G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

should I keep it? or nah..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should I keep it? or nah..

So last November i bought a 2004 g35 5AT. i wasnt very smart and was just so excited to get it and wasnt really considering everything that the car was. its been several months and have put multiple thousands of dollars into the car, with it having 176k miles now. 168k when i bought it. had the upper/lower control arms, inner/outer tierods, knuckles, struts, ect. replaced along with some other smaller stuff. it has some rust on the rear quarter panels around the wheel well.
all things considered, idk if i should keep it or not. with everything being in good working condition now. but the very high miles. ive never seen anyones G35 on here have that high mileage.
i want to do a lot of mods to this car, performance and visual wise. but idk if it would be a good idea, since im not sure how long the car is going to last. i was considering doing what i want to the car, and when the time comes to put it to rest, i just take the parts ive put into it and put it on a newer, less wore out, g35. if you guys could give me a big of advice id be very greatful. thank you

Old 08-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you're maintaining the oil changes, tranny isnt having any issues and everything is working good, why not keep it? Your neighbor may have a corvette while your other neighbor may have a corolla, who cares what u drive. You have an excellent vehicle u spent thousands on. If youre worried about maintenance on high mileage in the future like lets say a PS rack or something, just know you may to change that aswell in your newer car and it may cost you more. Unless you have an extra couple thousand to spend, keep it and save up until something tragic happens to the G. Thats my imo

Old 08-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by CHIEN05G35x
If you're maintaining the oil changes, tranny isnt having any issues and everything is working good, why not keep it? Your neighbor may have a corvette while your other neighbor may have a corolla, who cares what u drive. You have an excellent vehicle u spent thousands on. If youre worried about maintenance on high mileage in the future like lets say a PS rack or something, just know you may to change that aswell in your newer car and it may cost you more. Unless you have an extra couple thousand to spend, keep it and save up until something tragic happens to the G. Thats my imo
been doing oil changes every 3-3.5k. had tranny flush about 6k miles ago.
im more concerned with the body than the engine or tranny. was thinking of doing a swap anyway.
it was driven in the winter a few times as far as i know. im not planning on driving it this winter, a bit of rust on the underside. any concerns there? the rust on the body would be a bit pricey i would imagine

Old 08-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Some guy clocked 278k on his VQ35DE.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-miles-32.html

In my opinion, no sports car comes bulletproof. The VQ35DE engine has been proven to be one of the best engines that are ever made (It won the JD Power best engine for I don't even remembered how many consecutive years). I bought my G35 back in 07 with 38k miles on it. It was a 03 fully loaded with 6MT. Drove it all the way until 100k and not ONE single component broke during the time of ownership. I did not baby the car. I drove it hard. Every turn and every corner.

A car with 170k miles is certainly higher than usual. But with these cars, if all items have been sorted and replaced, you can achieve some serious numbers on the motor as long as you take care of them.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by jlo0109
Some guy clocked 278k on his VQ35DE.

In my opinion, no sports car comes bulletproof. The VQ35DE engine has been proven to be one of the best engines that are ever made (It won the JD Power best engine for I don't even remembered how many consecutive years). I bought my G35 back in 07 with 38k miles on it. It was a 03 fully loaded with 6MT. Drove it all the way until 100k and not ONE single component broke during the time of ownership. I did not baby the car. I drove it hard. Every turn and every corner.

A car with 170k miles is certainly higher than usual. But with these cars, if all items have been sorted and replaced, you can achieve some serious numbers on the motor as long as you take care of them.
i plan on taking care of it, was thinking of a 2jz swap eventually. not sure yet. but i do really like this car and am a bit bummed that it has so many miles. with all the front end work done im hoping it'll last quite a while before i need to do that again

Old 08-29-2017, 07:22 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by jlo0109
Some guy clocked 345,411 on his VQ35DE.
Fixed for ya.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:14 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Rust sucks... if you have rust on the quarter panels, i would put it up on a lift and take a very serious look at the core of the unibody\frame and make sure it's not too bad before you sink a bunch more into it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.