G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

$4500 tax return....what to do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
To lower your return, raise the number of exemptions for state and fed. You will see more money in your paycheck.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better reason why you should get some hookers, "your married", go to the venetian with a friend and order up some babes. She will never know.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by fastedy1
never loaned to gov. its all EXTRA money. i dont see ANY of it until my cpa does my taxes. i do want to get rid of the speakers and keep the HU but add an amp. not sure what though. thanks for the advise. forget the hoes..im married.
If you are getting money back when you do your taxes, you are loaning the govt money interest free. A tax refund means they took that money from your paycheck (or quarterly estimated tax payments if you are self employed) throughout the year when you should have held on to it. It is always better to owe a little money each year then to get a refund. $4500 is a ridiculous amount of money to have overpaid - as mentioned before you really need to adjust your exemptions (or send less money in your quarterly estimates, depending on your situation). Fire your cpa.

- pink

Old 03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by pdjafari
las vegas - the venetian...
+ hookers and blow.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Thumbs up

Share with your friends

Old 03-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Mr. Pink I'd say you are a very conservative republican by the way you think. Chill man dont be so upset that your having to pay April 15 and others are getting some back. So what if its a "interest free loan to the government" its going to some good causes. Holla back

Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
Mr. Pink I'd say you are a very conservative republican by the way you think. Chill man dont be so upset that your having to pay April 15 and others are getting some back. So what if its a "interest free loan to the government" its going to some good causes. Holla back
I'm not upset - just trying to lend some financial advise. You don't have to belong to a political party to enjoy money and make the most out of the money you have. Letting the government hold on to it for you for free and then give it back to you every year instead of keeping it yourself and earning interest on it is just smart money management, I fail to see any political agenda.

For the record I'm a wacky libertarian - not a conservative republican. I don't owe - I usually get a small refund (but damn not close to 5 grand!) - but that is becuase due to my wife's business we are always filing extensions (I haven't even submitted my 2003 return yet) - and I need uncle sam to owe me a small amount to do that without penalty. But if I wasn't in my unique position I'd much rather cut a check in April.

- pink

Old 03-21-2005, 05:48 PM
[un-hijacking thread]

I'd go for some new rims (whatever you like) first. if you want a stereo, go for that too. you could probably throw in an aftermarket front & rear bumper combo, however i would recommend getting new exhaust before a body kit.

[continue hijack]

i'm also in the same boat for getting large tax returns - mine was approx $2500. i understand that it's basically a free loan to the gov't, but i justify it because frankly i get by just fine with my current tax deductions per paycheck. it's just nice to get a fat check in the spring, so that i can pay off any random bills i have.

i paid off my credit card with my tax return and had $500 to throw around. of course, its possible that i wouldnt have racked up a credit card bill if i wouldve been getting that tax money with each paycheck... but oh well. *shrug*

Last edited by jayco; 03-21-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'll pay off some bills!

Old 03-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by mr pink
If you are getting money back when you do your taxes, you are loaning the govt money interest free. A tax refund means they took that money from your paycheck (or quarterly estimated tax payments if you are self employed) throughout the year when you should have held on to it. It is always better to owe a little money each year then to get a refund. $4500 is a ridiculous amount of money to have overpaid - as mentioned before you really need to adjust your exemptions (or send less money in your quarterly estimates, depending on your situation). Fire your cpa.

- pink
thanks for your concern but i'll explain it without getting to deep into it. just like what i said, its all EXTRA, i repeat, EXTRA moneys. i would never have seen it during the year. i run a small busi at home and my CPA does a fantastic job in getting me moneys i NEVER would have seen before.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Go to Tijuana, Mexico and have a grand ol time with hookers at the Donkey show.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by rommel350z
Go to Tijuana, Mexico and have a grand ol time with hookers at the Donkey show.
ummm....ok

Old 03-22-2005, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by mr pink
...It is always better to owe a little money each year then to get a refund...
Don't forget... if you owe too much, you'll get charged interest (usually when you paid less than 90% of your tax liability).

Old 03-22-2005, 08:43 AM
See Mr. Pink your contradicting yourself you just admitted that you are getting a tax return and so you too loaned the government free money. Maybe you need to check into a new CPA so you can stop giving extra money to the government. Hey some financial advise change your exemptions. : ) You know im just playing around with you Mr. Pink.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:42 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pay down your car loan, or invest it in something, wish I had an extra $4500 laying around to do the same. A penny saved is a penny earned, tax free

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $4500 tax return....what to do