G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

got pulled over on the turnpike.. what to do now..[dont know if its serious]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The owner of the vehicle is always responsible, doesn't matter who drives or parks it.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My driver's license was suspended because I, according to NJ Motor Vehicles, had an unpaid parking ticket from 6/7 years before. After I spoke with MV and did some research, apparently there was a ticket issued with an old license plate number that I had (on a Jeep). The car description on the ticket was some Ford. Clearly, there was a technicality issue. Of course, I never received any notices until the one that says my license will be suspended in two weeks!!

As ridiculous as this espiode sounds, the burden of proof was still on me. I had to bring old pix of my Jeep, appeared in court multiple times and go to DMV to finally get my license re-instated. I drive to work. Needless to say, I had to drive for a couple of weeks with a suspended license. I was a nervous wrack while doing it but had no choice. Not an experience I would wish even upon my worst enemy. Thinking back now makes me shiver.

Last edited by fullofivy; 03-29-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy crap....9 points?? Did I read that right? Good luck man, that stinks.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Swerving and Weaving
not to be ignorant, but here in houston i dont think i have ever heard of this whole points thing. Can someone give me a short explanation?

And yeah man that does suck that you got pulled but if it was like a mile down the road form where he clocked you, then your defense would be "He might have mistake your car for something else." I dont know what color you car is, but im sure ther was more than one of that color car driving by at the time he pulled you over.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:45 AM
he did not clock me. he said he paced me.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Swerving and Weaving
Originally Posted by ddog
he did not clock me. he said he paced me.
wow even more disqualifying evidence. he has no proof of how fast you were going

Old 03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Alonjar
I've never understood how you could get tickets on your license for any reason via mail. Just like those stupid automated speed cameras, or the traffic light cams. If more than one person drives a car, how the **** can they charge you, if theres no way to prove who was actually driving?

If 10 people are in a room, and one person ends up dead, you cant charge the other 9 for murder. You need to find out who actually did it.

Then again, I guess thats what lawyers are for. Calling BS on abusive uses of the law.
Errrr. I guess you have never gotten a red light camera ticket before. They take a couple of pictures. One including your license plate and another one aimmed at the driver of the car and another one including both. Unless the picture is blurred or your face is unrecognizable it's hard to go in and argue with the judge the person in the camera it isn't you. "Your honor I have a long lost twin that looked just like me drives the same car as me but he isn't me."

If in fact you weren't the driver you can respond by mail saying it isn't you.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Alonjar
I've never understood how you could get tickets on your license for any reason via mail. Just like those stupid automated speed cameras, or the traffic light cams. If more than one person drives a car, how the **** can they charge you, if theres no way to prove who was actually driving?
My experience has been that in these cases the law places responsibility for the 'car's' actions on the registered owner, not the driver at the time.

I think it's ridiculous, but that's my understanding about how they prosecute these things so successfully.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by CarCrazed
If in fact you weren't the driver you can respond by mail saying it isn't you.
Not in DC. It's just like a Parking Ticket. Doesn't matter who parked it, the Registered Owners are responsible for the Fine. No points, just a fine. Add Photo Radar Speed tickets to the mix now.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately, racial profiling happens. I would get a lawyer. The speeding ticket probably isn't too big of a deal, but the driving under a suspended license might be. It might be worth paying a lawyer to plead your case and get the second charged dropped or something.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Hire a Traffice Attourney, my friends and I have this one guy who gets us off practically everytime. For most tickets he charges us $200 and so far he hasnt failed us yet. He also guarantees that if he loses, we only have to pay him $100.

Its better than going for the plead bargain.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Wow, I hate ******* cops like this!!

I drive my G35 on the turnpike all the freakin time, and that really pisses me off to hear this story.. EVERYONE, i repeat EVERYONE goes anywhere from 70-80MPH and over on the entire turnpike. Not going to lie, there are times where my speedometer hits well over 90 and the 100's (only occasionally, and I admit I am wrong there) But ALL moving traffic on the turnpike probably averages anywhere from 70-80 at all times. There are some sections where the speed limit changes from 65MPH to 55MPH for some time, and I have yet to EVER see anyone drop below even 70 through those sections. Everyone just contiunes on at 80 including myself and the majority of all traffic. I dont think I have ever seen anyone actually doing 55 on the turnpike in all my life.

Good luck fighting the ticket. Not much you can do to fight the 70 in the 55MPH zone ticket, other than deal with that type of BS. Its amazing that he singled you out in that sort of situation, and it sucks since there is nothing you can do about these jack *** cops that will pull you over when nobody actualyl does 55 in those areas. This just really pisses ME off, since I drive on the turnpike so much, and I know if I was pulled over in those random zones where they 'decide' to make the limit 55, when everyone else was going 75-80, I would be pretty freakin pissed.

Good luck and sorry to hear!

Old 03-30-2005, 04:01 AM
thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 04:03 AM
Yeah i was thinking wtf too. Come on 70 on the turnpike? People constantly go 80MPH steady.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:25 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
If I only had a dollar for every one of these "I got a ticket" and "I was singled out" threads. If you speed and get a ticket for it, what is the problem? You committed a traffic offense and you got caught. Take your punishment like a man and stop whining. I dare you to go in front of the judge and use either of these defenses for speeding:
DWB
EVERYBODY speeds on the TP

As far as the driving on a suspended, I hope that works out for you. Sounds like you may be able to get some leniency in that case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got pulled over on the turnpike.. what to do now..[dont know if its serious]