Faced an 05 Mustang GT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005 | 02:41 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Sickone
"Lets all be honest here. If you can honestly say that you have NEVER driven 85mph on a public street, especially in a G35, THEN YOU ARE A LIAR!"
Okay, let's really be honest, if you presume that everyone behaves as you do, you're mistaken.

85 on a public street? Nope. Never. Even when I drove my KZ-750 back in the day. On the interstate, yes, but only when traffic necessitates - my cruise speed is between 65 - 75, lower when it's raining. Funny, I don't have problems speeding tickets or bad mileage at that pace either. Haven't had a speeding ticket in (doing math - taking off shoes to count toes) 26 years.

The part about 'especally in a G35...' I find this car easier to cruise at a sane pace than I did my previous car - a '98 Maxima. Don't ask me why..

Old 03-15-2005 | 02:45 PM
That is rediculous. Here in So. Cal. the G's are all over the place nowadays, and the Mustangs are popping up all around. When they told me I had to buy my G before a test drive, I was really hesitant on the purchase. And that was when you were still waiting months on an order to get it. I don't see people waiting months to order a Mustang nor do I think they would wait. You could just go to the next FORD dealership and pick one up. At least the G was and an INFINITI dealership are a little harder to get to.

Later,

Ray

Old 03-15-2005 | 02:50 PM
Not sure what the deal here is in the NYC/surrounding area but I have seen exactly *ONE* 05 stang gt on the road, period. I have seen hundreds of G coupes alone - not even counting sedans. I probably see at least 3 or 4 other G coupes every day.

Wierd.

- pink

Old 03-15-2005 | 02:56 PM
|
GeeWillikers - South Texas? Then the Ivory Pearl you see is MINE! I am stationed at NAS Corpus. And Yes. 05 GTs are everywhere down here.

Everyone else - As for going 80 on a public street. If you ever drove on South Rodfield Road, there are no sidewalks, let alone crosswalks. Gives no excuse to ever do 75+ in a 50. However, the street does characterize a freeway. Its probably the nices paved street in South Texas too. I believe the reason we don't see a lot of G35s here is because the roads are S**T here. When I bought my Infinity in Dallas, the dealer told me the reason there is no Infinity dealer here is because the roads are not worthy of a G35. I think he is right.

Old 03-15-2005 | 02:57 PM
You only won because you are clearly the better driver. Every instrumented road test of the Mustang shows it faster than the G35C 6MT 0-60. We're talking 0-60 in 5.1 seconds for the Mustang (a best of 4.9), and a best of 5.7 for the '03-'04 G35C 6MT. So, with a good driver, the Mustang should have gotten the jump on you right away, and maintained a lead the entire time to 60. Yet with your race, you got the jump on him, and he couldn't catch up until 60. His 0-60 time was probably in the low 6 second range, or about a full second slower than he should have done.

Nothing wrong with that though - I've beaten faster cars before because I was the better driver. Just don't count on beating Mustang GT's all the time.

Old 03-15-2005 | 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by RacerX35
I don't see people waiting months to order a Mustang nor do I think they would wait.
WRONG. If you want a Mustang GT convertible here in NY, if you place your order now, you'll get your car in September, and be happy to pay full sticker. I know this because someone I work with wanted to buy one, and four different dealers all told him the same thing. There is a rather large wait list for Mustang GT's, and especially the convertible. There's even a wait list for the base V-6 Mustang. The only upside is the wait list should disappear soon because Mustang production is much higher than G35 production.

Old 03-15-2005 | 03:05 PM
holy shat man.. u have 26 toes n fingers?!? :P haha.. me joke me joke..

personally, i don have much of a taste for american cars, wit the exception of dodge vipers (so damn hot!) saw 1 parked at a costco n god damn that car gave me goose pimples :P..

