G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Infiniti g35 coupe w bolt ons
Fuel pump problem

Hello all, this is my first post on here so sorry if it’s not in the right category but here’s my problem. I recently bought another 05 Infiniti g35 manual trans, and the problem with it is it won’t start, it will crank but no start. The thing is I can’t hear the fuel pump prime, I checked every fuse, and also replaced the fuel pump but still no luck. So I took the fuel pump and put power to it via a jump box and it was squirting fuel, so it’s not like there’s something wrong with the fuel pump, then I took the intake off and sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body and sure enough the car starts right up. So there’s some kind of disconnect from ignition to the fuel pump. Also worth mentioning the car was repossessed so my thoughts were maybe something security related? Any advice would be extremely helpful, thank you.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by 1moremod_vq35
Hello all, this is my first post on here so sorry if it’s not in the right category but here’s my problem. I recently bought another 05 Infiniti g35 manual trans, and the problem with it is it won’t start, it will crank but no start. The thing is I can’t hear the fuel pump prime, I checked every fuse, and also replaced the fuel pump but still no luck. So I took the fuel pump and put power to it via a jump box and it was squirting fuel, so it’s not like there’s something wrong with the fuel pump, then I took the intake off and sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body and sure enough the car starts right up. So there’s some kind of disconnect from ignition to the fuel pump. Also worth mentioning the car was repossessed so my thoughts were maybe something security related? Any advice would be extremely helpful, thank you.
Any Codes?

Old 12-20-2019, 09:07 AM
Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
Sounds like the NATS security has been tripped. What does the security light do when the key is turned to start?

Old 12-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by telcoman
Any Codes?

no codes show up at all

Old 12-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by scumbagsleeper
Sounds like the NATS security has been tripped. What does the security light do when the key is turned to start?
I’m actually not sure what the light does but if it was the NATS how would I go about resetting it?

Old 12-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
I’m actually not sure what the light does but if it was the NATS how would I go about resetting it?
The FSM would be a good place to start your troubleshooting.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/sc.pdf

See page SC -10

STARTING SYSTEMPFP:23300System Description AKS003Z1M/T MODELPower is supplied at all times through 40A fusible link (letter M, located in the fuse and fusible link block)to ignition switch terminal 1,through 10A fuse (No. 71, located in the IPDM E/R )to CPU of IPDM E/R,through 15A fuse (No. 78, located in the IPDM E/R)to CPU of IPDM E/R.With the ignition switch in the ON or START position, power is suppliedfrom ignition relay (located in the IPDM E/R) to 10A fuse (No. 89, located in the IPDM E/R)through IPDM E/R terminal 25to clutch interlock switch terminal 1.When the clutch pedal is depressed, power is supplied through clutch interlock switch terminal 2 to IPDM E/R terminal 53.Ground is supplied to IPDM E/R terminals 38, 50 and 60from grounds E17 and E43.Then starter relay is turn ON.With the ignition switch in the START position, IPDM E/R is energized and power suppliedfrom ignition switch terminal 5to IPDM E/R terminal 4 and through IPDM E/R terminal 3 to starter motor terminal 1.The starter motor plunger closes and provides a closed circuit between the battery and starter motor. The starter motor is grounded to the engine block. With power and ground supplied, cranking occurs and the engine starts.

Perhaps your IPDM is defective or an open or corrosion in your wiring harness?

Or

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/ec.pdf

See page EC- 45

IVIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS)PFP:28591DescriptionABS00E3IIf the security indicator lights up with the ignition switch in the ON position or “NATS MALFUNCTION” is displayed on“SELF-DIAG RESULTS” screen, perform self-diagnosticresults mode with CONSULT-II using NATS program card.Refer to BL-115, "IVIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZERSYSTEM-NATS)" .Confirm no self-diagnostic results of IVIS (NATS) is dis-played before touching “ERASE” in “SELF-DIAG RESULTS”mode with CONSULT-II.When replacing ECM, initialization of IVIS (NATS) systemand registration of all IVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs must becarried out with CONSULT-II using NATS program card.Therefore, be sure to receive all keys from vehicle owner. Regarding the procedures of IVIS (NATS)initialization and all IVIS (NATS) ignition key ID registration, refer to CONSULT-II Operation Manual,IVIS/NVIS.

