G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Are you happy with Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn Maxpower - I guess I am only a semi-old fart .... heheheh (46 years old)

Old 03-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sickone
damn Maxpower - I guess I am only a semi-old fart .... heheheh (46 years old)
Doesn't it make you feel so much younger
well I was going to stop the mods with the grounding gear but every time I look at your list of future mods it has grown longer I have been letting you do the field testing and giving your opinion on the mod before I move on it....seems to be working well ( for me anyway)

I do think your list of mods and honest opinion on each one was a help to a lot of people. (The G seems to be a mod magnet with all the aftermarket items available.)

max

Old 03-13-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm 38 and very happy with my car stock. I tinted my windows and put on clear corners only because I broke a corner light. Would have left them stock otherwise. Around here most of the modded cars you see are crappy little honda civics (crappy in age and care. I own a Honda too) that sound like a bumble bee, have monster wings on the back and various other lame mods. I've yet to see a nicely modified car. I'm sure if I went to a car show in the area I'd find some nice ones. I fear that modding my car would just make me look like one of these kids with little brains and too much money invested in my car.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:05 AM
I came from a decently modded Subaru WRX. I had a bigger turbo, injectors, eng. management, etc... It was fun for a bit, but i started having problems with the tranny. Now that i have the G35, im thinking differently. I do have that urge, once in a while, to start modding but i end up controlling myself.

I think the most i'll end up doing to the G is maybe some tints and a Z-tube/pop charger combo for the extra sound effects.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm only doing baby mods to mine. No TT or SC. I don't want to hurt the tranny, clutch, etc. Since the little bolt ons I plan on doing will get me a BIG 25 HP at most, I tend to think of them less as mods and more as "personalization." I'll make my G sound a little different, run a little different, but not so far outside of the box that I'll bust sumpin' That being said, it'll be stock for a while...

Old 03-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikerosoft
I'm 38 and very happy with my car stock. I tinted my windows and put on clear corners only because I broke a corner light. Would have left them stock otherwise. Around here most of the modded cars you see are crappy little honda civics (crappy in age and care. I own a Honda too) that sound like a bumble bee, have monster wings on the back and various other lame mods. I've yet to see a nicely modified car. I'm sure if I went to a car show in the area I'd find some nice ones. I fear that modding my car would just make me look like one of these kids with little brains and too much money invested in my car.
most of the nicely modified honda/acura cars are sleepers hehe stock on the ouside, a monster at heart

Old 03-14-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm getting my 6MT in April and I'm definitely keeping it stock for a while. I'll probably get clear corners and a cai later on but that's about it..

Old 03-14-2005, 05:38 AM
I was completely happy with the car stock. For the first 500 miles that is; then I got the itch! (and it wasnt crabs)

Old 03-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
most of the nicely modified honda/acura cars are sleepers hehe stock on the ouside, a monster at heart

This kind of modding I could get into. It would be fun to tune the engine, add a TT or SC. That would be cool. However, I've heard a lot of people who do this have endless problems and constantly have to tinker with things.

The kind of modding I can't stand are the body mods that make an otherwise decent looking car look like crap.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Mine is 10 days old, completely stock and will likely stay that way.

05 G35 Coupe, auto, DiamondGraphite/Stone, premium, suspension, tire & wheel, splash

Attached Thumbnails Are you happy with Stock?-1car.jpg   Are you happy with Stock?-2car.jpg  
Old 03-14-2005, 02:37 PM
It's funny. I thought I was over the mod bug too after I sold my Z last October and bought the G. And for the first couple of months I felt the same way - i.e. that there's no need to mess with such a great car as it is - but I've started to get the itch again myself. Now I won't really do much to the G since, as you've said, it is so great from the factory, but I will do things that give some personalization (like aluminum pedals - also for heel-and-toe) and those with a purpose (like better brake fluid, racing pads and stainless lines if I decide to go tracking), but the truth is the bug never really goes away. It just hibernates. I'm 33 now with kids and I still have a tough time staying away from the Performance Nissan, Grubbs and Stillen websites just to see what cool new toys they might have...

So far I've only done aluminum pedals, Sirius and Gord's 8-wire GroundingGear (well, unless you consider Zaino and the seat height adjustment to be mods ) I love the OEM exhaust sound so much that I won't mess with that, and I don't see intakes as being worth it for the few hp you pick up. About the only thing I'm likely to do anytime soon is sway bars. That would make the car pretty complete IMHO.

Last edited by sherwooa; 03-14-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To me there is 2 type of modders....You're either a cosmetic and performance modders. I'm stricly cosmetic...20' Mados, tinted windows, front chin spoiler. All the other accesories came directly from the dealership except for my K&N filter. Truthfully the only question you must ask yourself is, "Is this car already fast enough for me". To me it is. Not a racer but when provoked I'll give it a little gas. Also....You can't always drive fast, but you darn sure can look good all the time. That's me...into looking good.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Alonjar
I think the car might have a lot to do with it. Right now, I am planning to buy either a G35 or a 350z in a few months.

If I get the G, I have every intention of basically leaving it stock. It looks great, and really doesnt need anything else imho. Its a great car right from the factory!

However, if I get the 350, I've got a list of things that I'd want to do to it. Rims, bodykit, etc. I dont really know why, its just that I feel I wouldnt be as happy with a stock Z.

Something to think about

I test drive both cars quite a few times before i purchashed my 2005 laser red 6mt.

From my experience i found the Z to be very busy from a driving point of view and the ride was very harsh. As far as the interior the door panels on the Z left much to be desired.

For the G I could loose the back seat and not care but I think the longer roof line of the G makes it much sexier looking than the Z. The ride is better the interior is much better and I think overall it is a much better car.

That being said drive both and keep an open mind and no matter which car you chose you really cant lose.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm happy with mine stock, but its fun to mod, and there's a nice selection of aftermarket parts that keep coming out for this car.

Mine is a lease, so I'm not touching it, and even if I buy it at the end of the lease, I value my warranty too much to mod it. I don't plan on keeping this car beyond the warranty period, so I doubt I'll ever mod it.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
love my '05 6mt blk/wheat the way she was born. wash and wax whenever weather permits. thats all the joy i need.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with Stock?