G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Camshaft position sensor code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 05:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Infiniti G35 Coupe 2005 Gray
Camshaft position sensor code

Hey I've been dealing with an annoying issue regarding to my camshaft position sensor. I'm getting a code from my OBD scanner which is P0345 "camshaft position sensor A circuit bank 2". I've changed both passenger and driver side sensors with hitachi branded sensors. I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong. Some addition information is that this happened after the car was sitting for about a week. Drove fine for a few days after sitting then randomly ran poorly cranks for about 3 seconds. All 1/4 codes are the same

Old 01-13-2023, 05:49 PM
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Check the sensor connector, the wiring, and your grounds. After that I'd suggest following the troubleshooting steps in the FSM. It can also be a dirty or damaged signal plate on the end of the cam.

Old 01-17-2023, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe
Check the sensor connector, the wiring, and your grounds. After that I'd suggest following the troubleshooting steps in the FSM. It can also be a dirty or damaged signal plate on the end of the cam.
I checked the grounds and preformed an ecu reset by unplugging the battery overnight. I do question my camshaft position sensor connector itself because it doesn't click to hold the sensor properly. I did secure it by electrical tape so it doesn't loosen while I'm driving but would it still affect the sensor if it's not locked in place? The car hasn't stalled on me yet when driving. (knock on wood)

From another post I've read, could the problem also be a weak battery despite charging it by driving? I've purchased a multi meter and will check both the connector and battery once I have the time. Will I damage my vehicle if I continue to drive it?

Old 01-27-2023, 05:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 6MT Sedan
I had the same issue with the connector. The code didn't go away until I fixed the connector to where it would click in and stay secure. Took a few minutes of laying over the engine with a mirror and a small flathead screwdriver.

Also, just to verufy, you replaced all four sensors, correct?

Old 01-27-2023, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by 6MTVQ
I had the same issue with the connector. The code didn't go away until I fixed the connector to where it would click in and stay secure. Took a few minutes of laying over the engine with a mirror and a small flathead screwdriver.

I changed 3 sensors total so far, crankshaft (bottom one) was done a few months back. The other two were done together. Did you have hard starts or did ur symptoms go away after u fixed the connector? Or was it only the CEL that was the issue because I still get hard starts. The weather in Canada and work have been stalling this job, could anything bad happen to my engine?

Old 01-28-2023, 06:36 AM
Received 410 Likes on 368 Posts
Nah it wont cause any damage to the engine if u delay the job.

Old 01-28-2023, 07:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 6MT Sedan
Originally Posted by humbalum
I changed 3 sensors total so far, crankshaft (bottom one) was done a few months back. The other two were done together. Did you have hard starts or did ur symptoms go away after u fixed the connector? Or was it only the CEL that was the issue because I still get hard starts. The weather in Canada and work have been stalling this job, could anything bad happen to my engine?
What year is your car? My engine had two cam sensors on each bank. I replaced the four cam sensors and the crank sensor at the same time. Yes, I was having hard starts and some random bucking at idle and stalling. It all went away with after the sensors were installed and the connector was seated properly.

Old 01-28-2023, 10:52 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Rev up DE has 4 cam sensors, regular DE only has two.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:05 AM
Finally had time to swap the connector. Once I swapped the connector and the sensor properly clicked in, car started right up and most of the lights went away other than the CEL which I cleared with the scanner. I did notice when I removed the sensor off the car, one of the pins for the connector popped out of its housing, which is making me believe that, that could have been the reason why it wasn’t properly clicking/reading. Either way the new connector was pretty cheap so it didn’t hurt too much to swap it.

The following 2 users liked this post by humbalum:
6MTVQ (02-08-2023), Scorpi0 (02-08-2023)
Old 02-04-2024, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
How should I wire the connectors that’s the problem I’m working on as we speak?

Originally Posted by 6MTVQ

I can use some tips on wiring my harnesses I just got the replacement can’t seem to figure out the right way to wire my harnesses.