G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

First major ticket-please advise!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Omar
Yea i know how you feel. I already have 4 speeding tickets and im only 18 Going fast is like an addiction i cant seem to overcome, expecially in this car. Everytime i get a ticket, i take it to this lawyer who works for free (he does it as community service) and he reduces my speeding ticket to a mere parking violation and i have to pay like $50. no points on my record or anything. Its quite nice.

Anyways, try to find one of these lawyers. They really do work.

And as for me, i have to go to therapy or something to start driving slower. To be honest, i dont even notice im going fast in the G till i look at the speedo and im going 100.
OMAR i'm sorry if i use you as an example, but 4-TICKETS @ 18 YEARS OLD?! i'm 41 with no tickets. you need to know when to have a little fun, and when not. come on man, whats wrong with you! at this rate your license will be revoked by age 25. slow it down man! for your sake and others.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by BurntRenolds
Tell the courts you just got a G35(should get a smile from the judge) and that you just got it washed and were air drying it...If you need me to represent you, no problem!
Ha, ha, ha!

Old 03-16-2005, 04:52 PM
GET A LAWYER

I got hit for 100 in a 55 when I was 17. $350 later and I had no points on my license

Old 03-16-2005, 05:21 PM
The violation code the cop wrote on the citation is 223491(A)VI-Exceeding 65mph. For approximate speed,he wrote 90+.
I hope I can get away with 90 mph.The question is if I am given the option of traffic school which I have not taken in the last 3 years by the way,should I take it or still hire a lawyer and go to court?
The court is in Van Nuys, CA.
I am so scared to drive now.I will not drive fast anymore but what if they cite me for a silly mistake-the cop doesn't like the way I changed a lane,making a right turn while the pedestrian's one foot is still on the cross walk.You know what I mean.
So what's the point of owning the G if you are going to drive it like a Camry?
This ticket will be I guess a turning point in my life. A tough lesson but a great one in a long run.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Omar
Yea i know how you feel. I already have 4 speeding tickets and im only 18

Old 03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
KPC
Originally Posted by Lokoto
The violation code the cop wrote on the citation is 223491(A)VI-Exceeding 65mph. For approximate speed,he wrote 90+.
I hope I can get away with 90 mph.The question is if I am given the option of traffic school which I have not taken in the last 3 years by the way,should I take it or still hire a lawyer and go to court?
I am so scared to drive now.I will not drive fast anymore but what if they cite me for a silly mistake-the cop doesn't like the way I changed a lane,making a right turn while the pedestrian's one foot is still on the cross walk.You know what I mean.
This ticket will be I guess a turning point in my life. A tough lesson but a great one in a long run.
If that's what you got wrote for, you are lucky
He wrote you for a basic speeding ticket
it will be expensive, but nothing serious
I believe you will get a option of just pay the fine
and with additional fee for traffic school
in this case, i think the lawyer is not need...
and always goto traffic school if you get a chance
unless you don't care about they raise your insurance

Old 03-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Gangster Member
its just a speeding ticket dont worry, no big deal, just dont get alot of them they will rise your insurance and give you a headache.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Thank you guys for all your encouragement and support.It feels so good to be a part of the G 35 family.
I hope I am lucky and it ends with being a basic speeding ticket.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lokoto
Dude, try and relax. We live in the same town and I got one a week ago for going 20 miles over the speed limit. When your notice comes in the mail, go on the internet, pay it and your drivers ed at the same time. You will do drivers ed and be done with it. The ticket never gets reported to the DMV and your insurance company won't know. If you happen to get another moving violation prior to the 18 months, go to the judge and ask for drivers ed again and report part I. You'll be fine. CHP in CA have quotas they have to fill and unfortunately for you, you were an easy target.