Web-based BCM PIN Decoder Tool (NATS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypnopirate
Damn it oil took a pic of the wrong sticker
C0DC2, I think.

And trying to turn my phone upside down to read the code didn't work. Stupid accelerometers.

Note that '0' is a zero, not a capital 'OH'. There are no letters past 'F' in hex.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the 5 Digit Pin 1CD11? this is from a 2003 Skyline Coupe 350GT (JDM)

Old 07-18-2018, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by evident
Is the 5 Digit Pin 1CD11? this is from a 2003 Skyline Coupe 350GT (JDM)

That should be it. If you try the wrong code, it'll just fail rather than messing anything up.

Last edited by raygun; 07-18-2018 at 11:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
evident (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Thanks - I ended up getting a locksmith to do this for me without the code- they were able to just take an existing key and clone it.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
going though the history, This might come in handy with my engine swap. The folks that have Nissan DataScan II, did you buy it straight from Nissan DataScan?

Old 04-23-2020, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Qiko_G35
going though the history, This might come in handy with my engine swap. The folks that have Nissan DataScan II, did you buy it straight from Nissan DataScan?
Yes. I got the VAG OBD2 cable from Amazon IIRC.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:46 PM
2005 Nissan Xterra
2005 Nissan Xterra

Originally Posted by raygun
I found this while swapping an engine into my 06 6MT Coupe a few months ago. It works. Enter the PIN from the BCM (behind driver’s left kick panel - a five digit hexadecimal code) and it’ll provide a decrypted four-digit code.

http://keytechtools.com/bcmcodes/index.php

(I know it says "20 digit" conversion on the page, but it works fine for the 5-digit PINs from the G. )

No idea how long this tool will be online, but it’s been there for awhile, and I can confirm that it works.

I used a VAG cable (about $10 off of Amazon) and Nissan DataScan software with this to get around a NATS error due to a new ECM. After getting the decrypted code, and using the NDS software (which requests that code), I was able to pair my keys with the new ECM / BCM combination, and everything works great.

If anyone finds this far in the future, and the linked site is dead, you can always pay someone $20 on JustAnswer to decrypt it for you. If I were less ethical and didn’t like sleeping at night, I’d just charge people $10/pop for decoding and go use this site.

(I don’t own the linked site, nor am I affiliated with it in any way. In fact, I have no idea what the purpose of that site is, but it’s darn handy.)
Hello

I lost my keys for my Xterra few months ago. A locksmith made me a key and stated that my original if found will not work. Fast forward, I found my original keys. Fast forward, I lost the keys the locksmith made for me. I am in need of help if anyone can to how I reverse what the locksmith did so I can get the original keys to work again. I dont have any tools and really strapped for money right now.

Please help!!!

GUS

Old 08-10-2022, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by NissanHT2005
Hello

I lost my keys for my Xterra few months ago. A locksmith made me a key and stated that my original if found will not work. Fast forward, I found my original keys. Fast forward, I lost the keys the locksmith made for me. I am in need of help if anyone can to how I reverse what the locksmith did so I can get the original keys to work again. I dont have any tools and really strapped for money right now.

Please help!!!

GUS
I'm just assuming that the xterra system works the same way as the one in the G35 here, which may not be the case. What year is your truck?

Unfortunately, there's no cheap solution here. The locksmith should be able to pair the old key to the car, assuming they didn't replace the lock cylinder. That should be less expensive than having to buy a new key and have it cut.

With Nissan Datascan and the VAG cable, you could pair the key to the car, but the cost of the software and the cable will lilkely exceed what it would take to get the locksmith to take care of it, you have to have a laptop, you have to take some interior bits off to get the PIN for the car, etc. Unless you're willing to go through the learning curve of doing all of this stuff, I'd just bite the bullet and call the locksmith.

