G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

First major ticket-please advise!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Tx 25 mph and over you can not take defensive driving.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:16 AM
That sucks bud...GET A LAWYER!

I'm sure a lawyer will be able to get you some type of deferred adjudication.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Oxanar
Is it too obvious or rude of me to simply give the advice Slow Down!?!?

Uhhhhhhh yeah.....

Old 03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by robbdogg
In Tx 25 mph and over you can not take defensive driving.
Very true, but you can pay a traffic lawyer $75 and he'll negotiate it down to paying the fine, doesn't go on your record, 90 days probation

Don't ask how I know

Old 03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Head 'n Shoulders
Yea i know how you feel. I already have 4 speeding tickets and im only 18 Going fast is like an addiction i cant seem to overcome, expecially in this car. Everytime i get a ticket, i take it to this lawyer who works for free (he does it as community service) and he reduces my speeding ticket to a mere parking violation and i have to pay like $50. no points on my record or anything. Its quite nice.

Anyways, try to find one of these lawyers. They really do work.

And as for me, i have to go to therapy or something to start driving slower. To be honest, i dont even notice im going fast in the G till i look at the speedo and im going 100.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by mrb
Very true, but you can pay a traffic lawyer $75 and he'll negotiate it down to paying the fine, doesn't go on your record, 90 days probation

Don't ask how I know

dude - you're preaching to the choir, and it's not too big of a secret.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:55 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by robbdogg
dude - you're preaching to the choir, and it's not too big of a secret.

Bunch of criminals in here I swear

Old 03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
The G runs solid and is very comfortable at really high speeds. But a radar is really not going to save you from cops going that fast. You always have too keep an eye out for cops on the road. Half of them are trying to pull people over and the other half are minding their own business until someone nutty enough passes them going over 100.

When you pass people you have to do it at least at a speed you can see who your passing; giving you a chance to slow down if needed. I've found when hit with a radar pulse I can slam on the breaks and knock off 15 to 20 mph before the last radar reading is completed.

DO whatever you have to do to keep it off your insurance, and try to avoid those 100+ tickets in particular.

What did he write on the ticket for your speed? If he kept the written number below 100 you are in much better shape, and he was being lenient. He could have arrested you right there and impounded your car. When you get caught at those "100+ excessive speeds" you really start to risk the legal hammer coming down on you.

Good Luck...

Old 03-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Tell the courts you just got a G35(should get a smile from the judge) and that you just got it washed and were air drying it...If you need me to represent you, no problem!

Old 03-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yikes... that's a hefty fine. I think you should feel happy if they let you off
with a fine, traffic school, and 3months probation. If you have DUI on your
record, your license will most likely be suspended minimum 3months to a year.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
KPC
I believe you can do traffic school online for LA county, for OC, you will have to go into one of the 5 court to serve... that's all depend on if you get to go to traffic school or not...

Old 03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
What you need to do (I know I just had the same type of incident) is go take traffic school online before you go to court. Also have a copy of your driving record with you, the judge will be able to see it on his/her computer, but if you have all your info it will show you care. Have a lawyer with you of course, it should help you. I got mine knocked down from a 79 in a 55 (wreckless driving in VA) down to a Defective Equipment w/$200 fine. Oh yea Wreckless Driving in VA is 6 points and $2500 or 1 year in jail MAX. Hope this helps. Good Luck.......oh yeah get the lawyer from the area that the ticket will be heard in. Lawyer will know the judges.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 PM
wait a few weeks and request an extension to your court date. you can do this online. Many officers calculate their days off when putting in for the court dates. This way they get overtime for appearing and have a clear schedule to make the easy money.

The officer's word will always out weigh any "defense" that does not have validity or law in support of your argument. Face it... you have no defense. Lies take up court time and make the judge just that more insensitive to you.

Hire an attorney?... most of the attorneys are hoping you get cited for 22351, which is defendable, IF you are going under 64mph. Lawyers will run about $1500 to $3000 for most traffic cases.

I am wondering if you were written up for VC22348b? If so, you might get off on a technicality, as that is for exceeding 100mph. However, the judge can alter that at his/her discretion. You can appeal and may win, but it is time and they will nail your butt if you lose.

