G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Driver side power seat fuse

Old 09-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side power seat fuse

Hello, guys!

New here, looking for a bit of help.

My driver side seat in my 05 coupe sometimes moves forward/backward on it's own. I know this a common issue.

What I am looking to do is simply pull the fuse that powers this seat. I've looked EVERYWHERE and can not find any info. I did download a copy of the service manual as per someone's suggestion. The manual references the fuse but doesn't tell me where it is. Pretty dangerous as my seat went as far back as possible this morning as I was on an on-ramp to a bridge. Was totally scary, lol.

Hoping someone can give me some insight before I have to leave the office today. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-18-2017, 04:14 PM
PS: On my lunch break, I did pull the 10A IGN Elec Parts fuse under the dash on the driver's side, but I could still move the seat with the power buttons afterwards. The clock/display did go out, so I know pulling the fuse worked, but obviously it didn't control the power to my seat.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:16 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Page 13 has diagrams for all component locations including the fuses.

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Coupe/2005/se

I suspect something was spilled into the power seat switch assembly which is causing the rubber dome switches to stick and/or operate on their own. There are two screws on the side of the switch panel holding it in place, it can be disassembled if you're careful, everything comes apart it's just plastic tabs holding the case together. You can use electrical contact cleaner to remove any debris and a TINY amount of silicone grease to lubricate the switches.

Follow the troubleshooting steps first to verify the switch is stuck closed.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:58 PM
I did see that, and my J/B fuse box looks different than the one illustrated unless they are excluding spots in the illustration. If I'm reading it correctly, I need to pull the TRUNK LAMP DTRL fuse and the ROOM LAMP fuse? Please advise!

Appreciate the help.

EDIT: I may try pulling the BAT - Elec Parts fuse after work if I do not get an answer.

Last edited by KARMA_G35; 09-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The other option that's a LOT easier than tinkering around trying to find the right fuse is to simply unplug the motor, adjust the seat to the exact location you want, remove the 2 screws from the plastic trim section on the front of the seat, the sliding track motor is the one that's directly below the seat switches on the inboard side. It's connected to a gearbox assembly right at the front of the seat and is easy to unplug.

Then you can go deep in the troubleshooting steps sometime in the future.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:09 PM
I got it done. Ended up being the TRUNK LAMP DTRL fuse that powered the forward/backward motion of the seat.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.