G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2003 Coupe Mechanical or Electronic clutch fan? How to tell?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Coupe Mechanical or Electronic clutch fan? How to tell?

Hello, so I've been browsing around and haven't seemed to be able to find out how to tell whether I have a Mechanical or an Electronic clutch fan and I could use some help.
Basically I found out that I don't know, and don't know how to tell which kind of fan I have. Finding this all out when I went to order an AC belt as well as a serpentine belt as my car is nearly at the 100k mile mark and has begun to squeal pretty often and I figured I may as well replace both belts at the same time.

I'm currently looking at the belts over on Rock Auto http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/i...rive,belt,8900 specifically the "premium" Continental belts, however as you can see there are two different belts for 03 G35s and I have no idea whether I need the W/ 36-1/2" Belt or the W/ 37-1/4" Belt to go along with the Serpentine belt listed below them, which is really why I'm needing to know which kind of fan I have in the first place, and if you're able to tell me which belt goes with which fan that would be a real life saver.

My car is a 2003 Manual coupe and the date inside the drivers door says 02/03 with the VIN being JNKCV54E63M212611 if it helps at all. If I'm somehow able to tell what fan I have without going under the car that would be great as well, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
You have electric fans. Mechanical clutch fans were only put on the very early sedans..like the ones made in 02 or some ****.

The following users liked this post:
Iholzer (11-28-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.