VIN Registration is an operation to registering VIN in ECM.

You might want to consider calling AAA for a free tow to your nearest Infiniti dealer to pay the diagnostic fee, run the VIN number to tell you where the original purchase was made, its service history, and to diagnose your problem with the consult lll saving you lots of time and not replacing unnecessary parts.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by telcoman
The FSM would be a good place to start your troubleshooting.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/sc.pdf

See page SC -10

STARTING SYSTEMPFP:23300System Description AKS003Z1M/T MODELPower is supplied at all times through 40A fusible link (letter M, located in the fuse and fusible link block)to ignition switch terminal 1,through 10A fuse (No. 71, located in the IPDM E/R )to CPU of IPDM E/R,through 15A fuse (No. 78, located in the IPDM E/R)to CPU of IPDM E/R.With the ignition switch in the ON or START position, power is suppliedfrom ignition relay (located in the IPDM E/R) to 10A fuse (No. 89, located in the IPDM E/R)through IPDM E/R terminal 25to clutch interlock switch terminal 1.When the clutch pedal is depressed, power is supplied through clutch interlock switch terminal 2 to IPDM E/R terminal 53.Ground is supplied to IPDM E/R terminals 38, 50 and 60from grounds E17 and E43.Then starter relay is turn ON.With the ignition switch in the START position, IPDM E/R is energized and power suppliedfrom ignition switch terminal 5to IPDM E/R terminal 4 and through IPDM E/R terminal 3 to starter motor terminal 1.The starter motor plunger closes and provides a closed circuit between the battery and starter motor. The starter motor is grounded to the engine block. With power and ground supplied, cranking occurs and the engine starts.

Perhaps your IPDM is defective or an open or corrosion in your wiring harness?

Or

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/ec.pdf

See page EC- 45

IVIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS)PFP:28591DescriptionABS00E3IIf the security indicator lights up with the ignition switch in the ON position or “NATS MALFUNCTION” is displayed on“SELF-DIAG RESULTS” screen, perform self-diagnosticresults mode with CONSULT-II using NATS program card.Refer to BL-115, "IVIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZERSYSTEM-NATS)" .Confirm no self-diagnostic results of IVIS (NATS) is dis-played before touching “ERASE” in “SELF-DIAG RESULTS”mode with CONSULT-II.When replacing ECM, initialization of IVIS (NATS) systemand registration of all IVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs must becarried out with CONSULT-II using NATS program card.Therefore, be sure to receive all keys from vehicle owner. Regarding the procedures of IVIS (NATS)initialization and all IVIS (NATS) ignition key ID registration, refer to CONSULT-II Operation Manual,IVIS/NVIS.

VIN Registration is an operation to registering VIN in ECM.

You might want to consider calling AAA for a free tow to your nearest Infiniti dealer to pay the diagnostic fee, run the VIN number to tell you where the original purchase was made, its service history, and to diagnose your problem with the consult lll saving you lots of time and not replacing unnecessary parts.

Thank you for your reply, I think my best bet would be to get it towed to Infiniti and see what they can do, something with the security might have been triggered when the vehicle was repo’d

Old 12-21-2019, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you for your reply, I think my best bet would be to get it towed to Infiniti and see what they can do, something with the security might have been triggered when the vehicle was repo’d
Prior to doing that make sure you have a clear title to that vehicle with no Liens on it.

Old 12-21-2019, 05:51 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The NATS/IVIS indicator light is on the left side of the dash, not part of the instrument cluster. There is a small LED light embedded in the dash, if NATS/IVIS is interlocking the ignition it will be SOLID RED when you are trying to crank the engine.