G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Car Overheating! No heat either!! Help!!!

Old 04-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5-Speed Auto
Car Overheating! No heat either!! Help!!!

I already replaced radiator after overheating first time. After second time replaced thermostat, coolant sensor and had a heater core cleaning done that fixed both overheating and no heat issue.

Now, after going to the Nissan dealer recently for an oil change, I was told everything in car was fine. Then all of a sudden car started overheating again after being on and then driven for all together I
would say 20-25 minutes or so.

Didn’t experience that issue again the next few times but heat was still not coming. Just blowing that cool air. So, went back to mechanic that fixed it the second time hoping he needs to look at his work again. He tells me the horrible thing that I need the two head gaskets replaced.

At this point I just don’t trust the mechanic and take the car back and find out the car keeps on overheating on the way home. Once I reach home, I open the hood and see the coolant overflowing from the reservoir and boiling.

Sorry for this long post. I am just annoyed and worried and need some serious assistance. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-09-2019, 03:21 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Take it to Nissan for a diagnostic, tell them you suspect blown head gaskets.

It'll cost you 1 hour of labor and you will have the answer.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:16 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Normally what indicates blown head gasket, water in the oil or oil in the radiator along with a high possibility of water running out your exhaust tips. If you have none of the above, I doubt if your issue is blow head gaskets. I'd still have NISSAN check it out to pin point your problem or a radiator shop do a pressure check!
Gary

Old 04-11-2019, 02:31 PM
5-Speed Auto
Checked Motor Oil

Originally Posted by gary c
Normally what indicates blown head gasket, water in the oil or oil in the radiator along with a high possibility of water running out your exhaust tips. If you have none of the above, I doubt if your issue is blow head gaskets. I'd still have NISSAN check it out to pin point your problem or a radiator shop do a pressure check!
Gary
Thanks Gary. I checked the motor oil and didn't see any white milky stuff. That basically makes me think it's not the head gasket. What do you think?

Old 04-11-2019, 02:35 PM
5-Speed Auto
Thanks cleric670@gmail. I did call the Nissan dealer and was told they wouldn't diagnose an Infiniti and the Infiniti dealer near me told me that they would charge $150. That's pretty expensive just for a diagnosis. Anyway, I did do some diagnosing myself and found no white milky stuff on the motor oil. Doesn't look like a blown head gasket to me. What do you think?

Old 04-11-2019, 03:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Open the radiator cap with a cold engine and start the motor, see if little bubbles come out over the course of about 10 minutes.

Head gaskets can fail in many ways.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:07 PM
5-Speed Auto
Tried it!

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Open the radiator cap with a cold engine and start the motor, see if little bubbles come out over the course of about 10 minutes.

Head gaskets can fail in many ways.
I did what you said and did see a bubble in the radiator at around the 7 minute mark. I noticed I had the heater on when I went to turn the car off even though there was no heat coming out just cool air. Does that make a difference? It was just one bubble at a time while the radiator was about to overflow. Then I just stopped the car. I didn’t notice anything at the reservoir. As you can see I am not that saavy lol.

Last edited by Crankyg35driver; 04-12-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:18 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
To me this sounds like you have more air in the system. Our cars are notorious for being very hard to bleed at times ut there are a couple of things you can do at home to get more air out. If you have a set of jack stands lift the front of the car up and put it on jack stands. This helps encourage the air, if you have some, to rise to the highest point in the system being the radiator. Get the motor warmed up and massage the upper and lower radiator hoses to see if they both are/get hot, they should be. If they're not you have more air in the system. You want to really take your time next and locate the plastic bleed screw located at the back passenger side of the engine bay. You'll slowly unscrew the screw and are looking for air to come hissing out. Be careful though, the system is pressurized and go slow. What you are looking for is no air to hiss out and have a steady stream of coolant flowing. Look up the bleeding procedure on YouTube for a G35 to get a visual of what I'm talking about.

If all else fails the $150 spent to get a dealer to tell you what's wrong could turn out to be priceless. Don't ever continue to run the motor when the car overheats, it could destroy your motor.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM
5-Speed Auto
Nice Alternative

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
To me this sounds like you have more air in the system. Our cars are notorious for being very hard to bleed at times ut there are a couple of things you can do at home to get more air out. If you have a set of jack stands lift the front of the car up and put it on jack stands. This helps encourage the air, if you have some, to rise to the highest point in the system being the radiator. Get the motor warmed up and massage the upper and lower radiator hoses to see if they both are/get hot, they should be. If they're not you have more air in the system. You want to really take your time next and locate the plastic bleed screw located at the back passenger side of the engine bay. You'll slowly unscrew the screw and are looking for air to come hissing out. Be careful though, the system is pressurized and go slow. What you are looking for is no air to hiss out and have a steady stream of coolant flowing. Look up the bleeding procedure on YouTube for a G35 to get a visual of what I'm talking about.

If all else fails the $150 spent to get a dealer to tell you what's wrong could turn out to be priceless. Don't ever continue to run the motor when the car overheats, it could destroy your motor.
Thanks for giving me some hope. I forgot to mention on my previous post ( I did add it just now) that I noticed I had the heater on even though it was blowing cool air. Does that make any difference in my diagnosis?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Old 04-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35x Sedan 4DR AWD
DO NOT drive your vehicle. You're going to destroy your head gaskets if not already and possibly put a crack in the engine block.
You need to open your bleeder and let any air out. If there is no air try flushing the system again and follow the video above. There could be a possible blockage.
I would go out and buy a "Combustion Leak Detector"
Amazon Amazon
It checks your head gasket, cylinder head, and engine block for any combustion gas leaks.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Lisle makes some kick azz products, I've never even heard of this part. Good looking out IS44C.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Crankyg35driver
I did call the Nissan dealer and was told they wouldn't diagnose an Infiniti and the Infiniti dealer near me told me that they would charge $150. That's pretty expensive just for a diagnosis. .... What do you think?
I think if you would have spent the $150.00 diagnosis fee it would have been fixed by now along with a wash, vacuum, and a complete check of your vehicle by the Infiniti dealer.

Telcoman

Old 04-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Must be nice to be old and successful and not give a **** about money. One day.

The "bring it to the dealer" approach gets real expensive fast if it's your go-to solution to every problem... Now OP doesn't need to ever again for this issue on any car...

Old 04-17-2019, 02:39 PM
5-Speed Auto
Ran Diagnostics

Hello again all,

So, I went ahead and ran the diagnostics and they found out it was the water pump. Also not a cheap fix like the head gasket.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Overheating! No heat either!! Help!!!