G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rattling Driving me Crazy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are having any rattles near the sunroof, it is the black rubber seal that is rubbing against the frame. There is a TSB that uses some 3M lubricant around the seal. Bad thing is that it only lasts for about 4-5 months before you have to re-do it. With all the rattles and buzzes, it's amazing how Infiniti manages to do so well in all the car surveys. Nissan is usally at the lower end of the list. Since the G35 is really a Nissan Skyline in Japan, the overall quality matches more to the Nissan side.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:11 PM
im surprised how u guys have so many rattles

I have a DG coupe with 32,000 miles on it and there are no rattles whatsoever unless i put my glasses into the sunglasses holder!

Old 03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
you can certainly get it fixed under warranty - they even have a procedure to idenify the point of rattles, and tools used to do so (shown in the service manual)

Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
the one rattling I hear is when my passenger seatbelt isn't positioned right. it keeps bangin itself to the door.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDM V35
OMG I aggree with you totaly, I mean every time I was my car I find a new paint chip. I mean how the hell do you get paint chip on the rear bumper.
Give me a break!!!
UGGHHHH
You're telling me. 90% percent of my commute is on the 57 and 60 freeway. My bumber and front hood is covered with paint chips, and i only have 20k on my car!! I told my friend from Corporate Nissan about it and he denies that the paint is weak.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Prolix
I have a month old DG coupe with 900 miles also. I have rattles everywhere from the vents to the dash to the door. The loudness and pitch of the rattles change depending on the road surface I am on - it can go from a high-pitched buzz to a coarser rattle. I've tried pressing on the dash and vents while I am driving to see if I can make it stop, but nothing seems to work. Whenever I hear someone say the fit and finish of our G's is equal to BMW I just laugh because my 330 is as quiet as a library - never one rattle.

Prolix
You make a good point. I had a 2001 325Ci and it had rattles and squeaks, but the E46 was only in its 2nd year run by then. What year is your Bimmer? Give Infiniti some time and they'll correct the rattles and such. The car is only on year number 2 and I already see improvements. Yes, I have rattles in my 2003, but the car has been very reliable and much more enjoyable to drive than my 325Ci. It seems to be seasonal as someone else stated. I would choose a rattle or two than the reliability that Bimmers have. I guess the Japanese know how to make a reliable car and the Europeans know how to put one together well. Choose the evil that suits you best.

Last edited by Deang35c6; 03-13-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:18 AM
i agree with most people here, however the TSB's were able to get about all of mine now.

just one from somewhere near the console... (its not the rear view mirror)

Old 03-14-2005, 01:54 AM
For the rattle on my left air conditioner vent I put two credit cards to the left of it in the gap and it fixed the rattle. I'm going to make an appointment to see if I can get this fixed.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've got good news and bad news for ya'll.

The bad news is that it's just going to get worse. The good news is that eventually you'll either get used to it or you'll get another car.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:00 PM
I've got rattles all over the freakin place on my car. Inside and outside. I've just about given up with the dealer trying to fix them. Seems as soon as they fix one, another pops up somewhere else, then the original rattles that were fixed come back later. My car rattled since the day I picked it up brand new. I thought Japanese cars were supposed to be better than this. Anyone who says all these rattles is normal for a new car is full of it. This car has more rattles now at only 18k miles than my 7 year old 130k mile Ford Contour SE that my G replaced, which BTW, did not rattle at all when new, and neither did my Corvette.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:25 PM
no rattles here... but i have another question (didn't want to start another thread):

when i drive my car first thing in the morning (or after it's been sitting outside for a few hours)... i get a howling noise coming from ... who knows where?? . anyone else experiencing this? it only happens when the car is in motion, is a very steady noise and goes away after the car warms up. it doesn't make the noise when it is warm outside. any ideas what this could be? sounds like a frigging owl is hooting at me. it has nothing to do with the windows either. just curious. (i thought maybe it might have something to do with the air intake on the car.)

any suggestions are much appreciated. sorry if i hi-jacked the thread.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I don't have any rattles in my '03.
disclaimer: when the radios turned up or I'm parked.
Originally Posted by paolo
the one rattling I hear is when my passenger seatbelt isn't positioned right. it keeps bangin itself to the door.
The seatbelt rattle was the most annoying. Move the passanger seat all the way back and recline the seat so the seatbelt is in front of it and it will go away.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
when i drive my car first thing in the morning (or after it's been sitting outside for a few hours)... i get a howling noise coming from ... who knows where?? . anyone else experiencing this? it only happens when the car is in motion, is a very steady noise and goes away after the car warms up. (
I've experienced this noise too, but only when its very cold outside, like 25 degrees or colder. It goes away after about 5 minutes of driving when the warms up a bit. I have no idea what it is.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey, I don't want to sound like a snooty old timer, but if you search for "rattle", this is a problem that has been addressed before.
BTW, the rattle I heard in my G turned out to be my sunglasses rattling in the sunglass holder. Try checking that out before you start ripping out doors and stuff!

Old 03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Z06ified
I've experienced this noise too, but only when its very cold outside, like 25 degrees or colder. It goes away after about 5 minutes of driving when the warms up a bit. I have no idea what it is.
thanks for the info... at least i'm not the only one. if it was only me i would have brought it in for service. spring can't come soon enough here in toronto.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattling Driving me Crazy!