I'd also suggest getting an AirTag or Tile keyfob to keep this from happening again. I once had to pay Mazda $400 for a new key, and have the car towed to the dealer, after my kids stole the only one we had to my wife's car. I found the original key about a year later.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:23 PM
2005 Nissan Xterra
NissanHT2005

Thank you for your reply.
it's a 2005 Nissan Xterra.
He didnt change the lock cylinder.

So what's preventing the original key from cranking the car? Is it the chip inside that is not able to communicate with the car computer?

If that's the case, can I just makr a key without the chip just like how the locksmith did ?

Gus

Old 08-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Are you saying that the locksmith did not do anything special to pair the new key to the car? Nothing with a computer, scan tool, magic wand?

The car's computer(s) keeps a "white list" of recognized keys that it will allow to start the car. If your key isn't paired to the car - which can only be done using either a working key or a _good_ diagnostic tool - then the computer just won't turn on things like ignition and fuel delivery. It'll still crank, it just won't start.

On my G35, the car would crank with any key that fit the cylinder - it just wouldn't start. (Fun fact: it would also crank with the ECM completely removed from the car - but, of course, it wouldn't start.)

Again, I'm going off of G35 knowledge here. I suspect it's the same system, but I don't know for sure.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:34 PM
2005 Nissan Xterra
NissanHT2005

Hello
thank you for your reply.
I believe he did use a data tool that he had hooked up because he said to me that once I do this the original key won't work. I said Ok. But the key was just a normal key no fob or anything atrached to it.

Gus

Old 08-10-2022, 01:37 PM
That's not surprising. The key has an embedded resistor that is different for each key. The car measures that resistance and uses that value to determine if it's a valid key. The resistor (or "chip") isn't always visible. On my car, it was embedded in the rubber / plastic "handle" part of the key. It didn't need a separate fob or anything. For instance, the titanium key that came with my car could be used to open doors and the trunk, but it could not start the car.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:47 PM
2005 Nissan Xterra
NissaHT2005

Originally Posted by raygun
That's not surprising. The key has an embedded resistor that is different for each key. The car measures that resistance and uses that value to determine if it's a valid key. The resistor (or "chip") isn't always visible. On my car, it was embedded in the rubber / plastic "handle" part of the key. It didn't need a separate fob or anything. For instance, the titanium key that came with my car could be used to open doors and the trunk, but it could not start the car.
I see. Thank you for your reply.
I guess at this point I can't afford getting going so ill drive my old no AC 1991 Honda Civic. Its killing me in this heat lol.

Thank you again

Old 08-10-2022, 01:54 PM
After a little more digging, I found this procedure which claims to work for the '05 XTerra. It's not clear if this will program the key, or if it's just for the remote fobs. :shrug:

https://northcoastkeyless.com/2005-n...-instructions/

I promise nothing, and read the disclaimers, but, since you're currently stuck, it's worth a shot.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:11 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The key itself has an RFID transponder embedded inside it. The lock cylinder also has an antenna to read the chip. When you insert the key that data is sent to the BCM, if the BCM recognizes the key it will tell the ECM it's ok to start.

This is part of NATS Nissan Anti Theft System, it's a program that's shared between the BCM and ECM.

The BCM can be programmed by either the dealership or some locksmiths with the right computer, this rewrites the existing list of allowed key transponders, you cannot "add" to the list, nor can you remove single items. You program ALL the keys at the same time because it completely overwrites the existing list when you start programming.

Your original key data was overwritten by the previous locksmith. Call around and see if there's anyone locally who can program the BCM to accept your current keys (if your keys will actually turn the lock cylinder). Explain your financial situation to them and see if they'll do some kind of delayed payment or partial payment program. Try to avoid the dealership because they will not come to you, you will have to have your vehicle towed to the dealership to have it programmed.

Just so you know when this happens (which is VERY common) most people just have their vehicle towed to the dealership then pay the 1 hour service charge plus the cost of a new key. Key $125, 1 hour service $125, tow truck $200. So it's not cheap, treat those keys like it's a $500 bill because that's basically what they are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Web-based BCM PIN Decoder Tool (NATS)