G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

PIAA fog lights in grill.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 05:07 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't recomend PIAA bulbs or housings!!! They are way overpriced and cheaply made!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wrah, so far have you had any problems with rock chips on the lenses of thoes projectors?

Old 04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by urban
Has anyone put fog lights inside the black plastic grill part. I thought I saw a pic of a guy who made circular cut outs and inserted fogs within them to make it look flush but I cannot find the post anymore.
Any help would be appreciated.
you driving a truck?

Old 04-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Update.

Well I finally did the install of the fog lights and it came out just as I wanted, I need to align the height a little as it was just off on one side but as it's getting late I will leave that for tomorrow.
Here are some pics I just took, sorry for the bugs all over the front bumper but I did not have time to clean her all up...hehe.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:17 AM
^^ looks good. I threw some fogs behind my lower grills last weekend... I like how they turned out. I'll grab some pics of them tomorrow and post them up here.

Old 04-15-2005, 06:39 AM
how hard/easy was the install?

Old 04-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Took about 2 hours, the hardest part was getting the wires through the firewall as there are not that many places to feed it through. The switch actually fit into a knock out which is located below the VDC and trunk opener switch which was cool.
All in all I think it is an easy task to do if you follow the few instructions provided for the lights, the cutting of the grill was also easy with the right tools.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Took about 2 hours, the hardest part was getting the wires through the firewall as there are not that many places to feed it through. The switch actually fit into a knock out which is located below the VDC and trunk opener switch which was cool.
All in all I think it is an easy task to do if you follow the few instructions provided for the lights, the cutting of the grill was also easy with the right tools.
Yeah, I found getting into the cabin the hardest part. That rubber piece on the firewall is no joke! For me though, my install was also pretty simple. Remove bumper, place lights, run wires, break through firewall, install switch, and call it a day.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey guys, the installs look good. I was thinking of doing this to my car as well but was wondering if you had to make any custom mounting brackets? I took a quick look once and couldn't really find any place to anchor...or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Paragon
Hey guys, the installs look good. I was thinking of doing this to my car as well but was wondering if you had to make any custom mounting brackets? I took a quick look once and couldn't really find any place to anchor...or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

No. Nothing really custom. However, for my type of installation, pieces had to be removed. I had to take out two foam blocks that sit right behind the lower grills. I didn't care too much because my driverside block was already missing from my CAI install.

But yeah, once you take out the foam blocks, you will have a little shelf you can mount the lights on.

Last edited by borahatch; 05-04-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:01 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG]

[/IMG]

And here are the pics I promised... Not the best quality but you get the idea. And my fogs aren't that yellow. If anyone wants pics of how things were wired up, let me know.

EDIT: I found a pic with my bumper off. You can see in this pic exactly where the lights will go. Left side, no block. And on the driver side, you can see the block that will be removed. Hope this helps.

Last edited by borahatch; 05-04-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:15 PM
G'z 6MT
Well I finally did the install of the fog lights and it came out just as I wanted, I need to align the height a little as it was just off on one side but as it's getting late I will leave that for tomorrow.
Here are some pics I just took, sorry for the bugs all over the front bumper but I did not have time to clean her all up...hehe.

What was your costs.
What type of fogs did you use.
What was the time involved.

Old 05-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Correct me if im wrong...

Aren't fog lights ricey? (note the sig)

Old 05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Borahatch, thanks for the pics, especially the one with the bumper removed...gives me a good idea on what's involved in mounting them.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Correct me if im wrong...

Aren't fog lights ricey? (note the sig)
Not really. My fogs lights actually provide a lot more useable light. They light up signs better at night and and throw a usable amount of light to the side of the car. But I understand that some fog lights have the potential to be ricey.

Paragon, your're welcome. Glad I could help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PIAA fog lights in grill.