G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The fix for the gas tank issue (Ramsey Infiniti)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info G35Mechanic....where are you working?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Ave is only 10 minutes from me as well. I actually went there when I was looking to buy my coupe a few weeks ago but they wouldn't. Do Infiniti dealerships in general treat all service customers equally? Or are they snooty to you if you goto a dealership for service that you didn't buy from?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn Pete, where do you live? I live in New Milford, so I am literally within walking distance of Park Ave yet I still trek out to Ramsey for proper service. Ramsey was a bit snooty to me when I first started going there cause I bought my car from Park Ave. Then I spoke to the service manager about all the crap I went through and he said he'd take care of me.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:42 AM
I live in Cliffside Park ( Lived here for about 1.5yrs) I actually have a few friends who live in New Milford. Wow, if you drive all the way to Ramsey I am thinking that Park must have some issues. The dealer where I bought my coupe at is all the way in Long Beach (near Sleezeside Heights) so to go there for service would be a major PITA. Ah well, I was planning on doing a lot of the minor maitenence myself anyways.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey guys... If you guys have had issues with Park ave in the past, it's a lot different now. The Old service Manager is no longer there (Bill). They recently hired new people to hopefully increase customer satisfaction.

How do I know? Because I work for them. I'm a tech over at park ave and I think don't think we're doing that bad. Sure there are some jackasses over here, but you'll find one anywhere you go.

Sorry if you guys arent pleased.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Got the car back last night after what seemed an unbelievable long time but everything works. I was able to fill up the gas tank ALL THE WAY! Wow. They also fixed the parcel shelf rattle. Makes the stereo soooo much better! Kudos to Ramsey Infiniti....can't say the same for the service rcashier.....:barf:

Old 04-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Never enough
They should do more stuff like this. They get paid by corp to fix this stuff.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shipsaeki
I'm a tech over at park ave and I think don't think we're doing that bad.
Freudian slip?

Gto350, glad to hear it got fixed....but, what exactly did they do to fix the gas tank problem??

Old 04-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by shipsaeki
Hey guys... If you guys have had issues with Park ave in the past, it's a lot different now. The Old service Manager is no longer there (Bill). They recently hired new people to hopefully increase customer satisfaction.

How do I know? Because I work for them. I'm a tech over at park ave and I think don't think we're doing that bad. Sure there are some jackasses over here, but you'll find one anywhere you go.

Sorry if you guys arent pleased.
Well I am going to give you guys a shot for my first service. Hope to meet you!

Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Well I am going to give you guys a shot for my first service. Hope to meet you!
I'll say a prayer for you.

Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
LOL! I was joking around with the last comment. But yeah, park ave on Dean Street. But for everyone's sake, I hope they did hire all new people. I've been on these forums since before the car was released and have read way too many horror stories about Park Ave, not to mention a few of my own. At first I thought it was me being one of those "tough" customers and maybe I was over reacting, but it was a trend. Others were pursuing legal action, but fortunately I jumped ship before anything disastrous happened to me. But I do wish you guys all the best if things are working out for you.

But Park Ave did have the cute girls over Ramsey

Old 04-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by afr0puff
LOL!
But Park Ave did have the cute girls over Ramsey
Amen....of course the old ladies home on Rt17 would have better looking people than Ramey's service cashier!

Old 04-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by madchef

Gto350, glad to hear it got fixed....but, what exactly did they do to fix the gas tank problem??
The tank would NOT fill up and sometimes wouldn't fill at all. They replaced both sending units in the tank and the fuel pump. Works fine now.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:54 AM
The fuel tank was filling fine. If the replaced the sending units then your problem is that the fuel sending units were bad. The fuel pump, sending unit, and primary fuel filter are all one assembly and there are two of them in the g/fx's. When this occurs the fuel gauge will usually read 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 and it can happen on any infiniti, but its mostly isolated to the g/fx. If the tank physcally wouldn not fill then you would need to replace the inlet hose, vent hose, and if that dosent fix it you need to get authorization from infiniti to replace the whole fuel tank under warranty. Either way...good thing you got it fixed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The fix for the gas tank issue (Ramsey Infiniti)