Best case, from everything I've read, you can SIMPLY (and I mean simply and humbly) plead "No Contest" and the court may grant traffic school.

Worst case... the judge is pissy, the officer lies and you get handed a big bill, possible community service in lieu of fees and get a suspended license. Oh ya... an expect the officer to take creative license with his story.. .10 years ago I had a Redondo cop tell the judge that I when blew a red light, he pursued and pulled me over 2 blocks away. He stated under oath that I told him "that it was 'fight or flight' when I saw the police car, but I gave up after 2 blocks because I was scared and didn't know the area." (my DL had a Gardena address... and i was living in RB, but I didn't correct him as it is illegal not to have a current addy on your license.

After getting my ticket, I circled back and it turned out the light was flashing red at the intersection, and the overhead red light was burned out. Which was why I didn't notice the light... period (smaller intersection). I didn't pull over cuz, frankly I didn't expect the gumballs were for me. Couldn't get a city report, had to plead "no contest" with my explanation. technically, i was guilty...I can live with that... but it pi$$ed me off that the cop had to lie to tighten his case in with the judge.

some pills are hard to swallow.. some moreso than others. At least you are not typing this from a hospital and your G is still in the driveway.

-Ted

Last edited by SoCalTed; 03-16-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lokoto
Well, it happened. I was doing some spiritted driving and got pulled over by Highway patrol on the 101 South in the Calabasas area.
He said I was going at 100 mph and gave me a choice of either taking me to jail or writing me up for 90+ citation. I had no choice and accepted the second.
What will happen to me? I have a very good record.Do you recommend that I go to court and try to argue that he does not have proof of my speed? He never showed it to me and just assumed I was going that fast according to his own speed of 80 mph.He said I blew past him.
I have the Passport 8500 50 x but that didn't help.He was in front of me.
Please,give me some advice on how to proceed.This is my first time and I am very depressed.I don't know how I am going to drive my beloved G now.I drove with 60mph on the way home after the incident.I got completely paranoid.The jail thing really got me.
Thank you guys in advance for your help.
I got a ticket about a week and a half ago - 2 day of owning my car - on the 90 fwy heading towards Marina Del Rey. The CHP officer got me going 78 in a 55! My ticket was $185 and traffic school (If you haven't gone in 18 months) was $35. I paid it yesterday via the internet and I will do traffic school online. This way, your record will not be affected and no one (except you and the cop...and us) will ever know you got that ticket!

If you fight it, you still have to pay the ticket but you run the risk of losing, which means your insurance rates will increase.

If you have gone to traffice school with in 18 months, you can still go but you have to ask the judge and it's a 12 hour mandatory traffic school instead of the 8 hours one for first-time offenders.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Omar
Yea i know how you feel. I already have 4 speeding tickets and im only 18 Going fast is like an addiction i cant seem to overcome, expecially in this car. Everytime i get a ticket, i take it to this lawyer who works for free (he does it as community service) and he reduces my speeding ticket to a mere parking violation and i have to pay like $50. no points on my record or anything. Its quite nice.

Anyways, try to find one of these lawyers. They really do work.

And as for me, i have to go to therapy or something to start driving slower. To be honest, i dont even notice im going fast in the G till i look at the speedo and im going 100.
For some reason I find that very hard to believe. No 18 year old can possibly get away with 4 speeding tickets, get a free lawyer, fight it off and reduce it to a parking violation and only $50 fine each time, without a SINGLE point to your name. If this is true, you are one lucky you know what!

Anyway, this thread scares me. But I guess it can be a good wakeup call - I was averaging 105 yesterday in a 65 down the highway. That would have been a 5 point ticket in NJ. I try to only speed 1-14 over, that way if a cop does decide to pull me over its only a 2 point ticket.

But hey, just remember the most important thing with this issue. INSURANCE. Do anything you can to hide this from your insurance company if by any means possible, or atleast try to reduce the ticket, since the rate increase that will hit you from this will be FAR more painful than anything else you would spend on the ticket itself, driving school, lawyers, etc.

Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First major ticket-please advise!!!