G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Nobody is spoiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Nobody is spoiled

K guys. you young studs tell me how you were able to get your rides and why you think the Gee's are the stuff. Just how hard did you work for it? The Truth first. Effort =Results What was your efforts? The young is the future. And if you want to "mod" ask some of the many sharp people here. Its your turn.!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
Well, as I said in my thread, my parents bought me the car. To tell you the truth, my family is not wealthy, we are just upper middle class. My dad bought me the care becuase he knew that I am working hard in school to make something of my life and giving me this car was not in vain. My G was a graduation present and in a sense, I feel that I have earned it. I worked hard in high school taking rigorous honors and AP classes finishing 7/4xx students of my class with a 4.6 weighted GPA. I am transferring to USC next year as a neuroscience major.

I believe that when you work hard, you deserve to get things in return. That is what life is all about and things like this motivate you to reach higher. While receiving a G for my efforts in high school may be contestable to some of you (and even me sometimes), you must be living in the context of my situation. My dad is an immigrant and working hard in your life to give your children things you never had is innate in his culture.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Omar
Well, as I said in my thread, my parents bought me the car. To tell you the truth, my family is not wealthy, we are just upper middle class. My dad bought me the care becuase he knew that I am working hard in school to make something of my life and giving me this car was not in vain. My G was a graduation present and in a sense, I feel that I have earned it. I worked hard in high school taking rigorous honors and AP classes finishing 7/4xx students of my class with a 4.6 weighted GPA. I am transferring to USC next year as a neuroscience major.

I believe that when you work hard, you deserve to get things in return. That is what life is all about and things like this motivate you to reach higher. While receiving a G for my efforts in high school may be contestable to some of you (and even me sometimes), you must be living in the context of my situation. My dad is an immigrant and working hard in your life to give your children things you never had is innate in his culture.
yes you understand. the results will come.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:56 AM
"... My dad is an immigrant and working hard in your life to give your children things you never had is innate in his culture." (Omar)

Well put, no one should feel guilty for their parents' ability to buy them a G at 18...

I bet all he wants is for you to focus on your school work, rather than taking a p/t job at burger king to buy yourself a car.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well... ive never gotten a ****in thing from my parents or anyone for that matter... i graduated high school at 17 joined the air force used that up for training and school.. now im a contractor for DOD in Iraq making 6 figures.. and I did it all by myself with no help from anyone...from the ground up! I came to Iraq for the tax free money and all that for a year or two and then im gonna come home and start my business up.! I just turned 23..

lata

Old 03-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
hey im just curious, but what exactly is it that you do though? i know your a contractor for DOD as you said. Im betting DOD is a construction co.? How did you land that job?

Old 03-02-2005, 02:31 AM
no you are completely wrong.. I work for ITT systems.. its IT related.. I work with long haul communications and things.. I cant get into to much detail for security reasons. I had a gs-11 job in the states but i turned it down to come here. I wanted to experience this plus the pay is ridiculous!

Old 03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
and FYI DOD means Department Of Defense.

damn sounds like your school must be tuff.. how is usc? I always wanted to go there! lucky man you are

Last edited by paranormal; 03-02-2005 at 02:35 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Stay safe!

Old 03-02-2005, 02:37 AM
DOD is "Department of defense". The government has all kinds of jobs for civilian contracts in Iraq. They are not necessarily and most are not construction jobs (although there are some of those).

Old 03-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Florida G35 Club
hey im just curious, but what exactly is it that you do though? i know your a contractor for DOD as you said. Im betting DOD is a construction co.? How did you land that job?
Sorry I own a company I started in1996 and it is in the print industrie.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:43 AM
MyG37 Administrator

Parents also bought me the car, I'm making awesome grades in college, my dad makes plenty of money, no need for me to work. Its not wrong to have stuff handed to you. I appreciate everythin I have, I always say thank you, I never take ANYTHING or ANYONE for granted. I get my education and its straight off to the big leagues from there! Its all my father wants outta me, its all I want too. My graduation present is on order from Italy. Vroom vroom.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
ohhh haha, i feel retarded now that i think of it. dod= dept of defense. it is the only logical inference because iraq contractors are through the govt

anyways thats awesome your only 23 and big ballin. very nice

Old 03-02-2005, 03:34 AM

I'm sorry but not everyone gets a nice car for getting good grades. Actually, most of the people with amazing grades don't get anything other than scholarship from school. You never earned anything until you buy it with your OWN MONEY. When you work hard, you do get things in return: you get a better job and better knowledge when you are done with school. To say you "earned" it by making good grades doesn't sound right to me. I am in similar situation and most of my friends are immigrants, so I understand the culture. Just don't try to convince yourself that you earned it and see it as a gift from your father, because it is... without your father, you wouldn't have gotten anything for getting good grades from someone. Just wanted to point it out.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
i said i earned it in a sense*, but i also stated that i dont feel i earned something of this stature. I wasnt even expecting a G to tell you the truth. Ang getting good grades isn't so much my justification, it is my parent's justification.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nobody is spoiled