G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

got pulled over on the turnpike.. what to do now..[dont know if its serious]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got pulled over on the turnpike.. what to do now..[dont know if its serious]

anyway i was cruising on the turnpike on saturday going 70MPH on the truck lane. Me and my gf were going to catch a movie. ALL of a sudden, a cop pulls me over and i was thinking what the hell? the turnpike is a 65MPH road.. Anyway he tells me that like 1mile back the speed limit changed to 55MPH. I did not even see that at all, I always go 70MPH on cruise control on the turnpike. Anyway the worst news is he told me my license was suspended because of a parking ticket..He made me switch with my gf so my gf drove us back home.

OK here's the bottom line.. The address on my license is my home but i live and go to school 1hr away. I NEVER saw a ticket on my car. They probably just mailed it to my house like they do when the weather gets bad or something. My parents never go through or open my mail so they never told me i had anything from DMV.. Anyway to cut the story short, the cop gave me two tickets, one for going 70 in a 55(I didnt think that was necessary, there were cars flying past at 80MPH), and also gave me a ticket for driving while suspended.

Do you guys think i need a lawyer? Im not trying to get points on my license. My insurance is already crazy as it is, What should i do? I was even nice as possible and he didnt give me a break. BTW i have a 2004 g35 so he probably just singled me out for DOB. (Driving while black)
Ive been pulled over like 2 times before(FOR NO REASON), the cops just said oh we just checking up on you.. They figure if im black then i probably stole the car.. Messed up stuff i tell u..

Old 03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
1 consultation is free...

please look into legal council.

sorry to say it but it looks like the case can be pleaded better by someone who knows the court.

sorry to hear it

and gl with the case, keep us posted !

ppp

Old 03-28-2005, 10:36 PM
lol, man that sux. hope you get your licence back soon

oh, and its DWB.

lol national security.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
well i got my license back today. It was suspended over a freaking $40 parking ticket i didnt know about. I was reading and there are some stiff penalties for driving while suspended This sucks

Old 03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
yea im not racist but ive been pulled over by racist cops before.. I know cause of what they said to me. and no it was like 10pm, i didnt know that road changes from 65 to 55 and then back to 65 within a few miles, I just set cruise control at 70 every single time i go on the TPKE and i never had problems before..

Old 03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ddog
well i got my license back today. It was suspended over a freaking $40 parking ticket i didnt know about. I was reading and there are some stiff penalties for driving while suspended This sucks
Suspended over a parking ticket? Are you serious? I once got a parking ticket too but someone took it off my windshield so I never knew about it until I got the overdue notice like 30 days later in the mail. I knew someone with not one but 5 overdue parking tickets and they only threatened to tow his car and take away his plates. It's beyond me how your license can get suspended over something so minor up there.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:35 PM
yup, license suspended over a parking ticket,, look at the penalties btw -

Offense 39:3-40 driving while license suspended- general provision
1st Offense
- $500 fine, and
- driver's license suspension not to exceed 6 months
-9 car insurance eligibility points for each violation
$750 DMV surcharges

Old 03-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey dog, you are lucky that incident didnt happen here in the sunshine state(FL) they can arrest you for driving with a suspended license!! PJ

Old 03-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but when they issue a parking ticket, they don't have a driver's license number to write down. The ticket should be tied to the car's registration at the dmv. In Cali, they don't let you renew your vehicle registration if you have outstanding parking tickets, but they don't know who parked the car illegally.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by aaron6166
Correct me if i'm wrong, but when they issue a parking ticket, they don't have a driver's license number to write down. The ticket should be tied to the car's registration at the dmv. In Cali, they don't let you renew your vehicle registration if you have outstanding parking tickets, but they don't know who parked the car illegally.
I've never understood how you could get tickets on your license for any reason via mail. Just like those stupid automated speed cameras, or the traffic light cams. If more than one person drives a car, how the **** can they charge you, if theres no way to prove who was actually driving?

If 10 people are in a room, and one person ends up dead, you cant charge the other 9 for murder. You need to find out who actually did it.

Then again, I guess thats what lawyers are for. Calling BS on abusive uses of the law.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 AM
ddog,
That totally sucks. I feel for you man. Not sure what I would have done in your shoes. I mean there is NO WAY I would let my GF drive MY G!! 8)
Good luck. Sounds like you are going to need it.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Alonjar
... I've never understood how you could get tickets on your license for any reason via mail. Just like those stupid automated speed cameras, or the traffic light cams. If more than one person drives a car, how the **** can they charge you, if theres no way to prove who was actually driving? ...
Great argument against ticketing an illegally parked car - not!

Old 03-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by ddog
anyway i was cruising on the turnpike on saturday going 70MPH on the truck lane. ... BTW i have a 2004 g35 so he probably just singled me out for DOB. (Driving while black) ...
Yeah right. Probably had nothing to do with your doing 15 mph over the posted limit. DOB ????

Old 03-29-2005, 08:26 AM
i would definitely try to get an attourney.
maybe you can go to court and tell them what happened?
it seems that the penalties awaiting you are ridiculous considering the plausible story you have.
it is entirely possible that you didnt get anything in the mail regarding a ticket, and anyone in their right mind would pay a $40 ticket to keep their license.. its not like you cant afford it.
+ going 70 on the highway and not having seen the 55mph sign..? if you're sure its not there go take pics. otherwise just say you didnt see it, maybe you can find out when it was put up and say you didnt notice it?
i wouldnt lie about anything though..
http://uploads.offtopic.com/files/DSC0t82060.JPG
i wouldnt stress the situation, with some good council you should be ok!

also, dont worry about the cops, just cruise at 70 and sure they may stop you, racist or not. sometimes they have a good reason, sometimes they dont. i'd rather deal with those cops than the ones we have, where i am i was stopped on a highly visible road when my car first got here so they could make an example out of me -i had done nothing wrong, but they stopped me, made me pull my car next to theirs, and stand outside while people drove by if i knew better i would have complained, but what can you do? its not smart to make enemies with people who carry guns and enforce laws. (ps im young and black too)

dont let em get to you . gl with everything!

Last edited by tekknikal; 03-29-2005 at 08:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got pulled over on the turnpike.. what to do now..[dont know if its serious]