G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Are you happy with Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you happy with Stock?

I don't know if its just me getting older or what but, I'm very happy with my stock G. Basically I have the 2004 Brilliant Silver 6MT-Black interior, the Aero Package with Spoiler and diffusers,Aerodynamic body kit Carpeted Mat with Logo, stock 18's and 15% tint all the way around.
When I was younger I always felt that autos needed some kind of mods being tint and wheels/tires at a minimum. Maybe its just car manufacturers nowadays that are actually putting accessories on that people like...or its just me. I'm only 27 so I hope I'm not maturing too fast lol but, honestly I think the G looks so classy, sleek, fast...everything I'm looking for....just plain stock. Ok the tint was extra but its basically stock. Then again I haven't had the car that long so maybe I will change later. Do any of you feel that way? I see alot of people doing aftermarket things to their G's and thats cool and all but, man its such a sweet ride without all that stuff. Just seeing if anyone out there feels the same way. Thanks for listening.

Old 03-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel the same way. I went through my modding phase with my Mustang that I had before. After driving that car (it leaked oil, smelled like burning oil, was loud, drove like ****, but was REALLY fast), I realized that I need a nice sports luxury car as an everyday driver. If I ever get back into modding when I have more free time, I would pick up another mustang just to tool around with. This car is too perfect/expensive to be messing with (besides tint)

Last edited by clemens9; 03-12-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yup, i agree with you. The G is probably one of the best looking cars stock from the dealer. However, i'm still going to debadge, tint, blackout, and change some lights (exterior wise) just to be different =P

Old 03-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I used to be into mod'ing cars but...I'm planning on running around stock for while. For me...I'm getting too old maybe. lol. I dunno if I want to call that kind of attention to my car anymore. Or...maybe it would just feel weird to have a bling'd out coupe with my 3 y/o daughter riding in the back seat.

If I do any mod...I'd probably get a twin turbo kit but...I'd leave the ext stock. Get that ....sleeper look going on. hehehe.

Old 03-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I agree. I think this is the best looking car on the market, and that the stock look is better looking than most modified cars. Every time I walk up to it (after having it for just a couple of weeks) I think how nice it looks. I think the stock 19" wheels are classy too. The only thing I might consider is tinting. If I wanted to spend another $10k-$20k on modifying my car, I'd probably just buy a Boxter or the new Corvette.

With that said, I think there are some cars that really look powerful, speedy, or just plain artistic. So as long as the mods fit some consistent theme instead of just being randomly placed, I can respect what people are doing to their cars.

Old 03-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I think the car might have a lot to do with it. Right now, I am planning to buy either a G35 or a 350z in a few months.

If I get the G, I have every intention of basically leaving it stock. It looks great, and really doesnt need anything else imho. Its a great car right from the factory!

However, if I get the 350, I've got a list of things that I'd want to do to it. Rims, bodykit, etc. I dont really know why, its just that I feel I wouldnt be as happy with a stock Z.

Something to think about

Old 03-12-2005, 01:56 PM
i agree...i love the stock look. i have brilliant silver and aero also, can you show me pics with your tint? i'm thinking of doing it as well, i just want to see it on a BS before i do it. thanks.

Old 03-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does do its job stock, but modding just makes it alot better imo

Old 03-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Ah... the insight & wisdom of old age!
I am also keeping the G mostly stock. I already have a beast in the garage!

Old 03-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think age matters. Im in my thirties and Im modding cars. and i know
many other friends that are much older than me (some twice over) and they still
mod cars for fun to get their rides exactly where they want them to be.

If you're happy with the car, Id leave it as is...

Old 03-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
if you really love to work on cars, you'll mod your car when you're old. like that tim allen guy on home improvement

I bet I'll still keep modding even when i'm a grandpa

Old 03-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Some people would mod a Ferrari if they had one. There is always something, even if it is small, that you can improve.

That said, the G is a great car stock.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modding is a waste of money. It's not like it's worth anything in the end. If you decide to sell the car or trade it in, nobody is going to give you what it's worth.

The dealer or private buyer can give a sh*t that you have a Twin Turbo in it.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by patrickwong
If you decide to sell the car or trade it in, nobody is going to give you what it's worth.
People don't mod to increase the dollar value of the car, they do it to make the car more enjoyable for themselves.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:31 PM
the G, in its original form is great! I've got so much other things to mod, I'm just not going to mess with it.. really, the last thing I want to do is throw away lots of hard work done by Nissan engineers. If I didn't like the car as is, I would have bought something (read: anything) else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with Stock?