G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Replacement Quarters

Old 03-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Quarters

Just thinking long term of owning my g35, and possibly redoing some of the body work/rust as the engine and drivetrain seems to be quite good on these cars from my experience.

Anyways does anyone sell replacement quarters for ours? 03 coupe here

something like the honda world? (pics below)

Old 03-02-2019, 08:40 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah, send a message to some of the vendors in the marketplace forum. Z1, CarID, etc.

I would also call up (or preferrably visit so they don't just blow you off) a couple local reputable body shops. They can usually get those things for a much more reasonable price since you're saving the cost of shipping.

Nissan / Infiniti dealerships still order OEM ones as well.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Received 70 Likes on 68 Posts
Quarter panel replacement could easily get into the thousands $$

Old 03-03-2019, 12:13 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah I would expect to pay somewhere around $600-700. Just for giggles I called a shop here in town and they wanted $725 for just the sheet metal, I've used these guys before before though and I know their prices are a tad high but they're great to work with.

EDIT: That's for JUST the QP, if you're paying a shop to replace it then you can expect at least 10 hours of labor, then paint.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Received 70 Likes on 68 Posts
Isn't the quarter panel welded in some areas?

Old 03-03-2019, 12:47 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah but you just use a spot weld cutter to knock those places loose. Spot weld the new one back onto the support right back onto about the same location.

EDIT: It's quite a bit of metal fab, lay the old QP onto the spot, use a sharpie to trace the outside of it, take a skinny wheel and cut the sheet metal off about 1 inch inside that sharpie mark so it's basically hanging from any spot welds, get an inspection mirror and find them all, then use a right-angle drill with a small bit to drill the center of the spot welds, then use the spot weld cutter from the outside. Anything you can't drill out from the back you just have to guess from the front, sometimes you have to hack the QP off around a spot weld so you can get a better idea of where exactly those welds are.

Some cars don't even have any trussing or support around the QP so it's a pretty painless process of tracing out the new and cutting off the old.

Retrace the QP now that the old stuff it out of the way, use your original sharpie mark as a guide, I like to use two colors, first time I use black, second time I use blue so I don't get them confused. Get the skinny wheel back out and clean up the edge to perfectly fit the new QP, tack weld into place in a few spots, check alignment like 10 times to make sure it's exactly where you want it. Spot weld onto trussing for extra support, go to town with the welder. Finish down the welds, prep/paint, undercoat the inside with underbody paint.

If you've got all the tools handy it's basically a weekend job not including surface prep/paint.

Last edited by [email protected]; 03-03-2019 at 12:55 PM.