Rate my 2004 G35

g35

g35

g35

g35

g35

g35

g35

Seeing what you guys think. I painted the mirrors black and had the grill black but I stripped the grill and kinda like the stock chrome. May go back to stock mirrors which is body color.

My goal is to have a nice clean G but I'm seeing what you guys would recommend? No plan to lower it.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It’s really clean, looks good. I really like it. It’s not stupid low or cambered out. I’d almost mistake your car for mine, you just need to get a pair of 06 headlights. How many miles?

Old 12-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! Do you have those same wheels? I painted those a few months ago. Really happen with those.

150k currently. Some issues here and there and can't complain. Can this car use other year headlights? Nothing looks better than new headlights but they seem real expensive everywhere I look.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Wow, your car looks impressive for 150k miles, especially your headlights they look new, nice to see other owners who take really take good care of these cars, they’re pretty awesome. Yea the 06+ headlights fit previous models and can be pretty expensive, I lucked up and found a pair on eBay for 300.00 shipped in perfect condition, just haven’t had the chance to install them yet. I don’t have have rays I have the oem 18s and oem Brembos. Any oil consumption issues or major issues, any mods?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Thanks, man means a lot with all the damn time I've put into this car

I've been through hell and back with those damn headlights. It basically took starting at 400 grit and working my way up to 7000 grit. Then compound and polish.

Damn even $300 is too much for me to spend lol.

I'd really want to do the Brembo upgrade. They just look so much better. The stock brakes on these just feel too small. I haven't been able to find a good deal on the Brembo's yet. Yes, definitely some oil issues. In fact, I have to keep my air turned on the Recirculation Button because I can smell oil that drips down and burns. I haven't been bothered to fix it because it seems like a serious issue to repair. So I just check it monthly and top off as needed. No mods. I have some intake that sounded really good but kinda fell apart so I went back to normal. Would like to do exhaust but again don't feel like throwing money into it. Throw up a picture of yours. I especially want to see the brakes

Old 12-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Yea I hear ya. I’ve used the 3m kit to restore mine, it worked really well. Believe me you’ll never need an aftermarket exhaust, the stock one sounds so friggin good. Don’t think I could ever bring myself to upgrade. Here’s mine, still think your car is stupid clean though.

Last edited by Pumacelled; 12-11-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Nice man. I would've mistaken this as my car before I changed the wheels. the only things id do to yours change the side markers to white. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2003-20...ts=Model%3AG35

super cheap and looks better than the orange that the manfacture has to do becasue of traffic laws

Old 12-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Nice and clean but you already know that! Normally I'm all about the blacked out accents but the chrome looks good with that paint color.

Does the 3m kit come with any clear coat so they don't cloud up again?
What kind of big ticket work has needed to be done? Looks real stock!

Old 12-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Thanks, man I was thinking the same thing.

The 3m kit doesn't. The meguiars one does have you apply like a wax but I personally don't trust it. I believe really the only protection that works is either a clear bra or using a 2k clear coat. The cheaper clear coats you buy shouldn't even be called paint.
Amazon Amazon

is a great product that is cheap. But painting plastic can be tricky and led to problems that then has to be resanded all over again (ive made this mistake)

So I'm going to clear bra mine.

Not many things have gone wrong, to be honest. I have an oil issue like everyone else. I've had a blown radiator that was a pain to do. Also, a catalytic converter go bad. Both I did myself. I did have some stuck calipers that drove me nuts but luckily not a costly problem. My shocks are still original and I think at this millage they are done but I have no symptoms so I've just kinda been putting it off. I still have a damn axel click I can't get rid of lol.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by effimero89
Nice man. I would've mistaken this as my car before I changed the wheels. the only things id do to yours change the side markers to white. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2003-20...ts=Model%3AG35

super cheap and looks better than the orange that the manfacture has to do becasue of traffic laws
Thanks, I thought about going with with clears but, I have this thing about amber lighting in the front that I really like on Japanese cars. I think if I had like a red car or something similar I’d probably do white though.

csw,
No clear coat protectant for the 3M kit.

Last edited by Pumacelled; 12-11-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Nice clean dg coupe! I wish my paint looked this good!
I'd really want to do the Brembo upgrade. They just look so much better. The stock brakes on these just feel too small. I haven't been able to find a good deal on the Brembo's
A friend picked up the remanufactured ones from orileys in the us for about 400 and painted them. Just a thought.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:54 PM
I've been looking at those. These are direct bolt on's? So there is no separate bracket and calipers like mine are correct? Also, these have a core charge. Would my stock caliper suffice as a core or does it have to be the exact same part? Same rotor size? No clearance issues with the rays?

Just want to make sure im covered

Old 12-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Am pretty sure they bolt up as the rwd coupe has the same spindle, but it's a good opportunity to do stainless lines because i think the banjo is different for base vs brembo vs akebono. Clearance is fine on the 19 rays, plenty run them on brembo pkg.

negative on rotors, they are different dimensions.
The core return is the most questionable part and I don't know the answer.

I was thinking of this route instead of having my car down to repaint my brembos.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:56 AM
ok, I see the rotors are a little bit bigger. And they are not the same size as the 06 coupes either. it's in between the 04 standard and 06 standard.

about the brake lines... Other than swapping out for stainless lines are they the same size and everything? I'll just have to get the right banjo bolt?

I'm actually thinking I might do this. The price of the rotors and pads isn't too bad. I'm going to do the front first.

So $90 for the rotors and pads. For both front calipers with the core, it's $337. So I'm around $430 just for the front brakes. I have to paint them. $20 for primer and $20 for the paint id estimate. It may be impossible for me to actually pick a color though

If I can get my core back I can save myself $120. Which would put me at only around $310 (Front only) Going to contact Oreilly's today and ask.

Not bad considering what a shop would charge just to replace all of my stock ones now.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
If you wanna go down for huge front brakes, it's also possible to swap Akebonos from the G37 on there and from what I've seen you can find the calipers for a similar price to the Brembos. You might need some adapter but can't imagine that costing too much. You won't get much performance difference (Brembos are awesome) but you'll have the benefit of being better than any stock car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rate my 2004 G35