07-16-2017, 07:07 AM

A fifteen year old vehicle has most parts at or near end of life.
Have the vehicle inspected by an Infiniti dealer and have them run the VIN number for you.
Was this vehicle purchased in your state or elsewhere with perhaps a washed title?
Any evidence of an accident/flood?
Any stored codes?
Inspect brake pads, rotors, tires, alignment
Make sure you have a few thousand dollars in reserve for any unexpected repairs.

Good luck

Telcoman
Old 07-16-2017, 09:27 AM
SLICK

Thanked 1,032 Times in 917 Posts
Any car with that kinda mileage could easily become a $$ well, even if it was in perfect condition now! Parts wear out and with all the electrical sensors you'd need a bank to watch your back! Don't do it! Look for an '08 or newer with 1/3rd that mileage and you'll have a great ride!
Gary
Old 07-16-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livcola View Post
Im looking into a 2003 G35 and was wondering the reliability is on this year and model. The owner says everything under the hood is good but it also has 152K miles on it. What should i look out for with this milage and model? And is it worth the buy?
I bought my 03 with 144k and have had little to no problems. I'll let you know what's gone wrong, my headlight went out which was $40 for a new bulb, $40 an o2 sensor, my intake plastic boot ripped so I got a Z-tube (thankful for that ripping), and had to replace a washer on my oil Drain plug which was $10. Other than that it's been all normal maintenance, spark plugs, oil, brakes, fluids, belts, stuff like that. It now has 153k on it so it hasn't been too long but I can tell you if there's a maintained document log, I don't see a problem. Mine has record all the way to 110k from th dealer. The 34k from the 2nd owner, he had it written down as well. These cars last as long as they have been taken care of. I know people with well over 220k that are going strong. My dads VQ30 (different motor I know) has 320k when he sold it and it was running perfect! He had another wih 235k! These cars are built to last, just make sure it's been treated right
Old 07-16-2017, 11:20 PM

Fully agree with the above, these cars are built to last and are solid. I had the same worried when I bought my 2003 coupe a few years back. Mind you mine only had 35,000 miles and is still a garage queen but reading some of the doomsday problem threads here made me paranoid but so far, other than oil changes and brake pads, new filters not a single issue. Doesn't even burn any oil.

You didn't mention a price. How much is seller asking? What is a must is an pre-purchase inspection, not from a mechanic, but from an Infiniti dealer as telcoman suggested. They will have access to all the service and work performed and you can see if the original owners complained about any problems such as oil consumption during the warranty period. It will all be documented. If you see no complaints on OC within the first 5-6 years you may have found a decent car. Any other problems they find can be used to discuss a better price with the seller. If the inspection checks out and the price is reasonable and reflects the mileage, I would not hesitate either