G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

engine oil pressure warning light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an Infiniti dealership tech...Ill be honest about this. Getting your regular services done at the same dealership will grease the wheels for when it comes time to get lots of warranty work done, if anything ever happens they will be more willing to work with you seeing your past devotion to the dealership.

Going to jiffy lube is a very very bad idea. Im not saying that a dealership has never forgotten to add oil after an oil change, im not saying that a dealership hasent had filters fall off from not being tight enough...but if somthing happens to your car at a dealership they will fix it.....not the same story for jiffy lube.

IMO if you go to jiffy lube and they forget oil...drive the hell out of the engine to kill it ASAP. Hell if I were you id drain it and drive the hell out of it and wherever it dies, have it towed to a dealer. Tell them that you just got your oil changed at jiffy lube, the oil light came on and you head a lot of grinding noises and decided to shut it of and get towed. They will find out right away that its a complete engine failure and tell you that its from lack of oil. Thats when you call jiffy lube corprate and tell them whats up, in this instance the dealer will have your back because they have the car with the killed engine.

As a dealership tech I love jiffy lube. We get a lot of customers due to their screw ups. You have a nice car...please take care of it. If you get sick and need a doctor to look at you are you going to go to some "doctor" in a back alley somwhere in somolia, or will you go to a certified physcian here in the states?

Old 03-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Vic
good point g35mechanic..
btw, since you are an infiniti tech, do you think that after market parts like headers, exhausts, intakes will do harm to your car?
my dealership service consultant has been telling me of those BS..

Old 03-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by mtbzee
Right after I got my oil changed at Jiffy Lube, the engine oil pressure warning light came on. Has anyone had this happen to them right after they changed their oil?

I am wondering if this will end up being a big problem. I am hoping this is a minor problem and I can just go back and have them fix it by doing another oil change. Or do I have to go to the dealer and have them take care of it?

also, i read the manual and it states that I need to "stop the engine immediately and call an INFINITI dealer or other authorized repair shop". I did end up driving a couple miles after the light came on to get back home. I am hoping that didn't do any permanent damage to the engine...

one bit of info that might help....the warning light would go away when I accelerated and went past 2500 rpm...it would come back as soon as i was off the gas and getting under 2500 rpm...

ARGH!!! all i wanted to do was get a simple oil change and now this!

any help or insight is much appreciated

thanks!

FIRST CHECK TO SEE IF THEY EVEN PUT MORE THEN ONE QUART OF OIL IN THE ENGINE. DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR, DO NOT START THE ENGINE FOR ANY REASON. CALL INFINITI AND HAVE THEM COME GET THE CAR. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FROM JIFFY LUBE BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE CAUSED SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOUR ENGINE. NEVER DRIVE YOU CAR WITH A OIL WARNING LIGHT

Old 03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
also if they charged you for more oil then they put in, can this turn into anything big? if i got my oil changed at jiffy lube, i would of checked it befor i left and if it was low, id of gone in there and destroyed those guys.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sux man. I had a friend who had an accord and got an oil change at jiffy lube and they forgot to fill oil in it. Well after driving out the drive way it stalled and the whole motor blown up. I personally change my oil myself b/c my uncle owns a mechanic shop and I just wanted to know if dealership warrants the warranty so as long as I keep the reciepts. Rather do things myself then have someone else touch it even the dealership.