Old 03-15-2005 | 03:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by Z06ified
You only won because you are clearly the better driver. Every instrumented road test of the Mustang shows it faster than the G35C 6MT 0-60. We're talking 0-60 in 5.1 seconds for the Mustang (a best of 4.9), and a best of 5.7 for the '03-'04 G35C 6MT. So, with a good driver, the Mustang should have gotten the jump on you right away, and maintained a lead the entire time to 60. Yet with your race, you got the jump on him, and he couldn't catch up until 60. His 0-60 time was probably in the low 6 second range, or about a full second slower than he should have done.
Get back into your saddle tough guy. I never claimed to have won anything. You might want to go back and read the thread again.

Old 03-15-2005 | 03:14 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by G-Crazy
GeeWillikers - South Texas? Then the Ivory Pearl you see is MINE! I am stationed at NAS Corpus. And Yes. 05 GTs are everywhere down here.
I figured that one out and sent you an IM a while ago. Me too - for some years now.. I'm very familiar with Rodd Field - especially the right hander that feeds onto Saratoga. Watched a guy drift that entire corner in front of me coming home from work one night. We used to be able to cruise RF easily, now the afternoon traffic is almost like a real city. When I first came down here, the intersection of Saratoga and Rodd Field was a stopsign on the Saratoga side, and there were NO stoplights from Saratoga on until you got to the SPID.

Agree, Rodd Field is somewhat remote (for this area) and very nice compared to the other roads here. I roll it everyday - to and from the base. Comparing it to a freeway is accurate indeed.

It's very easy to speed down here. I've been stationed all over the coutry and overseas and I've never seen anything like it. I'm sure you've gone SPID racing too - you have no choice - haul a$$ or die. I don't even get on SPID anymore (except heading toward the Island - I have no use for SPID from Airline on through town...) I just take the back streets.

Did you buy at Grubbs?

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 03-15-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2005 | 03:17 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by dkim-
holy shat man.. u have 26 toes n fingers?!? :P haha.. me joke me joke..
ROFL.. 28 if you count my dew claws.

Old 03-15-2005 | 03:24 PM
|
I did buy at Grubbs. Great Experience. Highly reccomend it!

I am stationed at COMOMAG! Is that your Metalic Silver parked out there in the back of us. I just started parking there. I used to park in the lot in front of WARCOM, but a jacka$$ dinged my door and it cost me $75.00 to have the ding rolled out.

I don't race much at all. I am to old with to much to lose. I fully understand what you said about racing and such. This is actually only the second time since owning my G that I have raced. I get kids in Intrepids, cavaliers, neons, wanting to race me all the time. I don't waste my time. But coming to work this morning up Rodfiels with a silver 05 GT on my starboard. I couln't resist. BUt the picture it paints to this formum... I can see why everyone pulls out their flamethrowers. Its not like I do 80 on a public side street flying through intersections. It was a quick blast of 0-60 and then rolled to 75, then we shut it down well before we hit Holly road. But it can paint a pretty scary picture! I don't do it much. If hardly ever at all. My car has never seen over 110mph.

Old 03-15-2005 | 03:34 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Nope - mine's a Diamond Graphite Sedan and she's sitting at home in the garage.

When it's nasty out I drive my BAT. (big a$$ truck) If you see a 2500 Dodge Diesel 4X4 all whited out bouncing through the collection of potholes we call roads, that would be me...

Old 03-15-2005 | 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Z06ified
We're talking 0-60 in 5.1 seconds for the Mustang (a best of 4.9), and a best of 5.7 for the '03-'04 G35C 6MT.
Actually the best '03 6MT time was 5.5 in Car and Driver's comparo with a Cobra and an RX-8.

Old 03-15-2005 | 06:05 PM
Geewillikers...thansk for the bad buzz downer...

Old 03-15-2005 | 06:38 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I'm guessing he doesn't know how to properly launch a car due to the fact that he had no idea what a Infiniti G35 was!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Faced an 05 Mustang GT!!!