G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Some help honestly please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe
Some help honestly please!

Hello so I just put a down deposit on a 05 g35 coupe that had 2 previous owners (who were old people) and it only had 3 problems none of them bring engine or transmission related one of the problems was the fuse link that’s by the battery was corroded a bit badly so I’m going to get a new one of those. 2nd problem was the airbag light was blinking on and off so I don’t know if that’s a clock spring because it threw up a code for “B1054-driver airbag module” so I need help on that. 3rd Thing was nothing worked in the center console so i don’t know if it’s a fuse or something so I need help to know what the best prices I can get for things and all around help, tips, and tricks. Thank you

Old 02-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Biguuey
Hello so I just put a down deposit on a 05 g35 coupe that had 2 previous owners (who were old people) and it only had 3 problems none of them bring engine or transmission related one of the problems was the fuse link that’s by the battery was corroded a bit badly so I’m going to get a new one of those. 2nd problem was the airbag light was blinking on and off so I don’t know if that’s a clock spring because it threw up a code for “B1054-driver airbag module” so I need help on that. 3rd Thing was nothing worked in the center console so i don’t know if it’s a fuse or something so I need help to know what the best prices I can get for things and all around help, tips, and tricks. Thank you
Do yourself a favor and spend the diagnostic fee at your local Infiniti dealer. The air bag problem could be expensive and use any other deficiencies found to either lower the purchase price or walk away from a fifteen year old vehicle. I would want to know if this vehicle was purchased locally in your state or have a possible washed title from some other state along with service records.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
The stereo may have shorted out from a dead battery. This happened to me. Is the a/c air blowing automatically and you cant turn it off? You can get an oem stereo on ebay for as round 120, it's an easy fix.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I would take the the car to a mechanic and have them check it out. These cars tend to have issues with front compression rod bushings and differential bushings. The radiator might be due soon as well, all these issues will add up. They are not major problems, so you could use them to get a better deal. Pretty much all Gs need these bushings changed out by now if they haven't done it yet.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:06 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I second and third a pre-purchase inspection at Infiniti or Nissan. The $125 spent is well worth it so you know ALL the things that might be wrong with the vehicle.

Old 02-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe
Originally Posted by telcoman
Do yourself a favor and spend the diagnostic fee at your local Infiniti dealer. The air bag problem could be expensive and use any other deficiencies found to either lower the purchase price or walk away from a fifteen year old vehicle. I would want to know if this vehicle was purchased locally in your state or have a possible washed title from some other state along with service records.
yes I scheduled an appointment at my local Infiniti dealership this Saturday for them to do a diagnostic test and no the car has been in Florida for its whole life Originally from Tallahassee that one owner had it there and the second owner had it in Tampa bay (they were both old people who owned the vehicle) thank you

Old 02-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
04.5 G35 Sedan 5AT
For the airbag, I've replaced the clock spring in my 05 G sedan because I had that same airbag code. It resolved that particular airbag code. Not hard by any means, just took some time. Mainly be careful, and make sure the wheels are straight when you tear into it.
Do the cruise control and steering wheel volume control buttons work? These are also signs the clock spring is broken or going out.